• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Steel Maniac
    Banned
    • Apr 2017

Think about the excitement

Imagine this…

The draft is structured where only the first round is done on that Thursday nite.

So on Friday, we are the first team to make a pick. Can you imagine all the excitement in this room if guys like Darnel Wright or Bryan Breese are still on the board when the second round starts Friday? This place is going to be popping after round one!
  • whisper
    Legend
    • Mar 2020

Originally posted by Steel Maniac
    Imagine this…

The draft is structured where only the first round is done on that Thursday nite.

So on Friday, we are the first team to make a pick. Can you imagine all the excitement in this room if guys like Darnel Wright or Bryan Breese are still on the board when the second round starts Friday? This place is going to be popping after round one!
    All Combine and Draft-Related Analysis, News, Video, and Biographical Information for Darnell Wright

I don't know, I'm hoping for a better OT prospect than Wright from this draft. I am hoping a top 3 LT sneaks down to us. Wright sounds just OK as a RT prospect. That would mean Chuks goes to LT, not feeling great about that, he would become our #1 protector of KP. Not feeling so secure about that. I'd even take a Broderick Jones in the 1st over Wright at 32. (Although his description of being "stiff" doesn't bode well).

Comment

• Blitzer
      Pro Bowler
      • Nov 2022

I am hoping several players are there that they want. Hopefully trade back a bit and still get who they want

Comment

• Steel Maniac
        Banned
        • Apr 2017

Originally posted by Blitzer
        I am hoping several players are there that they want. Hopefully trade back a bit and still get who they want
        That would be amazing.

Comment

• Steel Maniac
          Banned
          • Apr 2017

Originally posted by whisper
          https://www.nfl.com/prospects/darnel...c-bcc7afd9f5d5

I don't know, I'm hoping for a better OT prospect than Wright from this draft. I am hoping a top 3 LT sneaks down to us. Wright sounds just OK as a RT prospect. That would mean Chuks goes to LT, not feeling great about that, he would become our #1 protector of KP. Not feeling so secure about that. I'd even take a Broderick Jones in the 1st over Wright at 32. (Although his description of being "stiff" doesn't bode well).
          Jones is my preference ; I’m not opposed to Torrance either. I just used Wright as an example.

But we are going to get offers for that pick. Teams will have a whole nite to think .. plot and plan on what to offer us ; as we get to listen to a whole nites worth of offers from teams for that pick.

Gotta be pumped about that.

Comment

• whisper
            Legend
            • Mar 2020

Originally posted by Steel Maniac
            Jones is my preference ; I’m not opposed to Torrance either. I just used Wright as an example.

But we are going to get offers for that pick. Teams will have a whole nite to think .. plot and plan on what to offer us ; as we get to listen to a whole nites worth of offers from teams for that pick.

Gotta be pumped about that.
            Agreed, thanks Chicago! Welcome to Claypool. He's a top 3 WR in the NFL.

Comment

Working...