Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast

Thread: Contextual look at Pickett's deep ball accuracy

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Steel Maniac View Post
    The Ravens are a good team overall. And they get wins during the season over the mediocre teams because of that. But when they go against other well rounded teams, that neutralizes their advantage. So then the quality of the QB comes into play...those times are called "playoffs".

What's Lamar's record in the playoffs?
    so when the Ravens lose in the playoffs, it's the QB's fault.

but when the Steelers lose in the playoffs, you completely blame the head coach and even put it in your sig.

why isn't Harbaugh or Ben to blame for the Ravens and Steelers playoff losses and only LJ and Tomlin?

you need to be consistent, although I realize your false agendas and narratives make it impossible to do so.

that and you can't admit how wrong you were about Lamar Jackson not being a total flop and bust in the NFL like you incorrectly predicted.
    Steel Maniac's Time-Based Prediction: Lamar Jackson will be a bust and total flop in the NFL.

What Actually Happened: Lamar Jackson became the youngest two-time NFL MVP winner ever.

Gloat gloat gloat

Boom........Knuckle up. Punk.

My IT guy...
    Hahahahahahaha

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by hawaiiansteel View Post
    so when the Ravens lose in the playoffs, it's the QB's fault.

but when the Steelers lose in the playoffs, you completely blame the head coach and even put it in your sig.

why isn't Harbaugh or Ben to blame for the Ravens and Steelers playoff losses and only LJ and Tomlin?

you need to be consistent, although I realize your false agendas and narratives make it impossible to do so.

that and you can't admit how wrong you were about Lamar Jackson not being a total flop and bust in the NFL like you incorrectly predicted.
    He's got you dead to rights, SM.

As a neutral observer I'm a Lamar fan, was pissed when the Steelers passed on him for Edmunds. Don't know that he would have had the same success here, though, but you never know.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by WindyCitySteel View Post
    He does. Though I will agree with SM in that I think Lamar will ultimately prove to have "set back" the Rats - especially depending on how this current contract plays out. I don't think Lamar will ever bring them their next ring. The unique offense they designed around Lamar has its exciting moments but that style has yet to produce rings.

As a neutral observer I'm a Lamar fan, was pissed when the Steelers passed on him for Edmunds. Don't know that he would have had the same success here, though, but you never know.
    I wasn't pissed at all. I'm just not a fan of that style of QB play AT ALL. I was all-in during the Kordell era and have soured on it ever since. I admit that it can be exciting when someone that athletically talented (Vick, Lamar) runs around and through a defense like child's play. But I'd much rather athletes like that do it from another position rather than QB. I want the primary strength of the QB of my team to be in the passing game. That's what produces championships.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by NorthCoast View Post
    Dunno. Here's Pickett's completion rate under pressure (SIS data). You can quibble on the absolute numbers. I solely focused on the trend.
    I'll even throw out the first month of the season as his 'training camp'. With that, he was pretty much the same the rest of the season. I also listened to a couple of podcasts that seem to conclude the same. Pickett was ok in his first season, along with things he needs to improve on;

[url=https://flic.kr/p/2omtsQB][/url][url=https://flic.kr/p/2omtsQB]capture1[/url] by [url=https://www.flickr.com/photos/191750946@N04/]R W[/url], on Flickr
    When I look at this data, I'd say that the mean was 47-ish and he had three high games (where I'd guess there were small samples that drove the % up toward 80%..do you have the number of attempts under pressure in the high games?). I don't think that's the same thing as a trend.

I don't think looking at trends over small samples matters too much (and I'm not sure even an entire NFL season is a large sample). I think there are too many variables game to game to assume that this is actually a trend. If you did a regression that included uncertainty on the slope, I'm sure you'd find that no change would be within the uncertainty.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Eich View Post
    He does. Though I will agree with SM in that I think Lamar will ultimately prove to have "set back" the Rats - especially depending on how this current contract plays out. I don't think Lamar will ever bring them their next ring. The unique offense they designed around Lamar has its exciting moments but that style has yet to produce rings.

I wasn't pissed at all. I'm just not a fan of that style of QB play AT ALL. I was all-in during the Kordell era and have soured on it ever since. I admit that it can be exciting when someone that athletically talented (Vick, Lamar) runs around and through a defense like child's play. But I'd much rather athletes like that do it from another position rather than QB. I want the primary strength of the QB of my team to be in the passing game. That's what produces championships.
    You might be right, I don't know if Lamar would have reached his full potential in Pittsburgh, but he was on his 2nd MVP season pace before getting hurt this year. Dude's a star.

Legend

User Info Menu

You might be right, I don't know if Lamar would have reached his full potential in Pittsburgh, but he was on his 2nd MVP season pace before getting hurt this year. Dude's a star.
    No question he's a star. A super athlete. I just don't think he will be remembered as a top QB nor do I think he will win a ring with his style. But his style could evolve. I've seen him throw some really pretty passes at times. He could go all Nick Foles / Joe Flacco some season and just be in-the-zone/on fire in the passing game. He'd be frightening if he could find that in his game.

Banned

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Eich View Post
    No question he's a star. A super athlete. I just don't think he will be remembered as a top QB nor do I think he will win a ring with his style. But his style could evolve. I've seen him throw some really pretty passes at times. He could go all Nick Foles / Joe Flacco some season and just be in-the-zone/on fire in the passing game. He'd be frightening if he could find that in his game.
    Please go look at the particulars of the ravens playoff loses. We’ll talk about each one after you do.

Banned

User Info Menu

Please go look at the particulars of the ravens playoff loses. We’ll talk about each one after you do.
    The Lamar Jackson discussion were moved over to the NFL forums box. If I want to talk about Lamar, it will be over there.

Banned

User Info Menu

Windy,
    If you want to question me on a point, please do so. I can factually support what I say. But do not bring in ( invite) hawaain/ lemmings quotes into something you’re asking me about. I have both his personas on permanent ignore.

If you want to bring him into discussion you’re having with me , then it is a discussion you can have with him alone. I’m automatically out.
    Last edited by Steel Maniac; 03-12-2023 at 01:04 AM.

Legend

User Info Menu

But do not bring in ( invite) hawaain/ lemmings quotes into something you’re asking me about. I have both his personas on permanent ignore
    so you still continue to spread this lie around in every thread you post in, huh?

since you're so sure about this, why won't you accept the bet I offered you?

we all know why...
    Steel Maniac's Time-Based Prediction: Lamar Jackson will be a bust and total flop in the NFL.

What Actually Happened: Lamar Jackson became the youngest two-time NFL MVP winner ever.

Gloat gloat gloat

Boom........Knuckle up. Punk.

My IT guy...
    Hahahahahahaha