X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • NorthCoast
    Legend
    • Sep 2008

Steelers Sign OG

Nice move Weidl using inside info from his time in Philly. Welcome Nate Herbig;

The Pittsburgh Steelers and GM Omar Khan continue to add to the roster, agreeing to a two-year, $8 million deal with free agent offensive lineman Nate Herbig, according to NFL Network’s Mike Garafolo. The #Steelers have agreed to terms with G Nate Herbig on a two-year deal worth $8 million with $4 million guaranteed, source […]
  • pfelix73
    Hall of Famer
    • Aug 2008

Originally posted by NorthCoast
    Nice move Weidl using inside info from his time in Philly. Welcome Nate Herbig;

https://steelersdepot.com/2023/03/re...l-nate-herbig/
    Makes some sense. The only position that they were reported not happy with, is the LG position. So, now they'll have competition there among 3 players, and add some depth for both G spots, no matter who starts at LG. I still think Dotson barring injury will still get the start. My opinion
    6- Time Super Bowl Champions......
    IX X XIII XIV XL XLIII

2012 MNF Executive Champion

sigpic

Comment

• crushedspirit
      Pro Bowler
      • Feb 2021

He was brutal last year with the Jets. A depth move I guess.

Comment

• NJ-STEELER
        Legend
        • May 2008

isn't there a LB in the draft with that name. any relation?

as long as we we don't have him standing to the left of kuntz with their backs turned

Comment

• NJ-STEELER
          Legend
          • May 2008

Originally posted by NJ-STEELER
          to the left of kuntz with their backs turned
          HerBig Kuntz

Comment

• NJ-STEELER
            Legend
            • May 2008

New Steeler OG Nate Herbig's career snaps, per PFF. #Steelers
            LG - 377
            C - 49
            RG - 1648

Comment

• hawaiiansteel
              Legend
              • May 2008

Steelers sign G Nate Herbig (2 years, $8 million): B Grade

This is not an exciting signing by any means, as it won't really improve Pittsburgh's offensive line. However, it was the type of move the Steelers had to make because they didn't have much depth on the offensive line. Herbig, who was a below-average replacement last year when starting late in the year for the Jets, will provide the depth the Steelers are looking for at a reasonable price.

Steel Maniac's Time-Based Prediction: Lamar Jackson will be a bust and total flop in the NFL.

What Actually Happened: Lamar Jackson became the youngest two-time NFL MVP winner ever.

Gloat gloat gloat

Boom........Knuckle up. Punk.

My IT guy...
              Hahahahahahaha

Comment

• whatever
                Legend
                • Sep 2019

Sounds kinda expensive for a career back up.
                How is it possible to have the best owner, best front office, best gm, best HC, good/great drafts every year and good FA acquisitions every year, but only have 3 playoff wins in 14 years?

Comment

• Northern_Blitz
                  Legend
                  • Dec 2008

Originally posted by whatever
                  UFA OL are expensive because everyone needs OL.

He's improved depth at least. Which is something we are in desperate need of.

I don't think it gets rid of the need to draft a quality OL early-ish. But I do think it puts us closer to a BPA mindset in the first few rounds. Which is what I think non-premium UFAs are supposed to do.

Comment

• The Man of Steel
                    Pro Bowler
                    • Dec 2009

Herbig looks like a slob in uniform. He obviously doesn’t carry his 340lbs very well at all.
                    Obviously the standard is the standard.

Comment

• NorthCoast
                      Legend
                      • Sep 2008

Originally posted by whatever
                      Think again. Maybe WAS a backup but he turned around the Jets OL:

Little-known Nate Herbig coming up big in transforming Jets offensive line
                      By Mark Cannizzaro
                      November 11, 2022 8:17pm Updated

Back in May, the Jets quietly made a waiver claim on a little-known offensive lineman named Nate Herbig, who had been released by the Eagles and figured to be an insurance backup.

Six games ago, Herbig quietly was inserted into the Jets’ starting lineup at right guard, after injuries caused them to rearrange their front five.

This is how Herbig, a 24-year-old from Hawaii, does things.

Quietly.

His impact for the Jets, however, has been anything but.

Starting tackles Mekhi Becton and George Fant and starting guard Alijah Vera-Tucker all have been lost for the season, but Herbig has helped solidify a Jets line that has become a team strength.

The Jets have won five of the six games since Herbig began starting. They have rushed for 135 or more yards in four of those six games and have protected quarterback Zach Wilson well. Along the way, Herbig has been right in the middle of it.

He delivered the lead blocks on both Jets touchdowns in their upset win over the Bills last Sunday.

Herbig’s tenacious play completely defies the person he projects himself as off the field, which is baby-faced, shy and docile.

Comment

• WindyCitySteel
                        Legend
                        • Nov 2011

PFF grade down steadily to 58 last year, based on that, doesn't seem like much of an upgrade.

Comment

• Steel Maniac
                          Banned
                          • Apr 2017

I like their attempt at trying to address an area of weakness; but I don't know about this guy.

Comment

• hawaiiansteel
                            Legend
                            • May 2008

Originally posted by Steel Maniac
                            I like their attempt at trying to address an area of weakness; but I don't know about this guy.
                            is Adrian Ealy available?
                            Steel Maniac's Time-Based Prediction: Lamar Jackson will be a bust and total flop in the NFL.

What Actually Happened: Lamar Jackson became the youngest two-time NFL MVP winner ever.

Gloat gloat gloat

Boom........Knuckle up. Punk.

My IT guy...
                            Hahahahahahaha

Comment

• Northern_Blitz
                              Legend
                              • Dec 2008

Originally posted by WindyCitySteel
                              PFF grade down steadily to 58 last year, based on that, doesn't seem like much of an upgrade.
                              Did he play the same side in PHI and NY?

Maybe the reduced grade was from playing one side over the other?

Seems like a pretty steep drop.

I also think OL is often thought of as one of the more difficult positions for PFF to grade. But maybe that's just because I've listened to Foster's show and I think he strongly dislikes PFF (likely because of the grades he got).

Comment

Working...