Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 67

Thread: Edmunds sends Tweet thanking Steelers

  1. #21
    Legend

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by feltdizz View Post
    must bother you to see ovi isn’t the homer you claim him to be..
    sure seems that way...
    2013 MNF Executive Champion!




  2. #22
    Legend

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by whatever View Post
    How dare you disagree with the Steelers front office. Don’t you know that every move they make is correct.?
    You are a Debbie downer.
    You should root for another team.
    I think the Steelers know a little more than you do about this.
    Trust the process.
    The steeler way is the best way.
    Do you know how many other teams wish they could not resign him?

    the double-standard is the standard?
    2023 Mock Draft 2.0

    1) Darnell Wright, OT, Tennessee
    2) Deontae Banks, CB, Maryland
    2b) John Michael Schmitz, C, Minnesota
    3) Keeanu Benton, DL, Wisconsin
    4) Nick "Cutsie Bro" Herbig, LB, Wisconsin

  3. #23
    Hall of Famer

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by WindyCitySteel View Post
    He seems like a good guy. I wish him well. But as a first round pick, he was a disappointment. I had a third round game on him when he was drafted . He is not much better than Kazee who produces much more splash plays. We should NOT have a knee jerk reaction and waste a first or second round pick on a safety.
    The Steelers had a great draft in 2023. However better play calling / coaching is badly needed. Tomlin is 19-18-1 in last 38 games played and hasn't won a playoff game in six years and counting. Nor has hired anyone good to his coaching staff. Think about that. But Khan and Weidl appear to have better management on the salary cap and focused on the right free agents and draft needs.

  4. #24
    Hall of Famer

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by Ghost View Post
    Edmunds - 75 starts, five interceptions, no forced fumbles, and one fumble recovery.

    Kazee has 19 interceptions and seven forced fumbles in 53 career starts.

    Dependable but lack of turnovers and splash plays is why they didn't pick up his 5th year option and why they are letting him walk.
    Yep. Edumunds produced few Interceptions and does not make a forced fumbles or collect may lose balls. He is burned on one on one coverage too. Good thing the Steelers seldom ask him to do that. He won't be missed.
    The Steelers had a great draft in 2023. However better play calling / coaching is badly needed. Tomlin is 19-18-1 in last 38 games played and hasn't won a playoff game in six years and counting. Nor has hired anyone good to his coaching staff. Think about that. But Khan and Weidl appear to have better management on the salary cap and focused on the right free agents and draft needs.

  5. #25
    Legend

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by Joel Buchsbaum View Post
    Yep. Edumunds produced few Interceptions and does not make a forced fumbles or collect may lose balls. He is burned on one on one coverage too. Good thing the Steelers seldom ask him to do that. He won't be missed.
    Your entire analysis MO is doing a quick lookup of counting stats on profootballreference, or parroting combine measurements. This is why it's hard to take said analysis seriously.

  6. #26
    Legend

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by WindyCitySteel View Post
    Your entire analysis MO is doing a quick lookup of counting stats on profootballreference, or parroting combine measurements. This is why it's hard to take said analysis seriously.
    Best example -- if you looked at Ryan Clark's stats, he wouldn't appear to have been much of a player.

    But, when you hear Polamalu/Lebeau speak, your realize that RC was soo good a recognizing not only the plays, but TP's tendencies to go off script and cover his arse, that RC was critical because he allowed Troy to gamble while not leaving the defense completely vulnerable.

    Sometimes a guy's value is significantly higher than his statistics indicate; this will be the case if the team grabs a real NT as well. An NT's 35 tackles will have some saying that they don't see the value
    2013 MNF Executive Champion!




  7. #27
    Legend

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by SteelerOfDeVille View Post
    Best example -- if you looked at Ryan Clark's stats, he wouldn't appear to have been much of a player.

    But, when you hear Polamalu/Lebeau speak, your realize that RC was soo good a recognizing not only the plays, but TP's tendencies to go off script and cover his arse, that RC was critical because he allowed Troy to gamble while not leaving the defense completely vulnerable.

    Sometimes a guy's value is significantly higher than his statistics indicate; this will be the case if the team grabs a real NT as well. An NT's 35 tackles will have some saying that they don't see the value
    well, it also does the help when some of those people work hard to discount these players because they want a star at the position.
    Find my post for me and help me prove I’m Black


  8. #28
    Legend

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by feltdizz View Post
    well, it also does the help when some of those people work hard to discount these players because they want a star at the position.
    right - they make it seem like "improving the defense overall by allowing others to be better" is not a factor.

    I suspect Edmunds did a little of that for Minkah
    2013 MNF Executive Champion!




  9. #29
    Legend

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by SteelerOfDeVille View Post
    right - they make it seem like "improving the defense overall by allowing others to be better" is not a factor.

    I suspect Edmunds did a little of that for Minkah
    what stood out to me was the Buffalo game that he missed. Our pass D was carved up for huge plays. That first TD on 3rd and 11 inside their own 10 was a back breaker.
    Find my post for me and help me prove I’m Black


  10. #30
    Legend

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by SteelerOfDeVille View Post
    thing of it is, we keep saying how he's available, but that's so 2021... he missed game(s?) in 2022... i remember seeing him in street clothes running on the field to celebrate in the end zone (i think it caused a penalty)
    I distinctly remember missing him being on the field for 3rd & 10 on the first drive of the Bills game.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •