Page 8 of 17 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast
Results 71 to 80 of 169

Thread: OT: The real Lamar Jackson has requested a trade

  1. #71
    Legend

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by Mr.wizard View Post
    Yes makes my point, people buy and sell houses all the time without an agent, but what if the bank wouldnt deal with you or a seller wouldnt sell to you unless you had an agent. This is what is happening to Lamar, he is in a system where its done a certain way and everyone gets their money, he is trying to cut the agent out of the system and do something different.
    https://www.gobankingrates.com/net-w...contracts-did/

    Do most players really need agents? Probably not.

  2. #72
    Legend

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by hawaiiansteel View Post
    I don't necessarily disagree with anything you just said.

    but you're completely missing the point of what started this whole debate. as soon as Baltimore drafted Lamar Jackson, Steel Maniac predicted he was going to be a total bust and flop in the NFL and set the Ravens franchise back 5 years for selecting him. additionally, SM predicted the Browns' drafting Baker Mayfield would leapfrog them ahead of Baltimore in the standings.

    well, LJ won a NFL MVP award, has a .740 winning record, has led the Ravens to two AFC North titles and the Browns have yet to finish ahead of the Ravens since they drafted Mayfield.

    all it would take for everyone to just move on is for Steel Maniac to admit that he was wrong about Lamar being a total flop and bust in the NFL. however, since he has a complete inability to ever admit when he's wrong, he continues to move the goalposts from what he originally said.
    To be fair, all it would take is for you to just let it go. Everyone who read SM's original post on LJ knows he was wrong. And you and everyone else knows he will never admit being wrong. What he said completely discredited LJ's abilities. But at the same time, he may not be COMPLETELY wrong either. It's looking more and more like LJ has set the RATS back.

    I completely agree with what Pappy wrote. And at this point, I'm hoping that the RATS find a way to sign Lamar because I think it may actually be better for us if he stays with the RATS than if he leaves and gives the RATS some draft picks to get a better QB. Not a better, more exciting athlete, but potentially a better QB.

  3. #73
    Legend

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by Eich View Post
    To be fair, all it would take is for you to just let it go. Everyone who read SM's original post on LJ knows he was wrong. And you and everyone else knows he will never admit being wrong. What he said completely discredited LJ's abilities. But at the same time, he may not be COMPLETELY wrong either. It's looking more and more like LJ has set the RATS back.

    I completely agree with what Pappy wrote. And at this point, I'm hoping that the RATS find a way to sign Lamar because I think it may actually be better for us if he stays with the RATS than if he leaves and gives the RATS some draft picks to get a better QB. Not a better, more exciting athlete, but potentially a better QB.
    I agree. Sign him to that huge contract.
    they’re already losing pieces that they can’t afford by tagging him.
    I saw calais campbell win 2 games for them in the last 2 years by just blocking a couple of kicks.
    I love seeing a former 300+ nose tackle out in pass patterns

  4. #74
    Legend

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by Mr.wizard View Post
    Yes makes my point, people buy and sell houses all the time without an agent, but what if the bank wouldnt deal with you or a seller wouldnt sell to you unless you had an agent. This is what is happening to Lamar, he is in a system where its done a certain way and everyone gets their money, he is trying to cut the agent out of the system and do something different.
    we had an agent and after it was all said and done we wondered wtf did she do?

    We found the house, she just got the code to show us the inside.

    Then during negotiations she was sympathetic to the seller on some “they are already taking a loss” like that matter to me in a buyers market.

    and don’t get me started on banks making it difficult to sell and buy homes, there is a long and ugly history but that is another story.
    I lost a bet about Najee gaining 1300 yards.

    "Our head coach has failed to win a playoff game for seven years in a row. His game day strategy, culture of divas, in game decisions, clock management, player evaluation, hires, and affinity with sub par starters at RB, P, and OL are holding the Steelers back. That standard remains the standard"



  5. #75
    Legend

    User Info Menu

    This feels like Lev Bell all over…sorta.

  6. #76
    Legend

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by papillon View Post
    He turned down 200 million guaranteed, that's the starting point for negotiations evidently, that's a steep price tag.

    Pappy
    I don't disagree with you.

    I think teams don't want to continue the president of guaranteed contracts without a change to the CBA that makes cap concessions if a guy with a guarantee gets cut (although even then they'd be out $$$, which is a big deal).

    Seems to me like Lamar has mostly decided that he wants to get to UFA. And I don't think that's an unreasonable thing to do. He's already earned generational wealth. At that point, it's not unreasonable to ask "why not swing for the fences?" IMO.

  7. #77
    Legend

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by flippy View Post
    This feels like Lev Bell all over…sorta.
    Will be interesting if he actually sits out. And if he does, whether he comes back to get the accrued season.

  8. #78
    Legend

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by feltdizz View Post
    Kaepernick made a SB and was a play away from beating the Ravens.

    Jalen Hurts was just in a SB.

    You continue to make no sense on this topic of QB’s you have supposedly seen who “won nothing”
    But if they won, they wouldn't be "run first QBs" because "run first QBs" don't win.

    QED.

  9. #79
    Legend

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by NorthCoast View Post
    You can sell your house without a real estate agent but people still use 'em. Most people are lazy or don't want to deal with the details.
    I would imagine that not having an agent would make more sense for rookie deals (which are slotted with little negotiation) and for low end guys (who are probably mostly getting the minimum with little negotiation).

    But I'd imagine that a contract like whatever Lamar would get will be pretty complex. And having someone who's job it is to review contracts would be pretty beneficial.

    But, his contract will be enormous. So the payment to the agent will also be huge. Just found that NFL agent commissions are capped at 3%. I thought it was 10%. I wouldn't be surprised if an agent can deliver a couple of percent value on a complicated contract like this. Although, I'm also sure that the agent would be pushing Lamar to yield on the guaranteed contract and go for (1) higher pay and (2) higher payments earlier. Maybe he talked to a bunch of agents and didn't like their strategies?

  10. #80
    Legend

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by Northern_Blitz View Post
    I would imagine that not having an agent would make more sense for rookie deals (which are slotted with little negotiation) and for low end guys (who are probably mostly getting the minimum with little negotiation).

    But I'd imagine that a contract like whatever Lamar would get will be pretty complex. And having someone who's job it is to review contracts would be pretty beneficial.

    But, his contract will be enormous. So the payment to the agent will also be huge. Just found that NFL agent commissions are capped at 3%. I thought it was 10%. I wouldn't be surprised if an agent can deliver a couple of percent value on a complicated contract like this. Although, I'm also sure that the agent would be pushing Lamar to yield on the guaranteed contract and go for (1) higher pay and (2) higher payments earlier. Maybe he talked to a bunch of agents and didn't like their strategies?
    any contract over 200 mill is 6 mill for the agent.

    While its not a lot but n the grand scheme of things its 6 mill for his mom and/or his people.

    I think its simply bucking the system even though others have done it.. just not for numbers this high.

    I think part of this is teams don’t want players to know how the sausage is made.

    Sean Gilbert lives in Charlotte and repped his nephew Revis and a friend of mine who played with Gilbert and Ty Law in HS said the most empowering thing he ever heard was Sean Gilbert telling the franchise to send his 3% commission for X amount of dollars to his account.
    I lost a bet about Najee gaining 1300 yards.

    "Our head coach has failed to win a playoff game for seven years in a row. His game day strategy, culture of divas, in game decisions, clock management, player evaluation, hires, and affinity with sub par starters at RB, P, and OL are holding the Steelers back. That standard remains the standard"



Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •