Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Steelers sign G Seumalo

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Northern_Blitz View Post
    It doesn't get the hype of huge signings, but part of the "what are we doing with the free cap space from Ben coming off the books" has been "depth".

We all know that OL depth was terrible last season. Looks like it's something we are trying to fix.

Before this signing, I though we were still likely to take an OG in the first 2 rounds. Now, I'm not sure. Maybe T or C is more likely than G?
    I would say the odds on the steeler selecting a tackle in the 2023 NFL draft with our first three picks are 90%.
    The Steelers had a great draft in 2023. However better play calling / coaching is badly needed. Tomlin is hasn't won a playoff game in six years and counting. Nor has hired anyone good to his coaching staff. Think about that. Mike Tomlin says, " hell yeah we've got to make some changes. " We are waiting. But Khan and Weidl appear to have better management on the salary cap and focused on the right free agents and draft needs.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Northern_Blitz View Post
    It doesn't get the hype of huge signings, but part of the "what are we doing with the free cap space from Ben coming off the books" has been "depth".

We all know that OL depth was terrible last season. Looks like it's something we are trying to fix.

Before this signing, I though we were still likely to take an OG in the first 2 rounds. Now, I'm not sure. Maybe T or C is more likely than G?
    Yes the depth and the starters in many cases were poor or overpaid. The Steelers have 11.28 million in cap " dead money " and we pissed away draft picks for players we cut next year. This stinks.

At least we appear to have better cap management this year. This is not so say I am sold on Khan being the GM. Let's see who he drafts and how the players pan out.
    The Steelers had a great draft in 2023. However better play calling / coaching is badly needed. Tomlin is hasn't won a playoff game in six years and counting. Nor has hired anyone good to his coaching staff. Think about that. Mike Tomlin says, " hell yeah we've got to make some changes. " We are waiting. But Khan and Weidl appear to have better management on the salary cap and focused on the right free agents and draft needs.

Legend

User Info Menu

This is the Weidl effect 100%. I mean, first Herbig, then Holcomb, now Seumao. All players he is familiar with from the NFC. You simply cannot complain about the Steelers giving OL attention it needed.

Steelers becoming Eagles West.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Joel Buchsbaum View Post
    Yes the depth and the starters in many cases were poor or overpaid. The Steelers have 11.28 million in cap " dead money " and we pissed away draft picks for players we cut next year. This stinks.

At least we appear to have better cap management this year. This is not so say I am sold on Khan being the GM. Let's see who he drafts and how the players pan out.
    You're welcome to your opinion but not every starter was 'poor' or 'overpaid'.

[url=https://flic.kr/p/2onYuvP][/url][url=https://flic.kr/p/2onYuvP]capture1[/url] by [url=https://www.flickr.com/photos/191750946@N04/]R W[/url], on Flickr

Starter

User Info Menu

Ooh baby! I like this one.

Daniels, Seumalo, and Herbig have all played at both guard spots in the NFL. Daniels was a C in college, I wonder if this puts him in the mix there.

I'm seeing some wicked training camp battles lining up up. Basically have 6 guys (Daniels, Seumalo, Herbig, Cole, Dotson, Green) for 4 spots. If they were to add say, John Michael Schmitz to that mix it could get real interesting. Dotson and Green are certainly on the outside looking in at this point.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by NorthCoast View Post
    You're welcome to your opinion but not every starter was 'poor' or 'overpaid'.
    Same PFF graded him at 66.9, five points down from his 2021 season, 2.5 lower than the much-maligned Trai Turner's 2021 grade for the Steelers.

Is that what you thought you paid for?

Legend

User Info Menu

Will the complaining about ignoring the OL continue? This is a solid move.

Doing what they do...position themselves for max flexibility in the draft

I could now actually see a WR at #17 or #32, but still think CB, DL and ILB biggest needs
    "My team, may they always be right, but right or wrong...MY TEAM!"

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by NorthCoast View Post
    This is the Weidl effect 100%. I mean, first Herbig, then Holcomb, now Seumao. All players he is familiar with from the NFC. You simply cannot complain about the Steelers giving OL attention it needed.

Steelers becoming Eagles West.
    I said before that Weidl may be our very best off season move

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Iron City Inc. View Post
    Daniels,Dotson, Herbig n now Seumalo should be a heated competition to watch. Depth for sure.
    Is Dotson really even an option????

Worse player on the OL last year

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

I'll give management credit for trying to improve the OL. Of course we'll have too see how it works out. If we can draft an OT with the first pick, and C John Michael Schmitz with the second we could one of the best o-lines in the NFL. Adios to both Dotson and Green.

Sumo, welcome to the Steel City.