Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Finally changing course on NT

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by pfelix73 View Post
    Let’s not put Green out to pasture just yet…… I value what Ben says, because he was on the inside. Where as we aren’t/ werent
    Green didn't even dress all year, and not from an injury. And this is when LG was a hot mess, and yet he didn't even dress for a game. I'm thinking he's toast. Plus the added two OGs in FA.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by WindyCitySteel View Post
    He should consider dropping weight and playing FB like that monster on the Ravens.
    I’ve been saying the same thing. He has the athleticism and while he is not a powerful center I really think he might be an incredible blocker by fullback standards.

In view of the fact that Mike Tomlin has matched Cowhers record I give him the designation:

TCFCLTC-
    The Coach Formerly Considered Less Than Cowher

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Lemming View Post
    I’ve been saying the same thing. He has the athleticism and while he is not a powerful center I really think he might be an incredible blocker by fullback standards.
    From taking an OG and going to C, back to OG, and then to FB? Why not? Might as well. We got Heyward's little brother trying to play TE at 5' and some change. The only player under 6' trying to play TE in the NFL. But he's brothers with a current player! No rules apply.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Buzz View Post

Need more of a Javon Hargrave type, IMO
    I would take Mazi or Benton
    Benton should be on the board in round three, maybe until out pick in round four. He is a good run defender who offers little vs the pass. A rotational player in a 4 man front. Not the ideal three down lineman.
    Tomlin hasn't won a playoff game in seven years and counting. The earliest will be eight years. I guess that in Art Rooney's II, opinion is worth a 3 year extension.

Our 2024 draft looks to be grade A. Our 2023 draft is an A. The roster is talented, but Mike Tomlin is still the head coach.

*** Mike Tomlin is the best coach since the AFL- NFL merger that has not won a playoff game in 8 seasons or more. It's either him or Lewis. ***

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Lemming View Post
    Here is the reality.
    YES, we need to score more to beat a top QB in the conference. But we CANT beat KC unless our DEFENSE is FAR superior and our run game is better than theirs because Kenny ain’t Mahommes. We need to forget the dream we are gonna beat them at THEIR game.

We cannot win scoring 19 points true.
    But average 26 with balance (not saying 3 yards and a cloud of dirt) with a superior run game and defense is what will let us compete.

I like Kenny. But if BOTH TEAMS play KCs game, my money ain’t on Kenny.
    The AFC is loaded with good young QB's! Forget Mahomes, Kenny is a notch below Burrow, Allen, Herbert, and Lawrence. We need to change QB 's and get a better RB for the offense.
    Tomlin hasn't won a playoff game in seven years and counting. The earliest will be eight years. I guess that in Art Rooney's II, opinion is worth a 3 year extension.

Our 2024 draft looks to be grade A. Our 2023 draft is an A. The roster is talented, but Mike Tomlin is still the head coach.

*** Mike Tomlin is the best coach since the AFL- NFL merger that has not won a playoff game in 8 seasons or more. It's either him or Lewis. ***

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Joel Buchsbaum View Post
    The AFC is loaded with good young QB's! Forget Mahomes, Kenny is a notch below Burrow, Allen, Herbert, and Lawrence. We need to change QB 's and get a better RB for the offense.
    Let's also change the entire OL, the TE, and the WR room too. Also the FB.

I get that draft time is fun because there will be new presents under the tree.

But you don't get to replace every position every year.

And replacing 1st round picks 1 or 2 years into their contracts is how you run your franchise into the ground IMO.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Joel Buchsbaum View Post
    I put him ahead of Lawrence... but, point still taken. Lawrence just seemed a nervous mess and the team won in spite of him
    2013 MNF Executive Champion!

DeVille's final Mock
    1.20 - Tailiese Fuaga, OT, Oregon St
    2.51 - Zach Frazier, C, WVU
    3.84 - Luke Mccaffery, WR, Rice
    3.98 - Andru Phillips, CB, Kentucky
    4.117 - Maason Smith, DT, LSU
    6.178 - Travis Glover, OT, Ga State
    6.195 - Dillon Johnson, RB, Washington

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by SteelerOfDeVille View Post
    I put him ahead of Lawrence... but, point still taken. Lawrence just seemed a nervous mess and the team won in spite of him
    My IT guy said you and Dizz post from the same computer. Clearly you are one and the same.

In view of the fact that Mike Tomlin has matched Cowhers record I give him the designation:

TCFCLTC-
    The Coach Formerly Considered Less Than Cowher

Legend

User Info Menu

I agree on the need for greater run-stoppers on the DL, be it a Casey Hampton clone or an Aaron Smith style. Regardless- watching the Browns run over us every year is painful. Yes- there are good QB's in the division & Conference. This does not mean we are not run on at will. Take AWAY the run, and those mobile ILB's we keep trying to draft, that get run over, get to be more pass defence orientated.

Steelers need better run defence. Make the opposition rely on the passing game. Makes Watt & Highsmith even more valuable & effective.
    The people that are trying to make the world worse never take a day off, why should I?

Light up the darkness.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by SteelerOfDeVille View Post
    His comeback vs. Dallas and vs. LAC in the playoffs he sure didn't appear "nervous." If Kenny pulls off games like that I'll be impressed.