Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: Finally changing course on NT

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by hawaiiansteel View Post
    Mike Tomllin met with Mazi Smith twice during Michigan's pro day week. - Tony Pauline, Pro Football Network

The Steelers really need some defensive line help, so perhaps they'll be targeting Smith atop the second round.

https://walterfootball.com/nflrumors

I saw some projecting Smith in Round 1.

I would love to see him in Black and Gold
    "My team, may they always be right, but right or wrong...MY TEAM!"

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by hawaiiansteel View Post
    Mike Tomllin met with Mazi Smith twice during Michigan's pro day week. - Tony Pauline, Pro Football Network

The Steelers really need some defensive line help, so perhaps they'll be targeting Smith atop the second round.

https://walterfootball.com/nflrumors
    leave those Michigan defenders alone!!!
    I lost a bet about Najee gaining 1300 yards.

"Our head coach has failed to win a playoff game for seven years in a row. His game day strategy, culture of divas, in game decisions, clock management, player evaluation, hires, and affinity with sub par starters at RB, P, and OL are holding the Steelers back. That standard remains the standard"

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by feltdizz View Post
    leave those Michigan defenders alone!!!
    this one, I'd take...

Let's be honest, as a worst case... if they they came away with the top 2 picks as Dawand Jones & Mazi Smith would you really complain with them addressing needs, even if you disagree with the players
    Last edited by SteelerOfDeVille; 03-23-2023 at 06:28 PM.
    2013 MNF Executive Champion!

DeVille's 2024 offseason motto: Throw KP into the deep end and let him sink or swim. If he sinks, draft a 1st round QB in 2025

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by SteelerOfDeVille View Post
    this one, I'd take...

Let's be honest, as a worst case... if they they came away with the top 2 picks as Dawand Jones & Mazi Smith would you really complain with them addressing needs, even if you disagree with the players
    I'd big time complain. They dont need a 1st round OT. Roethlisberger even said it on his latest podcast. The Steelers really like Okorafor and Moore at OT.
    6- Time Super Bowl Champions......
    IX X XIII XIV XL XLIII

2012 MNF Executive Champion

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by pfelix73 View Post
    I'd big time complain. They dont need a 1st round OT. Roethlisberger even said it on his latest podcast. The Steelers really like Okorafor and Moore at OT.
    I only seen the headline Ben likes Moore? I also do at this point. But I believe if a blue chip LT is there he would probably be taken. I also believe with the draft visits that they think and grade some of the RT’s as blue chip and would like to take one to replace Okorafor. Why not take a blue chip RT in the 1st? Since I believe Okorafor is upgradable and his contract is up next offseason.

I dont think Smith is a Tuitt like talent, but I could be 100% wrong. But I have no problem with those guys 1.17 and 1.32. Would I rather a CB fall or be the pick yes. But maybe Pat Pete really has no bearing how a 1st or 2nd rd CB turns out. Even though I would like to believe that would help. And think they need a shut down CB in the pipe line. Heck if they could move back and get extra picks I would actually take a second CB to have in the pipe line. I like a defense to have 1 great CB,safety,OLB, DE/DT, ILB. LOL

Banned

User Info Menu

That's one thing I"m really looking forward to from this draft: We get to finally see what the front office really thinks of the O-line. If they go OT in the first round, that pretty much says what they think compared to what the fan base thinks.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Oviedo View Post
    I saw some projecting Smith in Round 1.

I would love to see him in Black and Gold
    me too, but not in Round 1.
    Steel Maniac's Time-Based Prediction: Lamar Jackson will be a bust and total flop in the NFL.

What Actually Happened: Lamar Jackson became the youngest two-time NFL MVP winner ever.

Gloat gloat gloat

Legend

User Info Menu

The mock from Charles Davis (just posted on another thread) had mazi going at # 30.

I know they are losing many players. But they just drafted carter pretty high last year

Legend

User Info Menu

Ben also said that Green was going to be a great guard.

These are guys he played with and he loves his OL-men.

I'd take his comments with a grain of salt.

Legend

User Info Menu

Lol, Ben got rid of the ball in 0.2 seconds his last season. They certainly do need a top pick at tackle, whether they take one is another story.