Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Peterson Signed!!!

Legend

User Info Menu

Peterson Signed!!!

Per SNR... stop the hating on the org!!! Could end up Haden2.0! I like it. A lot.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

You beat me to it... Just saw this.
    6- Time Super Bowl Champions......
    IX X XIII XIV XL XLIII

2012 MNF Executive Champion

Legend

User Info Menu

Steelers Sign All-Pro CB Patrick Peterson

The Pittsburgh Steelers have signed their cornerback.

PITTSBURGH -- The Pittsburgh Steelers let Cam Sutton head to the Detroit Lions in free agency only to replace him with All-Pro corner Patrick Peterson.

According to ESPN's Adam Schefter, the Steelers are inking Peterson to a deal as he's set to play in his 13th season. The three-time All-Pro has made eight Pro Bowls in his career and will now look to be a bridge piece for Pittsburgh's cornerback room.

Peterson heads to Pittsburgh to join Levi Wallace, Ahkello Witherspoon, James Pierre and Arthur Maulet. He brings 34 interceptions and 610 tackles with him to the Steelers' locker room.

He had five interceptions last season for the Minnesota Vikings.

Financial details have not yet been released, but All Steelers will continue to provide updates as more information becomes available.

https://www.si.com/nfl/steelers/news...trick-peterson
    Steel Maniac's Time-Based Prediction: Lamar Jackson will be a bust and total flop in the NFL.

What Actually Happened: Lamar Jackson became the youngest two-time NFL MVP winner ever.

Gloat gloat gloat

Boom........Knuckle up. Punk.

My IT guy...
    Hahahahahahaha

Legend

User Info Menu

Yes he’s 32 but still playing at a high level. I like it!

Banned

User Info Menu

It's a quality signing for the period of time we signed him. Good move. I'm hoping this move allows us to move the CB position down the priority list at the draft and allows us to address the OL first.
    Last edited by Steel Maniac; 03-13-2023 at 05:01 PM.

Legend

User Info Menu

Shocker! That's one way to get a proven and experienced veteran presence in the Steelers' CB room.

Peterson is up there in age but was pretty efficient last season with the Vikings. Allowed 59.6% of passes his way to be completed and 79.6 passer rating when targeted, per PFR.

https://twitter.com/StatsGuyDaniel/s...son-per-source
    Steel Maniac's Time-Based Prediction: Lamar Jackson will be a bust and total flop in the NFL.

What Actually Happened: Lamar Jackson became the youngest two-time NFL MVP winner ever.

Gloat gloat gloat

Boom........Knuckle up. Punk.

My IT guy...
    Hahahahahahaha

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by hawaiiansteel View Post
    Shocker! That's one way to get a proven and experienced veteran presence in the Steelers' CB room.

Peterson is up there in age but was pretty efficient last season with the Vikings. Allowed 59.6% of passes his way to be completed and 79.6 passer rating when targeted, per PFR.

https://twitter.com/StatsGuyDaniel/s...son-per-source
    5 interceptions and played in all 17 games last season. There is nothing not to like about this signing.

Legend

User Info Menu

Love this signing.
    I lost a bet about Najee gaining 1300 yards.

"Our head coach has failed to win a playoff game for seven years in a row. His game day strategy, culture of divas, in game decisions, clock management, player evaluation, hires, and affinity with sub par starters at RB, P, and OL are holding the Steelers back. That standard remains the standard"

Legend

User Info Menu

2 year deal, no details on amount yet

Legend

User Info Menu

what # will he wear ?