Page 1 of 14 12311 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 169

Thread: OT: The real Lamar Jackson has requested a trade

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
  1. #1
    Legend

    User Info Menu

    OT: The real Lamar Jackson has requested a trade

    I lost a bet about Najee gaining 1300 yards.

    "Our head coach has failed to win a playoff game for seven years in a row. His game day strategy, culture of divas, in game decisions, clock management, player evaluation, hires, and affinity with sub par starters at RB, P, and OL are holding the Steelers back. That standard remains the standard"



  2. #2
    Legend

    User Info Menu

    They're going to end up with two first round picks, I believe someone will guarantee his entire contract. Why would the Ravens trade him? They're in line to either receive 2-1st round picks or having play at 32 million for one year. Plus, Lamar has to do his own negotiating which is probably a mistake on his part. OTOH, why would a team negotiate a trade that gives up more than 2-1st round picks when they could make him an offer and see if the Ravens match or not. It will be interesting to see what the league thinks about his ability to take a team into the playoffs and possibly a Super Bowl.

    I am also beginning to come around to Steel Maniac's take on Lamar as a player. This year will be interesting.

    Pappy


    The 2024 Pittsburgh Steeler draft

    1.20 - Troy Fautanu, T, Washington
    2.51 - Zach Frazier, C, West Virginia
    3.84 - Roman Wilson, WR, Michigan
    3.98 - Payton Wilson, LB, UNC
    4.119 - Mason McCprmick, OG, S. Dakota St
    7.178 - Logan Lee, DT, Iowa
    7.195 -

    "Football is a physical game, well, it used to be anyways" - Mel Blount


  3. #3
    Legend

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by papillon View Post
    I am also beginning to come around to Steel Maniac's take on Lamar as a player.
    so you think Lamar Jackson is a total bust and flop in the NFL?

    because that was Steel Maniac's prediction about Lamar that many of us have been disagreeing with.

    everything else has just been him moving the goalposts since he's unable to ever admit he was wrong.
    Steel Maniac's Time-Based Prediction: Lamar Jackson will be a bust and total flop in the NFL.

    What Actually Happened: Lamar Jackson became the youngest two-time NFL MVP winner ever.

    Gloat gloat gloat


    Boom........Knuckle up. Punk.

    My IT guy...
    Hahahahahahaha

  4. #4
    Legend

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by hawaiiansteel View Post
    so you think Lamar Jackson is a total bust and flop in the NFL?

    because that was Steel Maniac's prediction about Lamar that many of us have been disagreeing with.

    everything else has just been him moving the goalposts since he's unable to ever admit he was wrong.
    Obviously, not a total bust, but going to hamstring a team financially and not carry them into the playoffs and win playoff games. His athletic ability will win a lot of games but his quarterbacking abilities will see early exits from the playoffs, imo. Ask yourself this question. Would you take Lamar over Pickett right now? That is, would you give up 2-1st round picks and make a 250 million dollar guaranteed contract to hire Lamar Jackson?

    I don't think I would and each of the other 31 teams have to take into consideration what Lamar Jackson wants for a contract. He just isn't worth it.

    Pappy
    Last edited by papillon; 03-27-2023 at 11:06 PM.


    The 2024 Pittsburgh Steeler draft

    1.20 - Troy Fautanu, T, Washington
    2.51 - Zach Frazier, C, West Virginia
    3.84 - Roman Wilson, WR, Michigan
    3.98 - Payton Wilson, LB, UNC
    4.119 - Mason McCprmick, OG, S. Dakota St
    7.178 - Logan Lee, DT, Iowa
    7.195 -

    "Football is a physical game, well, it used to be anyways" - Mel Blount


  5. #5
    Legend

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by papillon View Post
    Obviously, not a total bust, but going to hamstring a team financially and not carry them into the playoffs and win games. His athletic ability will win a lot of games but his quarterbacking abilities will see early exits from the playoffs, imo. Ask yourself this question. Would you take Lamar over Pickett right now? That is, would you give up 2-1st round picks and make a 250 million dollar guaranteed contract to hire Lamar Jackson?

    I don't think I would and each of the other 31 teams have to take into consideration what Lamar Jackson wants for a contract. He just isn't worth it.

    Pappy
    I don't necessarily disagree with anything you just said.

    but you're completely missing the point of what started this whole debate. as soon as Baltimore drafted Lamar Jackson, Steel Maniac predicted he was going to be a total bust and flop in the NFL and set the Ravens franchise back 5 years for selecting him. additionally, SM predicted the Browns' drafting Baker Mayfield would leapfrog them ahead of Baltimore in the standings.

    well, LJ won a NFL MVP award, has a .740 winning record, has led the Ravens to two AFC North titles and the Browns have yet to finish ahead of the Ravens since they drafted Mayfield.

    all it would take for everyone to just move on is for Steel Maniac to admit that he was wrong about Lamar being a total flop and bust in the NFL. however, since he has a complete inability to ever admit when he's wrong, he continues to move the goalposts from what he originally said.
    Steel Maniac's Time-Based Prediction: Lamar Jackson will be a bust and total flop in the NFL.

    What Actually Happened: Lamar Jackson became the youngest two-time NFL MVP winner ever.

    Gloat gloat gloat


    Boom........Knuckle up. Punk.

    My IT guy...
    Hahahahahahaha

  6. #6
    Legend

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by hawaiiansteel View Post
    I don't necessarily disagree with anything you just said.

    but you're completely missing the point of what started this whole debate. as soon as Baltimore drafted Lamar Jackson, Steel Maniac predicted he was going to be a total bust and flop in the NFL and set the Ravens franchise back 5 years for selecting him. additionally, SM predicted the Browns' drafting Baker Mayfield would leapfrog them ahead of Baltimore in the standings.

    well, LJ won a NFL MVP award, has a .740 winning record, has led the Ravens to two AFC North titles and the Browns have yet to finish ahead of the Ravens since they drafted Mayfield.

    all it would take for everyone to just move on is for Steel Maniac to admit that he was wrong about Lamar being a total flop and bust in the NFL. however, since he has a complete inability to ever admit when he's wrong, he continues to move the goalposts from what he originally said.
    To be fair, all it would take is for you to just let it go. Everyone who read SM's original post on LJ knows he was wrong. And you and everyone else knows he will never admit being wrong. What he said completely discredited LJ's abilities. But at the same time, he may not be COMPLETELY wrong either. It's looking more and more like LJ has set the RATS back.

    I completely agree with what Pappy wrote. And at this point, I'm hoping that the RATS find a way to sign Lamar because I think it may actually be better for us if he stays with the RATS than if he leaves and gives the RATS some draft picks to get a better QB. Not a better, more exciting athlete, but potentially a better QB.

  7. #7
    Legend

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by papillon View Post
    They're going to end up with two first round picks, I believe someone will guarantee his entire contract. Why would the Ravens trade him? They're in line to either receive 2-1st round picks or having play at 32 million for one year. Plus, Lamar has to do his own negotiating which is probably a mistake on his part. OTOH, why would a team negotiate a trade that gives up more than 2-1st round picks when they could make him an offer and see if the Ravens match or not. It will be interesting to see what the league thinks about his ability to take a team into the playoffs and possibly a Super Bowl.

    I am also beginning to come around to Steel Maniac's take on Lamar as a player. This year will be interesting.

    Pappy
    I think he held out this year and wasn’t as injured as he led on.

    as far as play, I think if a team gives up a few first round picks for him it’s the exact opposite of what you are believing. Teams aren’t trading for a player who isn’t any good.
    I lost a bet about Najee gaining 1300 yards.

    "Our head coach has failed to win a playoff game for seven years in a row. His game day strategy, culture of divas, in game decisions, clock management, player evaluation, hires, and affinity with sub par starters at RB, P, and OL are holding the Steelers back. That standard remains the standard"



  8. #8
    Legend

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by papillon View Post
    They're going to end up with two first round picks, I believe someone will guarantee his entire contract. Why would the Ravens trade him? They're in line to either receive 2-1st round picks or having play at 32 million for one year. Plus, Lamar has to do his own negotiating which is probably a mistake on his part. OTOH, why would a team negotiate a trade that gives up more than 2-1st round picks when they could make him an offer and see if the Ravens match or not. It will be interesting to see what the league thinks about his ability to take a team into the playoffs and possibly a Super Bowl.

    I am also beginning to come around to Steel Maniac's take on Lamar as a player. This year will be interesting.

    Pappy
    I think the reason for a team to do this would be because they actually want him at a reasonable contract.

    I think Baltimore's hope is that another team makes Lamar a reasonable offer and then Baltimore matches. Then they get the player on a reasonable deal and the other team does the hard work of negotiating.

    So to not have Baltimore match, the other team could (1) make an unreasonably high offer and live with the overpayment or (2) offer enough compensation to BAL that makes it too good to give up.

    I'm not sure either happens.

    Maybe Lamar is on the road to trying to play out the tag and be one of the better QBs to hit UFA in their prime.

  9. #9
    Legend

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by Northern_Blitz View Post
    I think the reason for a team to do this would be because they actually want him at a reasonable contract.

    I think Baltimore's hope is that another team makes Lamar a reasonable offer and then Baltimore matches. Then they get the player on a reasonable deal and the other team does the hard work of negotiating.

    So to not have Baltimore match, the other team could (1) make an unreasonably high offer and live with the overpayment or (2) offer enough compensation to BAL that makes it too good to give up.

    I'm not sure either happens.

    Maybe Lamar is on the road to trying to play out the tag and be one of the better QBs to hit UFA in their prime.
    He turned down 200 million guaranteed, that's the starting point for negotiations evidently, that's a steep price tag.

    Pappy


    The 2024 Pittsburgh Steeler draft

    1.20 - Troy Fautanu, T, Washington
    2.51 - Zach Frazier, C, West Virginia
    3.84 - Roman Wilson, WR, Michigan
    3.98 - Payton Wilson, LB, UNC
    4.119 - Mason McCprmick, OG, S. Dakota St
    7.178 - Logan Lee, DT, Iowa
    7.195 -

    "Football is a physical game, well, it used to be anyways" - Mel Blount


  10. #10
    Legend

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by papillon View Post
    He turned down 200 million guaranteed, that's the starting point for negotiations evidently, that's a steep price tag.

    Pappy
    I don't disagree with you.

    I think teams don't want to continue the president of guaranteed contracts without a change to the CBA that makes cap concessions if a guy with a guarantee gets cut (although even then they'd be out $$$, which is a big deal).

    Seems to me like Lamar has mostly decided that he wants to get to UFA. And I don't think that's an unreasonable thing to do. He's already earned generational wealth. At that point, it's not unreasonable to ask "why not swing for the fences?" IMO.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •