Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: steelers are making a move with Mitch

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

This is definitely a head-scratcher. I thought for sure Trubisky would have tried to look for a starting gig after this season. Maybe he still will. Regardless, the Steelers depth chart at QB is pretty friggin' solid. Good deal all the way around as far as I'm concerned.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by feltdizz View Post
    weird he didn?t find a backup role anywhere else as the #2. He must really like the metro area
    I think he's already unhappy.... I suspect that he came in expecting to be in line for #2 NEXT year...
    2013 MNF Executive Champion!

DeVille's final Mock
    1.20 - Tailiese Fuaga, OT, Oregon St
    2.51 - Zach Frazier, C, WVU
    3.84 - Luke Mccaffery, WR, Rice
    3.98 - Andru Phillips, CB, Kentucky
    4.117 - Maason Smith, DT, LSU
    6.178 - Travis Glover, OT, Ga State
    6.195 - Dillon Johnson, RB, Washington

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Flasteel View Post
    This is definitely a head-scratcher. I thought for sure Trubisky would have tried to look for a starting gig after this season. Maybe he still will. Regardless, the Steelers depth chart at QB is pretty friggin' solid. Good deal all the way around as far as I'm concerned.
    Fourteen QBs drafted this year. Add another 9 or 10 each of the last couple seasons and it gets real hard to find an open spot. MR probably saw the same thing. What other team has a 3rd string QB with starting experience?

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by SteelerOfDeVille View Post
    I think he's already unhappy.... I suspect that he came in expecting to be in line for #2 NEXT year...
    He knows by now.. market must have told him this was his only home.
    I lost a bet about Najee gaining 1300 yards.

"Our head coach has failed to win a playoff game for seven years in a row. His game day strategy, culture of divas, in game decisions, clock management, player evaluation, hires, and affinity with sub par starters at RB, P, and OL are holding the Steelers back. That standard remains the standard"

Legend

User Info Menu

Don't get it, you save $8M by cutting him. If KP goes down for the year, you're going nowhere. If he misses 2-3 games, no diff between MR and MT.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by whisper View Post
    Then WTF we were doing re-signing MR this week? WTF is going on?
    at the owners meetings they tabled the idea of the 3rd qb rule. a few of the guys on nfl radio think they'll approve a new rule for a 3rd qb on game day citing the 49er playoff game last year

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by feltdizz View Post
    He knows by now.. market must have told him this was his only home.
    Agreed, and I don't see where all of this MR support is coming from. This is a guy who once lost a starting job to Duck Hodges. If any team would have given the chance to compete as the #2, then he would be there by now. This was his best offer - a place he supposedly had no intention of returning to.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by WindyCitySteel View Post
    If he misses 2-3 games, no diff between MR and MT.
    We see that the FO, and the rest of the league, disagrees.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by WindyCitySteel View Post
    Don't get it, you save $8M by cutting him. If KP goes down for the year, you're going nowhere. If he misses 2-3 games, no diff between MR and MT.
    This is how I felt when we had Ben.

But I don't think it's how I feel about KP (yet). I don't think the gap from KP to Mitch / Mason is all that big. It's no where near like it was going from Ben to Mason / Duck IMO.

No matter who our QB is, we'll mostly win with defense and the run game. At least based on where we were last season. I think we're all hoping for a big jump from Mason.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by steeler_fan_in_t.o. View Post
    We see that the FO, and the rest of the league, disagrees.
    FO certainly does, but does the league? Nobody wanted either.

While we focus on building the most QB depth in the league, we have poor depth at ILB, OLB, and safety. If Watt or Highsmith misses significant time we are kaput.