Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: 3 things offense will improve on....

Legend

User Info Menu

3 things offense will improve on....

I'm not sold on these.

https://steelerswire.usatoday.com/li...kenny-pickett/

Down the stretch in the second half of 2022, the Steelers run game picked up steam but the additions of offensive tackle Broderick Jones, guard Isaac Seumalo and tight end Darnell Washington will really help power the run game.
    So, our rushing game is going to improve based on 2 rookies we added...really? Not usually something you can count on, not impossible, but not likely.

It might not seem like it but this offseason has really improved the Steelers deep passing. Not only because the team signed Allen Robinson who can dominate in the slot or even the healthy return of speedster Calvin Austin III but going back to the first item, the ability to run the football at will is going to force safeties into the box and let Kenny Pickett work deep.
    So, our improved passing is going to manifest itself from a 30+ year old WR who has avg. 35 catches the last 2 years? Last I checked, the last 2 years were the most meaningful. What are the odds Robinson is going to be healthy for all of 2023?

One thing the Steelers offense under Matt Canada has been is predictable. With the additions at wide receiver and tight end, along with an improved offensive line, even Canada should be able to diversify this offense and take teams off guard.
    I'm trying to follow the logic here. Canada is going to be less predictable because....why again? With the addition of a washed up WR and rookie TE "even Canada should be able to diversify this offense and take teams off guard." (scratching head). I'm not sure I follow the logic.

This article did little to convince me of any of the points it brought up. I was hoping it was the bearer of good news.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

The runing game is going to improve because our center, right guard & right tackle built chemistry together all last year. Then the left gurd is a great run blocker & is not a rookie. Our rookie left tackle & monster big TE will help in running game because run blocking is a very natural skill, the pass blocking with all the different protection schemes takes much longer to learn & improve on.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

If the running game improves you then can throw out of running formations with play action & be less predictable. Keep out of 2nd & 3rd & longs would help us mix things up more.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by LPMAN View Post
    If the running game improves you then can throw out of running formations with play action & be less predictable. Keep out of 2nd & 3rd & longs would help us mix things up more.
    Yea, that's the expressed plan: do better on 1st downs. We won't know if that "plan" is working for a while.

Legend

User Info Menu

You're correct. The problem is Canada. Has he ever heard of a play action?
    Steel City Mafia
    So Cal Boss (Ret)
    [URL]http://www.anewsong.com[/URL]

Legend

User Info Menu

Four months before the start of the season and predicting failure

Trolls will troll 24/7 365
    "My team, may they always be right, but right or wrong...MY TEAM!"

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by whisper View Post
    I'm not sold on these.

https://steelerswire.usatoday.com/li...kenny-pickett/

So, our rushing game is going to improve based on 2 rookies we added...really? Not usually something you can count on, not impossible, but not likely.

So, our improved passing is going to manifest itself from a 30+ year old WR who has avg. 35 catches the last 2 years? Last I checked, the last 2 years were the most meaningful. What are the odds Robinson is going to be healthy for all of 2023?

I'm trying to follow the logic here. Canada is going to be less predictable because....why again? With the addition of a washed up WR and rookie TE "even Canada should be able to diversify this offense and take teams off guard." (scratching head). I'm not sure I follow the logic.

This article did little to convince me of any of the points it brought up. I was hoping it was the bearer of good news.
    >>> Yes the rushing game will improve, In case you didn't notice we spent our first round pick on beast of Tackle, and spent a lot of money to upgade Guard. We also added a good run blocking FB and TE to use. I will bet you we average more per rush this year. Now if we can only use more play action!

It up to Canada, the man Tomlin appointed to run the offense, but the bum players are on their way out! I admit to questioning the wisdom of hiring the man, but we will be better at runing the ball in 2023. I'll stake my opinion in that, barring injuries.

-JB
    Tomlin hasn't won a playoff game in seven years and counting. The earliest will be eight years. I guess that in Art Rooney's II, opinion is worth a 3 year extension.

Our 2024 draft looks to be grade A. Our 2023 draft is an A. The roster is talented, but Mike Tomlin is still the head coach.

*** Mike Tomlin is the best coach since the AFL- NFL merger that has not won a playoff game in 8 seasons or more. It's either him or Lewis. ***

Legend

User Info Menu

The runing game is going to improve because our center, right guard & right tackle built chemistry together all last year. Then the left gurd is a great run blocker & is not a rookie. Our rookie left tackle & monster big TE will help in running game because run blocking is a very natural skill, the pass blocking with all the different protection schemes takes much longer to learn & improve on.
    So, counting on two rookies to upgrade the rushing game, OK.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by whisper View Post
    So, counting on two rookies to upgrade the rushing game, OK.
    You were calling for the Steelers to address both lines in the draft, they got the guy some thought was the best LT, and you reversed course.

Pick.

A.

Lane.

Banned

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Joel Buchsbaum View Post

It is up to Canada, the man Tomlin appointed to run the offense, but the bum players are on their way out!

-JB
    Yep........it's ALL comes down to Canada now. No more excuses for him. Sink or swim time for him here in Pittsburgh.