Results 1 to 9 of 9

Thread: Can't criticize Panther owner Tepper for not trying

  1. #1
    Legend

    User Info Menu

    Can't criticize Panther owner Tepper for not trying

    It appears their owner, Tepper, is personally going to attend every major QB prospect for the the 2023 NFL draft. Personally. So sink or swim, he is gonna be on-record as checking off the QB they choose. I admire the gonads on this guy to do that.

    He could leave it up to his "football people" and avoid criticism is the choice doesn't pan out. But instead he is personally attending all the top QB prospects' workouts. So there is no question he is in on the decision, if not paramount in the pick. I like the brass he is showing. No hiding behind others; taking the bull by the horns. Hey it might not work out, but he will deal with that if/when that happens.

    Rooney took credit for choosing Ben, after he was a known winner pick. Not quite the same thing.

    https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/nf...ontingent.html

  2. #2
    Legend

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by whisper View Post
    It appears their owner, Tepper, is personally going to attend every major QB prospect for the the 2023 NFL draft. Personally. So sink or swim, he is gonna be on-record as checking off the QB they choose. I admire the gonads on this guy to do that.

    He could leave it up to his "football people" and avoid criticism is the choice doesn't pan out. But instead he is personally attending all the top QB prospects' workouts. So there is no question he is in on the decision, if not paramount in the pick. I like the brass he is showing. No hiding behind others; taking the bull by the horns. Hey it might not work out, but he will deal with that if/when that happens.

    Rooney took credit for choosing Ben, after he was a known winner pick. Not quite the same thing.

    https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/nf...ontingent.html

    Sounds like the Jimmy Johnson approach...how has that worked out?
    "My team, may they always be right, but right or wrong...MY TEAM!"

  3. #3
    Legend

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by Oviedo View Post
    Sounds like the Jimmy Johnson approach...how has that worked out?

    id say jimmy Johnson approach did pretty well.

    or did you mean someone else ??
    Quote Originally Posted by feltdizz View Post
    Offense sucks.
    Quote Originally Posted by feltdizz View Post
    Ben is trash
    Quote Originally Posted by Steelhere10 View Post
    Bellicheat.
    Quote Originally Posted by Steelhere10 View Post
    Ben don't want to practice, be under center, do play action fakes or be patient with the running game.

  4. #4
    Legend

    User Info Menu

    As someone who lives in Charlotte the only thing Tepper gets credit for is moving up to finally draft a QB.

    The fans down here have been on his ass for hiding and not doing interviews after his first year when he was hanging out and tailgating this first season.

    Not hating but I don’t think an owner attending workouts is anything special. When Jerry does it people knock him for not trusting his people.
    Find my post for me and help me prove I’m Black


  5. #5
    Legend

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by NJ-STEELER View Post
    id say jimmy Johnson approach did pretty well.

    or did you mean someone else ??
    ...awaiting the edit...

    (psst, Ovi... Jerry Jones) BWAHAHA
    2013 MNF Executive Champion!

    2023 DRAFT DAY MOCK
    1. Joey Porter Jr, CB, PSU
    2a. Anton Harrison, OT, Oklahoma
    2b. John Michael Schmitz, C, Minnesota
    3. Keeanu Benton, NT, Wisconsin
    4. Clayton Tune, QB, Houston



  6. #6
    Legend

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by SteelerOfDeVille View Post
    ...awaiting the edit...

    (psst, Ovi... Jerry Jones) BWAHAHA
    I thought I was tripping.. but yeah, not sure why its impressive for the owner of a football team to go to some pro days.

    Now if he was running slants and catching post routes.. that would be impressive.
    Find my post for me and help me prove I’m Black


  7. #7
    Legend

    User Info Menu

    It appears Tepper didn't learn much from the Steelers in terms of building a winning culture.

  8. #8
    Legend

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by NJ-STEELER View Post
    id say jimmy Johnson approach did pretty well.

    or did you mean someone else ??
    Meant to type Jerry Jones
    "My team, may they always be right, but right or wrong...MY TEAM!"

  9. #9
    Legend

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by BURGH86STEEL View Post
    It appears Tepper didn't learn much from the Steelers in terms of building a winning culture.
    he made some aggressively bad moves early on.

    Firing Rivera

    Hiring the college coach

    Waving Cam - it was the way it was done

    Signing Darnold and giving him the 5th year when they didn’t have to.

    Teddy Bridgewater
    Baker Mayfield

    Moving up to get the number 1 pick is ballsy but they gave up A LOT.

    Who is this QB throwing to now that they gave up DJ Moore? Old man Theilen?

    Hopefully for the locals it works out well. They are frustrated.
    Find my post for me and help me prove I’m Black


Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •