Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: They talking up Austin...

Legend

User Info Menu

They talking up Austin...

https://steelerswire.usatoday.com/20...ost_position=7

Me, I'm not so sure. He sure looks like he could be a "too small to play in NFL" candidate. Missing an entire year from a non-ligament tear doesn't help matters. And what were those odd quotes from Tomlin and Canada about "we don't know how to use him" both made when he appeared to be healthy?

Prove me wrong, Calvin. We sure could use another play maker out there.

Legend

User Info Menu

Yea, not sure why they drafted him if they have no clue.

Legend

User Info Menu

Sauce Gardiner says he was the toughest opponent to guard.

He was a 3rd rounder for a reason, so I'm willing to wait and see on him.

While I expect a cheap vet, I'm not so sure they jump in the draft unless things just fall right.

I actually expected Parris Campbell as he was the right age and price-range.

The way this FO is making impact pick ups, I wouldn't be surprised at a really solid, slightly past his prime vet... Jamison Crowder, Marvin Jones or even Jarvis Landry...
    2013 MNF Executive Champion!

DeVille's 2024 offseason motto: Throw KP into the deep end and let him sink or swim. If he sinks, draft a 1st round QB in 2025

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by SteelerOfDeVille View Post

While I expect a cheap vet, I'm not so sure they jump in the draft unless things just fall right.

I actually expected Parris Campbell as he was the right age and price-range.

The way this FO is making impact pick ups, I wouldn't be surprised at a really solid, slightly past his prime vet... Jamison Crowder, Marvin Jones or even Jarvis Landry...
    He was actually a 4th rounder. I wouldn't be surprised if you were right about adding a vet WR to the mix, though.

Legend

User Info Menu

I think we are going to draft another WR because you can never have too many WR’s in today’s NFL.
    I lost a bet about Najee gaining 1300 yards.

"Our head coach has failed to win a playoff game for seven years in a row. His game day strategy, culture of divas, in game decisions, clock management, player evaluation, hires, and affinity with sub par starters at RB, P, and OL are holding the Steelers back. That standard remains the standard"

Legend

User Info Menu

You sure you don't want just condemn him before he ever played a game? Seems like the preferred option
    "My team, may they always be right, but right or wrong...MY TEAM!"

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Oviedo View Post
    You sure you don't want just condemn him before he ever played a game? Seems like the preferred option
    He weighs a buck 60, missed all of his 1st season and you feel he's on the perfect projectory path? LMAO. It figures.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by feltdizz View Post
    I think we are going to draft another WR because you can never have too many WR’s in today’s NFL.
    I wouldn't be surprised.. like if all the OT, CB are gone, Addison wouldn't be a shocker.

But, there's too much meat on the bone at positions of need in the middle rounds (DL, ILB, EDGE, OT, CB)... hard to prioritize it above some of those positions in my mind... it would have to be good value

DeVille's 2024 offseason motto: Throw KP into the deep end and let him sink or swim. If he sinks, draft a 1st round QB in 2025

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by whisper View Post
    He weighs a buck 60, missed all of his 1st season and you feel he's on the perfect projectory path? LMAO. It figures.
    He had an injury. That happens in football sometimes. Surprised you've never noticed that

Legend

User Info Menu

He had an injury. That happens in football sometimes. Surprised you've never noticed that
    Right? How well did Etienne play his rookie year?

Oh wait… he didn’t.
    I lost a bet about Najee gaining 1300 yards.

"Our head coach has failed to win a playoff game for seven years in a row. His game day strategy, culture of divas, in game decisions, clock management, player evaluation, hires, and affinity with sub par starters at RB, P, and OL are holding the Steelers back. That standard remains the standard"