Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 12

Thread: OT The NFL to consider flexing Thurs night games late in the season

  1. #1
    Legend

    User Info Menu

    OT The NFL to consider flexing Thurs night games late in the season

    https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/n...23-per-report/

    I heard fans, coaches, and players will have approximately 15 days to get ready for the Thurs schedule flex.

    There are pros can cons. I think Thurs night games are a nightmare for players can coaches. Flexed games are a nightmare for fans that book tickets for hotels, flights, ect.

    Better matchups on Thurs nights for all fans. There are only a limited amount of good or great matchups every week. Not sure how the NFL overcomes this issue with the other networks. Apparently the other networks can protect certain games. The NFL cares more about the overall viewing audiences and big money partnerships than the fans that attend games.

  2. #2
    Legend

    User Info Menu

    I heard one player said they liked them, light week of practice, easy game plan, then a mini-bye.

    This would suck for fans with tickets, hard enough flexing afternoon to night.

  3. #3
    Legend

    User Info Menu

    Heard nfl radio say the PA would never let it pass

  4. #4
    Pro Bowler

    User Info Menu

    the NFL: We care about player safety!!! but not as much as we do about making $$$$$$

  5. #5
    Pro Bowler

    User Info Menu

    I dislike Thu night games overall. Leave games for Sundays and Monday nights.

  6. #6
    Legend

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by crushedspirit View Post
    I dislike Thu night games overall. Leave games for Sundays and Monday nights.
    I know they keep Saturdays off the schedule because of college games.

    but I don’t see why they can’t work in a prime time game there. 8 pm east coast time instead of Thursday nite.

    have the colleges schedule their games 1pm, 4pm/5pm

    then it’s just the west coast teams whose own fans barely care about (usc/ucla) home games

  7. #7
    Legend

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by crushedspirit View Post
    I dislike Thu night games overall. Leave games for Sundays and Monday nights.
    I don't usually stay up late enough to watch Thurs night games unless it's the Steelers. I might catch a quarter or two.

    The NFL isn't good enough must see tv to stay up late 3 times a week. I guess the ratings suggest otherwise?

  8. #8
    Pro Bowler

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by NJ-STEELER View Post
    I know they keep Saturdays off the schedule because of college games.

    but I don’t see why they can’t work in a prime time game there. 8 pm east coast time instead of Thursday nite.

    have the colleges schedule their games 1pm, 4pm/5pm

    then it’s just the west coast teams whose own fans barely care about (usc/ucla) home games
    I could go for that over a Thursday night matchup. Makes much more sense.

  9. #9
    Legend

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by NJ-STEELER View Post
    Heard nfl radio say the PA would never let it pass
    It will probably pass because Amazon is paying a billion per year to the NFL. Amazon wants good matchups on the schedule late in the season.

    Think about 1 billion per year for the right to broadcast one game per week.

  10. #10
    Legend

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by Blitzer View Post
    the NFL: We care about player safety!!! but not as much as we do about making $$$$$$
    Yep.

    I'd rather see the NFL quit the Thursday night games altogether

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •