X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • hackjam
    Starter
    • Sep 2021

Originally posted by Steel Maniac
    Look what the Bengals are doing to protect their young QB. Their signing super bowl winning linemen. Their trying to neutralize our pass rush.
    Yeah Brown is so good the Chiefs went and spent $80MM on another OT…

Comment

• crushedspirit
      Pro Bowler
      • Feb 2021

Originally posted by hackjam
      The Chiefs offered him a 6 year extension worth $139 million, which Brown turned down. The way their discussions were going for the second year in a row the Chiefs were looking at another hefty franchise tag bill. He overplayed his hand with the Chiefs, but now he gets a nice front loaded contract, albeit for less over the long term.

Bengals get a big upgrade at LT and moving Williams to RT no matter how you look at it.

Comment

• steeler_fan_in_t.o.
        Legend
        • May 2008

Originally posted by NorthCoast
        Dotson has been inconsistent. Looks great on one play. Then loses it on the next. At least there now is someone to push him for a spot.
        I agree, and that is the big difference between him and Moore. There are snaps in which Dotson looks very strong and dominates. There are other snaps where he looks lost and hopeless. Moore never looks strong, even on snaps where he gets the job done. I would rather try to find consistency in a player like Dotson than just limit the failures of a player at a more crucial position, like Moore.
        http://i278.photobucket.com/albums/k...to_Mike/to.jpg

Comment

• Steel Maniac
          Banned
          • Apr 2017

Originally posted by hackjam
          And he's so good that the champs of OUR DIVISION spent money to get him.

Comment

• Steel Maniac
            Banned
            • Apr 2017

Originally posted by steeler_fan_in_t.o.
            I agree, and that is the big difference between him and Moore. There are snaps in which Dotson looks very strong and dominates. There are other snaps where he looks lost and hopeless. Moore never looks strong, even on snaps where he gets the job done. I would rather try to find consistency in a player like Dotson than just limit the failures of a player at a more crucial position, like Moore.
            Moore is a complete waste of time.

Comment

• hawaiiansteel
              Legend
              • May 2008

Steelers OL is team's most underrated free agent signing

The Steelers have already made a number of moves to start free agency but one quiet signing may turn out to be the best out of the bunch.

Pittsburgh agreed to sign G Nate Herbig to a two-year, $8 million contract yesterday and he may just end up as one of the team's starting guards by the start of the 2023 season.

The Steelers' new assistant general manager Andy Weidl was in Philadelphia when Herbig was with the Eagles two years ago and believes in him as a starter.

Herbig won't be handed the starting job in Pittsburgh, but he could certainly earn it as 2022 starting G Kevin Dotson struggled this season. Dotson allowed four sacks and was penalized 12 times, according to Pro Football Focus, compared to Herbig allowing just one sack and being penalized four times.

The 24-year-old is also a massive 6-foot-4, 334 pounds and had the sixth-highest run block win rate among all guards in 2022.

Former NFL offensive lineman A.Q. Shipley sees Herbig's potential and loves the direction the Steelers are heading. "I like the way he plays," Shipley said on "The Pat McAfee Show. "This is a Steelers lineman of old."

Only time will tell, but Pittsburgh may have just found the next pillar on its offensive line for years to come.

The Steelers have already made a number of moves to start free agency but one quiet signing may turn out to be the best out of the bunch.
              Steel Maniac's Time-Based Prediction: Lamar Jackson will be a bust and total flop in the NFL.

What Actually Happened: Lamar Jackson became the youngest two-time NFL MVP winner ever.

Gloat gloat gloat

Boom........Knuckle up. Punk.

My IT guy...
              Hahahahahahaha

Comment

• whisper
                Legend
                • Mar 2020

Originally posted by crushedspirit
                He rated 51st out of 77 guards and had a 55.7 run block grade
                So average would be 38th? Below average, our specialty.

Comment

• whisper
                  Legend
                  • Mar 2020

Moore is a complete waste of time.
                  Moore is a total waste of time, one of which the team is more than reluctant to admit, to the OL's demise. Just "because." Rooney has a hair up his @ss about paying LT's market value. So what if the position is critical to the OL's performance?

Comment

• Steel Maniac
                    Banned
                    • Apr 2017

Originally posted by whisper
                    Moore is a total waste of time, one of which the team is more than reluctant to admit, to the OL's demise. Just "because." Rooney has a hair up his @ss about paying LT's market value. So what if the position is critical to the OL's performance?
                    Rooney is going to get KP killed. That's my biggest fear..I admit it. I've seen this play out when Indy never would upgrade the O-line for Luck. I don't want it to happen here.

Comment

• hawaiiansteel
                      Legend
                      • May 2008

Rooney is going to get KP killed.
                      Rooney has a real problem handling speed rushers.
                      Steel Maniac's Time-Based Prediction: Lamar Jackson will be a bust and total flop in the NFL.

What Actually Happened: Lamar Jackson became the youngest two-time NFL MVP winner ever.

Gloat gloat gloat

My IT guy...
                      Hahahahahahaha

Comment

• SS Laser
                        Pro Bowler
                        • Apr 2009

And he's so good that the champs of OUR DIVISION spent money to get him.
                        I see this different. They over spent in a panic. The super bowl champs did not panic and still spend big money but less on another LT. We will see how each decision works out now going forward. I promote the Chiefs decision right now looking at it as of today.
                        And as far as Moore the jury is still deliberating for me. I don’t think he is terrible. He has handled some serious pass rushers well. I also believe most players can improve season to season or be upgraded at anytime. It comes down to cap money and position value etc. The Steelers have had some capable Tackles at discounted prices. Just have to be prepared for there bad games or help minimize there weakness without causing other offensive issues.

Kind off topic or different topic it seems most of the FA guys are said to have that high character label the Steelers value.

Comment

• hawaiiansteel
                          Legend
                          • May 2008

since we're pretty much guaranteed to draft his brother now:

Gloat gloat gloat

My IT guy...
                          Hahahahahahaha

Comment

• Oviedo
                            Legend
                            • May 2008

Rooney is going to get KP killed. That's my biggest fear..I admit it. I've seen this play out when Indy never would upgrade the O-line for Luck. I don't want it to happen here.

Rooney has always struggled with bull rushes
                            "My team, may they always be right, but right or wrong...MY TEAM!"

Comment

Working...