Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Steelers sign G Seumalo

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Steelers sign G Seumalo

Good signing. He bounced back after two injury plagued seasons and played good last season for the Eagles.

I'm hearing 3 yrs/36 mil

Probably moving Dotson out on the left

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by crushedspirit View Post
    Good signing. He bounced back after two injury plagued seasons and played good last season for the Eagles.

I'm hearing 3 yrs/36 mil

Like it A LOT.

In view of the fact that Mike Tomlin has matched Cowhers record I give him the designation:

TCFCLTC-
    The Coach Formerly Considered Less Than Cowher

Legend

User Info Menu

If he's truly past his injury problems, really good signing.

Legend

User Info Menu

Started all 20 games for the Eagles last season and only allowed one sack. Dominant run blocker.

Khan and Weidl working late night!

Legend

User Info Menu

Wow. Nice

wasn’t expecting this. Solid signing.
    after perusing Orlando and now this the FO means business

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by SteelBucks View Post
    Started all 20 games for the Eagles last season and only allowed one sack. Dominant run blocker.

Khan and Weidl working late night!
    Quick to get set in pass pro with balanced wide base and good hand punch. Played RG in 22. Only 29 so in his prime right now.

Legend

User Info Menu

I like that we'll have legit depth no matter how the ol position battles work out

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Northern_Blitz View Post
    I like that we'll have legit depth no matter how the ol position battles work out
    Daniels,Dotson, Herbig n now Seumalo should be a heated competition to watch. Depth for sure.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by crushedspirit View Post

I'm hearing 3 yrs/36 mil

Dotson is being moved to Left OUT. Daniels deal need to be re-done or even cut as he is costing the Steelers 11.61 million on the salary cap next year. We can save 5.3 M on the cap if he is cut, and go with X-Eagles guards.

Seumalo and Herbig > Daniels and Dotson.
    Tomlin hasn't won a playoff game in seven years and counting. The earliest will be eight years. Art Rooney II, get a new head coach.

Current mock draft as of 3-18-24

1. QB Nix
    2. C Fraizer
    3. OT Fisher
    3B. DL Smith
    4. S Bullock
    6. WR Pickney
    6. CB Newton

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Iron City Inc. View Post
    Daniels,Dotson, Herbig n now Seumalo should be a heated competition to watch. Depth for sure.
    It doesn't get the hype of huge signings, but part of the "what are we doing with the free cap space from Ben coming off the books" has been "depth".

We all know that OL depth was terrible last season. Looks like it's something we are trying to fix.

Before this signing, I though we were still likely to take an OG in the first 2 rounds. Now, I'm not sure. Maybe T or C is more likely than G?