Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: ILB Cole Holcomb signing with Steelers

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Steel Maniac View Post
    Northern _Blitz , dude …

Did I say it or did Buzz say it? Thanks.
    Quote Originally Posted by Northern_Blitz View Post
    Maniac
    gee, that's a tough one.

seeing as how NB started the convo with "Maniac" and not "Buzz"...
    Last edited by hawaiiansteel; 03-20-2023 at 12:30 AM.
    Steel Maniac's Time-Based Prediction: Lamar Jackson will be a bust and total flop in the NFL.

What Actually Happened: Lamar Jackson became the youngest two-time NFL MVP winner ever.

Gloat gloat gloat

Boom........Knuckle up. Punk.

My IT guy...
    Hahahahahahaha

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Oviedo View Post
    This!!!! Even Tremaine Edmunds had some holes in his game and just broke the bank in free agency

The reason offenses are designing schemes to force LBs to cover TEs and RBs is because they are almost universally mismatches across the entire NFL. That is why it is so important to have a dominant pass rush

Just shows how special Shazier was and how big a hole it is to fill. Oh...and it is the same front office that every criticizes who drafted Shazier.
    In zone cover match defenses offense find ways to attack mismatches in the middle of the field. Man to man offenses find ways.

It's difficult for defenses to have great coverage defensive players at every level. This is why the pass rush and threat of the pass rush is so important. Pass coverage just needs to be good enough for the players to get to the QB.

One issue all dedenses face probably now more than ever is the threat of and the number of QBs that can extend plays or flat out run the ball for yards/1st down.

Banned

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Northern_Blitz View Post
    You need to be comparing this guy to other UFAs that were available at similar contracts.
    I'm not against Holcomb per say. At least he looks like a guy who'll stick his head in their and play the run better then Bush. So even if he can't cover, he's still better then Bush just on that one thing alone. So that has to be considered an improvement.

But your right, the coverage guys are hard to come by in free agency.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Lemming View Post
    This is a great point. We are acquiring players who are tough and smart on both sides of the ball. Leaders.

Especially on defense, I think Kazee plays smarter than Edmonds.

I do think we lost some of that with the loss of Sutton which necessitated the acquisition of Petersen.
    agreed.

I like what we have done in free agency so far.
    Steel Maniac's Time-Based Prediction: Lamar Jackson will be a bust and total flop in the NFL.

What Actually Happened: Lamar Jackson became the youngest two-time NFL MVP winner ever.

Gloat gloat gloat

Boom........Knuckle up. Punk.

My IT guy...
    Hahahahahahaha