Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: 30 visits

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Steel Maniac View Post
    I want a ILB with the weight and the speed. I'm being greedy but after Bush, I've lost my taste for " the little engine who thinks he can" type of ILB's. Give me a guy with the measurables.
    Agreed. The thing is, they work in a 3-4 defense, if you pair them up. It takes a guy who tackles everything in the box next to them (like Vince Williams was).

I realized the trend in the NFL is the speed ILB, but Jack Campbell looks very "throwback" to me. I think he'd be such a good fit for this team.
    Of all the positions of need, I'm ok with any of 3 OT. Content with others in later rounds. Even at CB, the same applies.

But, this ILB is the one. His height and effort make me think Brian Urlacher - and I'd take that all day long.
    2013 MNF Executive Champion!

DeVille's final Mock
    1.20 - Tailiese Fuaga, OT, Oregon St
    2.51 - Zach Frazier, C, WVU
    3.84 - Luke Mccaffery, WR, Rice
    3.98 - Andru Phillips, CB, Kentucky
    4.117 - Maason Smith, DT, LSU
    6.178 - Travis Glover, OT, Ga State
    6.195 - Dillon Johnson, RB, Washington

Banned

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by SteelerOfDeVille View Post
    Agreed. The thing is, they work in a 3-4 defense, if you pair them up. It takes a guy who tackles everything in the box next to them (like Vince Williams was).

I realized the trend in the NFL is the speed ILB, but Jack Campbell looks very "throwback" to me. I think he'd be such a good fit for this team.
    Of all the positions of need, I'm ok with any of 3 OT. Content with others in later rounds. Even at CB, the same applies.

But, this ILB is the one. His height and effort make me think Brian Urlacher - and I'd take that all day long.
    Your teasing me now when you say Brian Urlacher. LOL. I don't want an ILB who gets overwhelmed in the wash trying to make a tackle because he's too little. No more of those guys please.

Legend

User Info Menu

unless Jerome Bettis is on the other team.

Steel Maniac's Time-Based Prediction: Lamar Jackson will be a bust and total flop in the NFL.

What Actually Happened: Lamar Jackson became the youngest two-time NFL MVP winner ever.

Gloat gloat gloat

Boom........Knuckle up. Punk.

My IT guy...
    Hahahahahahaha

Legend

User Info Menu

Your teasing me now when you say Brian Urlacher. LOL. I don't want an ILB who gets overwhelmed in the wash trying to make a tackle because he's too little. No more of those guys please.
    Wasn't Urlacher a safety in college? I thought that he was kind of the prototype of smaller faster guy excelling at ILB. I think Farrior was also a smaller faster guy...playing well under his listed weight IIRC.

Maybe I'm misremembering though.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by hawaiiansteel View Post
    unless Jerome Bettis is on the other team.

Such a great photo.

Legend

User Info Menu

Sadly, I have to agree with you; If those specific guys are not there, I'd prefer a trade down. But I did see on another Steelers website that Khan said he's prepared to trade up if a specific guy is there. Didn't say exactly who that player was thou.
    I feel like trade up happens for one of the 5 that i mentioned, but within reason. I did the math and it's not that bad.

To move to say 1.14 (NE pick):

They'd have to give 1.17 and a 3rd, and receive 1.14 and a 4 (end of round comp pick)... Now I wouldn't be shocked if NE played hardball and gave back a 5th instead - but, if you're getting Paris, Skoronski or Broderick Jones, I say it's worth it. You just have to make the 2 seconds count.

DeVille's final Mock

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Northern_Blitz View Post
    Such a great photo.

truly is a great photo...

DeVille's final Mock

Banned

User Info Menu

I feel like trade up happens for one of the 5 that i mentioned, but within reason. I did the math and it's not that bad.

To move to say 1.14 (NE pick):

They'd have to give 1.17 and a 3rd, and receive 1.14 and a 4 (end of round comp pick)... Now I wouldn't be shocked if NE played hardball and gave back a 5th instead - but, if you're getting Paris, Skoronski or Broderick Jones, I say it's worth it. You just have to make the 2 seconds count.
    If that's all that it would cost, then I'm on board. But I have a feeling that the Pats would try and bend us over the headboard.

Banned

User Info Menu

Such a great photo.

Clown got trucked!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Bus coming through!!!

Legend

User Info Menu

Such a great photo.
    I have it hanging on my wall.
    Steel Maniac's Time-Based Prediction: Lamar Jackson will be a bust and total flop in the NFL.

What Actually Happened: Lamar Jackson became the youngest two-time NFL MVP winner ever.

Gloat gloat gloat

Boom........Knuckle up. Punk.

My IT guy...
    Hahahahahahaha