X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • feltdizz
    Legend
    • May 2008

OT: The real Lamar Jackson has requested a trade

Lamar Jackson said Monday that he has requested a trade from the Ravens as the team "has not been interested in meeting my value" in contract talks.

The Baltimore one.. lol.
    Giants 10
    Steelers 31
  • papillon
    Legend
    • Mar 2008

They're going to end up with two first round picks, I believe someone will guarantee his entire contract. Why would the Ravens trade him? They're in line to either receive 2-1st round picks or having play at 32 million for one year. Plus, Lamar has to do his own negotiating which is probably a mistake on his part. OTOH, why would a team negotiate a trade that gives up more than 2-1st round picks when they could make him an offer and see if the Ravens match or not. It will be interesting to see what the league thinks about his ability to take a team into the playoffs and possibly a Super Bowl.

I am also beginning to come around to Steel Maniac's take on Lamar as a player. This year will be interesting.

Pappy
    sigpic

The 2024 Pittsburgh Steeler draft

1.20 - Troy Fautanu, T, Washington
    2.51 - Zach Frazier, C, West Virginia
    3.84 - Roman Wilson, WR, Michigan
    3.98 - Payton Wilson, LB, UNC
    4.119 - Mason McCprmick, OG, S. Dakota St
    7.178 - Logan Lee, DT, Iowa
    7.195 -

"Football is a physical game, well, it used to be anyways" - Mel Blount

Comment

• feltdizz
      Legend
      • May 2008

Internet is undefeated.

Giants 10
      Steelers 31

Comment

• crushedspirit
        Pro Bowler
        • Feb 2021

This guy really needs an agent more than anyone. The wording in his letter seems like it was written by a school kid to be honest.

Also, his current form shows he's not the 2019 MVP player he wants to be paid as. Teams pay for who you are and what they think you can be. He's been trending down since 2020.

Comment

• hawaiiansteel
          Legend
          • May 2008

Originally posted by papillon
          I am also beginning to come around to Steel Maniac's take on Lamar as a player.
          so you think Lamar Jackson is a total bust and flop in the NFL?

because that was Steel Maniac's prediction about Lamar that many of us have been disagreeing with.

everything else has just been him moving the goalposts since he's unable to ever admit he was wrong.
          Steel Maniac's Time-Based Prediction: Lamar Jackson will be a bust and total flop in the NFL.

What Actually Happened: Lamar Jackson became the youngest two-time NFL MVP winner ever.

Gloat gloat gloat

Boom........Knuckle up. Punk.

My IT guy...
          Hahahahahahaha

Comment

• feltdizz
            Legend
            • May 2008

They're going to end up with two first round picks, I believe someone will guarantee his entire contract. Why would the Ravens trade him? They're in line to either receive 2-1st round picks or having play at 32 million for one year. Plus, Lamar has to do his own negotiating which is probably a mistake on his part. OTOH, why would a team negotiate a trade that gives up more than 2-1st round picks when they could make him an offer and see if the Ravens match or not. It will be interesting to see what the league thinks about his ability to take a team into the playoffs and possibly a Super Bowl.

I am also beginning to come around to Steel Maniac's take on Lamar as a player. This year will be interesting.

Pappy
            I think he held out this year and wasn’t as injured as he led on.

as far as play, I think if a team gives up a few first round picks for him it’s the exact opposite of what you are believing. Teams aren’t trading for a player who isn’t any good.
            Giants 10
            Steelers 31

Comment

• whatever
              Legend
              • Sep 2019

Weird how many Lamar lovers on here were stating how awesome and elite he is but no team is willing give up those 1st rounders.
              Hell, his own team doesn’t believe he’s worth what he’s asking.
              How is it possible to have the best owner, best front office, best gm, best HC, good/great drafts every year and good FA acquisitions every year, but only have 3 playoff wins in 14 years?

Comment

• hawaiiansteel
                Legend
                • May 2008

Weird how some on here think that his own team doesn't want Lamar Jackson:

"Last September, a source told ESPN's Adam Schefter and Chris Mortensen that Jackson turned down an offer from Baltimore that included $133 million guaranteed at signing, $175 million guaranteed for injury and $200 million in total guarantees if he's on the roster on the fifth day of the 2026 league year.

The $200 million would rank second among all quarterbacks to Deshaun Watson (five years, $230 million guaranteed) and would surpass deals signed by Kyler Murray ($103.3 million guaranteed at signing) and Russell Wilson ($124 million guaranteed at signing) last year. Schefter and Mortensen reported in September that Jackson wants a fully guaranteed deal similar to Watson's."

Lamar Jackson said Monday that he has requested a trade from the Ravens as the team "has not been interested in meeting my value" in contract talks.
                Last edited by hawaiiansteel; 03-27-2023, 02:18 PM.
                Steel Maniac's Time-Based Prediction: Lamar Jackson will be a bust and total flop in the NFL.

What Actually Happened: Lamar Jackson became the youngest two-time NFL MVP winner ever.

Gloat gloat gloat

Boom........Knuckle up. Punk.

My IT guy...
                Hahahahahahaha

Comment

• feltdizz
                  Legend
                  • May 2008

Originally posted by whatever
                  Weird how many Lamar lovers on here were stating how awesome and elite he is but no team is willing give up those 1st rounders.
                  Hell, his own team doesn’t believe he’s worth what he’s asking.
                  no idea what was going on behind the scenes but this announcement was made publicly like 30 minutes ago.

its not like he had an agent looking for trade partners all this time.

he doesn’t have an agent.
                  Giants 10
                  Steelers 31

Comment

• whatever
                    Legend
                    • Sep 2019

Originally posted by feltdizz
                    no idea what was going on behind the scenes but this announcement was made publicly like 30 minutes ago.

its not like he had an agent looking for trade partners all this time.

he doesn’t have an agent.
                    Free agency has been going on for awhile tho.
                    How is it possible to have the best owner, best front office, best gm, best HC, good/great drafts every year and good FA acquisitions every year, but only have 3 playoff wins in 14 years?

Comment

• whatever
                      Legend
                      • Sep 2019

Weird how some don’t know the difference between 2022 and 2023

Comment

• feltdizz
                        Legend
                        • May 2008

Originally posted by whatever
                        Free agency has been going on for awhile tho.
                        yes, but not sure what that has to do with a trade. We also know he asked for one earlier this month and maybe they have no interest in trying to trade him.

Harbaugh still talks like something can get done but maybe this is wishful thinking.
                        Giants 10
                        Steelers 31

Comment

• whatever
                          Legend
                          • Sep 2019

Originally posted by feltdizz
                          yes, but not sure what that has to do with a trade. We also know he asked for one earlier this month and maybe they have no interest in trying to trade him.

Harbaugh still talks like something can get done but maybe this is wishful thinking.
                          Wasn’t Jackson available during FA?

Comment

• Northern_Blitz
                            Legend
                            • Dec 2008

Pappy
                            I think the reason for a team to do this would be because they actually want him at a reasonable contract.

I think Baltimore's hope is that another team makes Lamar a reasonable offer and then Baltimore matches. Then they get the player on a reasonable deal and the other team does the hard work of negotiating.

So to not have Baltimore match, the other team could (1) make an unreasonably high offer and live with the overpayment or (2) offer enough compensation to BAL that makes it too good to give up.

I'm not sure either happens.

Maybe Lamar is on the road to trying to play out the tag and be one of the better QBs to hit UFA in their prime.

Comment

• Northern_Blitz
                              Legend
                              • Dec 2008

Originally posted by crushedspirit
                              This guy really needs an agent more than anyone. The wording in his letter seems like it was written by a school kid to be honest.

Also, his current form shows he's not the 2019 MVP player he wants to be paid as. Teams pay for who you are and what they think you can be. He's been trending down since 2020.
                              If I'm in Lamar's camp, I keep pointing at Watson and saying "I've had more success than he has AND I've never been described by the commissioner as a sexual predator".

Comment

Working...