Results 1 to 10 of 10

Thread: Back to the future

  1. #1
    Legend

    User Info Menu

    Back to the future

    https://steelersdepot.com/2023/03/st...winning-teams/

    This movement has all the marks of a Rooney push. Tomlin has never fully bought into the same concepts as the Rooneys. He's let the OL turn into rubbish TWICE on his watch, even to the point that GM Colbert apologized for not putting more resources into the OL in 2022. He's being forced to put a higher focus on bringing the OL up to par.
    And what about this quote from the article?

    Bob Pompeani
    @KDPomp
    ·
    Follow
    #Steelers have not beaten #Bears since Jerome Bettis ran over Brian Urlacher in 2005
    Ahhhh, no Bob. I distinctly recall Pgh beating the Bears just in 2021. Isn't Bob a Steeler regular?


  2. #2
    Legend

    User Info Menu

    My name is Captain Lemming:
    And I approve this message.




    In view of the fact that Mike Tomlin has matched Cowhers record I give him the designation:

    TCFCLTC-
    The Coach Formerly Considered Less Than Cowher

  3. #3
    Legend

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by whisper View Post
    https://steelersdepot.com/2023/03/st...winning-teams/

    This movement has all the marks of a Rooney push. Tomlin has never fully bought into the same concepts as the Rooneys. He's let the OL turn into rubbish TWICE on his watch, even to the point that GM Colbert apologized for not putting more resources into the OL in 2022. He's being forced to put a higher focus on bringing the OL up to par.
    And what about this quote from the article?



    Ahhhh, no Bob. I distinctly recall Pgh beating the Bears just in 2021. Isn't Bob a Steeler regular?

    Yes, again you skip the meat between the two slices of your bad oline sandwich.

    DURING THE ENTIRE SB ERA there has ONCE been a Steeler offensive line that has been considered the league’s best.

    Who was the head coach?

    https://www.pff.com/news/pro-the-pit...ne-of-the-year
    Last edited by Captain Lemming; 03-24-2023 at 12:28 PM.




    In view of the fact that Mike Tomlin has matched Cowhers record I give him the designation:

    TCFCLTC-
    The Coach Formerly Considered Less Than Cowher

  4. #4
    Legend

    User Info Menu

    LMAO at Colbert apologizing as the GM and somehow its all Tomlin’s fault.
    I lost a bet about Najee gaining 1300 yards.

    "Our head coach has failed to win a playoff game for seven years in a row. His game day strategy, culture of divas, in game decisions, clock management, player evaluation, hires, and affinity with sub par starters at RB, P, and OL are holding the Steelers back. That standard remains the standard"



  5. #5
    Legend

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by whisper View Post
    https://steelersdepot.com/2023/03/st...winning-teams/

    This movement has all the marks of a Rooney push. Tomlin has never fully bought into the same concepts as the Rooneys. He's let the OL turn into rubbish TWICE on his watch, even to the point that GM Colbert apologized for not putting more resources into the OL in 2022. He's being forced to put a higher focus on bringing the OL up to par.
    And what about this quote from the article?



    Ahhhh, no Bob. I distinctly recall Pgh beating the Bears just in 2021. Isn't Bob a Steeler regular?

    Did you check the date on that tweet?

    It was made on November 6th 2021.

    We beat the Bears on November 8th 2021.

    Sometimes you have to double check the info before ranting.
    I lost a bet about Najee gaining 1300 yards.

    "Our head coach has failed to win a playoff game for seven years in a row. His game day strategy, culture of divas, in game decisions, clock management, player evaluation, hires, and affinity with sub par starters at RB, P, and OL are holding the Steelers back. That standard remains the standard"



  6. #6
    Legend

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by feltdizz View Post
    LMAO at Colbert apologizing as the GM and somehow its all Tomlin’s fault.
    It ain’t Colberts fault.
    He tried to do that in 2004 and he knew he’d get shot down by a “Rooney” again.

    Maybe his frustration about having to pick a QB over a tackle YET AGAIN is why he finally quit.




    In view of the fact that Mike Tomlin has matched Cowhers record I give him the designation:

    TCFCLTC-
    The Coach Formerly Considered Less Than Cowher

  7. #7
    Legend

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by feltdizz View Post
    LMAO at Colbert apologizing as the GM and somehow its all Tomlin’s fault.
    The pathological obsession if to blame Tomlin for everything to include the rain
    "My team, may they always be right, but right or wrong...MY TEAM!"

  8. #8
    Legend

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by Oviedo View Post
    The pathological obsession if to blame Tomlin for everything to include the rain
    Yea, who is the head man? Mmmm, K. Just checking.

  9. #9
    Legend

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by feltdizz View Post


    Did you check the date on that tweet?

    It was made on November 6th 2021.

    We beat the Bears on November 8th 2021.

    Sometimes you have to double check the info before ranting.
    Then why include it? Misleading and inappropriate. Bzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz zzzzzz. El crappo unite!

  10. #10
    Legend

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by whisper View Post
    Then why include it? Misleading and inappropriate. Bzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz zzzzzz. El crappo unite!
    Probably because that was the year we win a SB with a smashmouth running game?
    I lost a bet about Najee gaining 1300 yards.

    "Our head coach has failed to win a playoff game for seven years in a row. His game day strategy, culture of divas, in game decisions, clock management, player evaluation, hires, and affinity with sub par starters at RB, P, and OL are holding the Steelers back. That standard remains the standard"



Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •