Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 61

Thread: James Pierre coming back

  1. #21
    Legend

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by hawaiiansteel View Post
    no, what you did say was that you saw James Pierre starting a game during a year where he never was a starter for one single game.

    when called out on it to tell us which game and against which team it was, you have gone silent instead of just admitting you were wrong.

    people might respect you more if you would just admit when you were mistaken, instead of doubling down and embarrassing yourself further.
    Dude, in one game I saw him on the field during the first defensive snap of the game with my own eyes. I call that a starter. No one has the film to say it didn't happen. Do you have the team we are playing against? It was an early game. Again the burden is on you to disprove what I said. I do not care what some website says who stated game X, my point is he was on the field when we opened the game. It crystal clear that you aren't going to do the work here and are saying things I didn't exactly say.

    I consider the issue which you 1 ) can't seem to let go 2 ) won't prove and 3) Are twisting around what I said to be closed. Pierre has been re-signed.
    Tomlin hasn't won a playoff game in seven years and counting. The earliest will be eight years. Art Rooney II, get a new head coach.

    Current mock draft as of 3-18-24

    1. QB Nix
    2. C Fraizer
    3. OT Fisher
    3B. DL Smith
    4. S Bullock
    6. WR Pickney
    6. CB Newton

  2. #22
    Legend

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by Joel Buchsbaum View Post
    Dude, in one game I saw him on the field during the first defensive snap of the game with my own eyes. I call that a starter. No one has the film to say it didn't happen. Do you have the team we are playing against? It was an early game. Again the burden is on you to disprove what I said. I do not care what some website says who stated game X, my point is he was on the field when we opened the game. It crystal clear that you aren't going to do the work here and are saying things I didn't exactly say.

    I consider the issue which you 1 ) can't seem to let go 2 ) won't prove and 3) Are twisting around what I said to be closed. Pierre has been re-signed.
    that isn't how it works. If you claim you saw something you should easily be able to site the game. There are 17 of them. It's not that hard.

    One thing I learned is when someone online claims something and then demands someone else do the research its' simply because that proof doesn't exist.

    The burden is on you.. but since you aren't confident you choose to deflect instead of simply admitting you made a mistake.
    I lost a bet about Najee gaining 1300 yards.

    "Our head coach has failed to win a playoff game for seven years in a row. His game day strategy, culture of divas, in game decisions, clock management, player evaluation, hires, and affinity with sub par starters at RB, P, and OL are holding the Steelers back. That standard remains the standard"



  3. #23
    Legend

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by feltdizz View Post
    that isn't how it works. If you claim you saw something you should easily be able to site the game. There are 17 of them. It's not that hard.

    One thing I learned is when someone online claims something and then demands someone else do the research its' simply because that proof doesn't exist.

    The burden is on you.. but since you aren't confident you choose to deflect instead of simply admitting you made a mistake.
    No, if you disagree with a point I made the ONUS is on you to disprove it. That is how it works. You have lied about me before, and misquoted me. I do not have the games tapes to prove it. If you say I didn't see Pierre on the field in our first defensive snap that's okay. I did and consider that a starter. I have said all there is to say on the minor point, and you are only interested it in for your own narrow trolling reasons. Be honest on that point. Again if anyone has the game tapes they can check and will verify the Pierre was on the field for the first defense snap, just like I said.

    Now can we end this? Free agency is here and the draft is coming up. Pierre was re-signed by the Steelers.

    END
    Tomlin hasn't won a playoff game in seven years and counting. The earliest will be eight years. Art Rooney II, get a new head coach.

    Current mock draft as of 3-18-24

    1. QB Nix
    2. C Fraizer
    3. OT Fisher
    3B. DL Smith
    4. S Bullock
    6. WR Pickney
    6. CB Newton

  4. #24
    Legend

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by Joel Buchsbaum View Post
    No, if you disagree with a point I made the ONUS is on you to disprove it. That is how it works. You have lied about me before, and misquoted me. I do not have the games tapes to prove it. If you say I didn't see Pierre on the field in our first defensive snap that's okay. I did and consider that a starter. I have said all there is to say on the minor point, and you are only interested it in for your own narrow trolling reasons. Be honest on that point. Again if anyone has the game tapes they can check and will verify the Pierre was on the field for the first defense snap, just like I said.

    Now can we end this? Free agency is here and the draft is coming up. Pierre was re-signed by the Steelers.

    END
    Countless people already provided evidence and refuted your statement in the Pierre thread you started.

    Your response is “I don’t care what the stats say, I saw it.. prove me wrong”

    its a silly thing to hold onto which is why you continue to get joked about it.

    If you can’t admit a mistake it says a lot about your character or lack thereof.
    Last edited by feltdizz; 03-23-2023 at 09:59 AM.
    I lost a bet about Najee gaining 1300 yards.

    "Our head coach has failed to win a playoff game for seven years in a row. His game day strategy, culture of divas, in game decisions, clock management, player evaluation, hires, and affinity with sub par starters at RB, P, and OL are holding the Steelers back. That standard remains the standard"



  5. #25
    Legend

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by feltdizz View Post
    I was close.. Steelers offered him 5/70Mill. He turned it down like a dummy. I know he wanted the guaranteed money and I didn’t blame him but the year off hurt.

    Now, I did debate his talents to no end while he was holding out. Once he came back and never reached his earlier potential I conceded that he was toast.

    Its not hard at all to admit when I’m wrong when the proof is there.

    But we do have others who refuse to admit the obvious even when its right in front of them.

    also, our running game went in the crapper without him over the next 4 to 5 years
    Hmmm, I don’t remember you saying bell was toast.
    I thought it was the jets that didn’t know how to use him, or was it the chiefs, or was it both?
    Or Like blaming Ben for brown’s actions?
    How is it possible to have the best owner, best front office, best gm, best HC, good/great drafts every year and good FA acquisitions every year, but only have 3 playoff wins in 14 years?

  6. #26
    Legend

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by whatever View Post
    Hmmm, I don’t remember you saying bell was toast.
    I thought it was the jets that didn’t know how to use him, or was it the chiefs, or was it both?
    Or Like blaming Ben for brown’s actions?
    just because you don’t remember it doesn’t mean it didn’t happen.

    but I do remember every time I bring up the DJ drafted thread to show actual reactions that were the exact opposite of which you claim you disappear from the thread.
    Last edited by feltdizz; 03-23-2023 at 12:36 PM.
    I lost a bet about Najee gaining 1300 yards.

    "Our head coach has failed to win a playoff game for seven years in a row. His game day strategy, culture of divas, in game decisions, clock management, player evaluation, hires, and affinity with sub par starters at RB, P, and OL are holding the Steelers back. That standard remains the standard"



  7. #27
    Legend

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by Joel Buchsbaum View Post
    No, if you disagree with a point I made the ONUS is on you to disprove it. That is how it works. You have lied about me before, and misquoted me. I do not have the games tapes to prove it. If you say I didn't see Pierre on the field in our first defensive snap that's okay. I did and consider that a starter. I have said all there is to say on the minor point, and you are only interested it in for your own narrow trolling reasons. Be honest on that point. Again if anyone has the game tapes they can check and will verify the Pierre was on the field for the first defense snap, just like I said.

    Now can we end this? Free agency is here and the draft is coming up. Pierre was re-signed by the Steelers.

    END
    No no just no! You made a claim so the onus is on you to back it up, it is called the burden of proof. Not only did you make a claim, you made a claim that is at odds with all of the available evidence.

  8. #28
    Legend

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by Mr.wizard View Post
    No no just no! You made a claim so the onus is on you to back it up, it is called the burden of proof. Not only did you make a claim, you made a claim that is at odds with all of the available evidence.
    “Do your own research” is a common response when people don’t have the evidence to support their “fact”

    Why would someone stubbornly insist something is true but not offer up the evidence to support it to prove they are right?

    The answer is because they don’t have the evidence.

    Imagine me saying I saw Lynn Swann catch a TD pass last year. I know I seen it. It may not be in the stats but YOU have to dig through the film to prove me wrong.

    everyone: which game?
    Joel: one of them.. look at all
    of them and prove me wrong.
    I lost a bet about Najee gaining 1300 yards.

    "Our head coach has failed to win a playoff game for seven years in a row. His game day strategy, culture of divas, in game decisions, clock management, player evaluation, hires, and affinity with sub par starters at RB, P, and OL are holding the Steelers back. That standard remains the standard"



  9. #29
    Legend

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by feltdizz View Post
    just because you don’t remember it doesn’t mean it didn’t happen.

    but I do remember every time I bring up the DJ drafted thread to show actual reactions that were the exact opposite of which you claim you disappear from the thread.

    Well, I’d think it would be easy for you to find your post saying he was toast.
    I’d be happy to admit I was wrong.
    Of course this has to be when I was telling you he wasn’t worth it, not 2 or 3 years later
    Last edited by whatever; 03-23-2023 at 02:11 PM.
    How is it possible to have the best owner, best front office, best gm, best HC, good/great drafts every year and good FA acquisitions every year, but only have 3 playoff wins in 14 years?

  10. #30
    Legend

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by whatever View Post
    Well, I’d think it would be easy for you to find your post saying he was toast.
    I’d be happy to admit I was wrong.
    Of course this has to be when I was telling you he wasn’t worth it, not 2 or 3 years later
    why would I say he was toast when I didn’t believe he was toast?

    That doesn’t make much sense.

    It was during his time in KC when it was obvious to me he wasn’t ever returning to form.
    I lost a bet about Najee gaining 1300 yards.

    "Our head coach has failed to win a playoff game for seven years in a row. His game day strategy, culture of divas, in game decisions, clock management, player evaluation, hires, and affinity with sub par starters at RB, P, and OL are holding the Steelers back. That standard remains the standard"



Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •