Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Spending In FA Does Not = Wins

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by whisper View Post
    Same record, but they not only won their div. and made the playoffs, they WON a playoff game. Bzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz. Wrong bucko. Bad example.
    So if the Steelers spent what JAX spent in FA and ended up with 9 wins would you say it was money well spent??

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by NorthCoast View Post
    So if the Steelers spent what JAX spent in FA and ended up with 9 wins would you say it was money well spent??
    The Jags were +6 in wins over the year before. So yeah, if the Steelers spent that much for no improvement in win total, that would be bad.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by WindyCitySteel View Post
    The Jags were +6 in wins over the year before. So yeah, if the Steelers spent that much for no improvement in win total, that would be bad.
    chances you would applaud winning 6+ games to improve to 9 wins are extremely low.
    I lost a bet about Najee gaining 1300 yards.

"Our head coach has failed to win a playoff game for seven years in a row. His game day strategy, culture of divas, in game decisions, clock management, player evaluation, hires, and affinity with sub par starters at RB, P, and OL are holding the Steelers back. That standard remains the standard"

Legend

User Info Menu

No...he would say Tomlin is the worst coach ever and we should fire him.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by feltdizz View Post
    chances you would applaud winning 6+ games to improve to 9 wins are extremely low.
    Imagine what this place would look like after a 3 win season...

I usually use this gif.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Lemming View Post
    I don’t entirely disagree with this. But I think the foundation has to be solid drafts. We have too many needs for adding a high dollar free agent to work because of poor drafts 2018-2020.

Bottom line, without drafting well you cannot contend depending on free agency to overcome bad drafts.

I think that in a year or two if we draft well, we CAN make a splash signing or two to put us over the top with a couple years on Kenny’s deal.

Did you criticize those 3 drafts after they were completed?
    How is it possible to have the best owner, best front office, best gm, best HC, good/great drafts every year and good FA acquisitions every year, but only have 3 playoff wins in 14 years?

Legend

User Info Menu

IF we only won a total of 3 games the season before and we not only won our division but also won a playoff game, hell yea. Boom, shalackalacka boom.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by feltdizz View Post
    Sorry, not true. Chances you and others would celebrate going from 9-7-1 to 9-8 as a monumental coaching accomplishment by Tomlin, however, are 100%.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by WindyCitySteel View Post
    Sorry, not true. Chances you and others would celebrate going from 9-7-1 to 9-8 as a monumental coaching accomplishment by Tomlin, however, are 100%.
    I thought you liked PFF for the context?

I also think celebrate is a strong word. Maybe thought it was reasonable and above expectations.

Jax is one year ahead of us in their rebuild. And I think everyone agrees they got a better QB than we did. They were coming off a 3 win season at this point in their rebuild.
    Last edited by Northern_Blitz; 03-30-2023 at 09:39 AM.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Northern_Blitz View Post
    I thought you liked PFF for the context?

I also think celebrate is a strong word. Maybe thought it was reasonable and above expectations.

Jax is one year ahead of us in their rebuild. And I think everyone agrees they got a better QB than we did. They were coming off a 3 win season at this point in their rebuild.
    Let's not get it twisted: The OP said spending FA $ does not = more wins. I gave a real life example of where Jax spent the most FA $ and also won 6 more games, won the div., AND won in the playoff as well, period, end of story, cannot be disputed or denied. In their case, spending more FA $ did = more wins. Period. That is all. That is a fact.