Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 121

Thread: 30 visits

  1. #11
    Banned

    User Info Menu

    Nice to see Torrance in the mix.

  2. #12
    Starter

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by NJ-STEELER View Post
    I know chuks played there in college. But thought in camp one summer he did not look good there.
    Chuks played LT in college, his most natural position. If you'll recall, Chuks was our starting LT until Zach Banner got hurt as our starting RT. When Banner couldn't return after that injury, that's when Chuks moved there. He was our starting LT in waiting , but Moore wasn't RT capable.

  3. #13
    Legend

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by SteelerMaine83 View Post
    Chuks played LT in college, his most natural position. If you'll recall, Chuks was our starting LT until Zach Banner got hurt as our starting RT. When Banner couldn't return after that injury, that's when Chuks moved there. He was our starting LT in waiting , but Moore wasn't RT capable.
    I recall seeing that he struggled in camp at LT.
    I’ve read others say the same.


    if he could play LT, why would we play him at RT?

    it’s a lot easier finding a capable RT then LT

  4. #14
    Starter

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by NJ-STEELER View Post
    I recall seeing that he struggled in camp at LT.
    I’ve read others say the same.


    if he could play LT, why would we play him at RT?

    it’s a lot easier finding a capable RT then LT
    Yeah, not saying he didn't struggle at LT, but, when they tried Moore at RT, it was really a disaster, from what I recall. Given the lesser of two evils, Chuks ended up at RT because Moore was only LT capable.

    Either way, another OT (LT or RT, whichever way the draft falls) that is starter capable is a must . A guy like Dawand Jones solves our RT problems at #32, then we'll still need to figure out the long term solution at LT this year or next.

  5. #15
    Legend

    User Info Menu

    I don't understand the single minded focus on the off LIne. Does anyone really think the Off Line is in worse shape than our ILB position of the middle of of DL? Compared to those two positions, the OL is well stocked and a fine tuned machine. The OL got better as the season went on in 2022. Both ILB and our NT situation got worse.
    "My team, may they always be right, but right or wrong...MY TEAM!"

  6. #16
    Banned

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by Oviedo View Post
    I don't understand the single minded focus on the off LIne. Does anyone really think the Off Line is in worse shape than our ILB position of the middle of of DL? Compared to those two positions, the OL is well stocked and a fine tuned machine. The OL got better as the season went on in 2022. Both ILB and our NT situation got worse.
    I think you point is valid .... but everyone wants to see KP succeed and the thing that can really help him take the next step (and help Najee too) is the O-line upgrade. But again, your not wrong. that linebacker corps right now is super red alert. No doubt.

  7. #17
    Legend

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by Steel Maniac View Post
    Nice to see Torrance in the mix.
    interestingly enough, I think he's a real possibility at 1.17. I was just eyeballing guys that I like in the 1st and my gut says most (if not all) will be gone.
    OT - Paris Johnson, Skoronski, Broderick Jones,
    CB - Gonzalez, Devon Witherspoon, Joey Porter

    It means if you're looking at O-Line in the 1st, you're looking at the Darnell Wrights and Dawand Jones at OT or Torrence at OG. You can best believe that Chuks moves to LT if Jones or Wright is selected.

    Otherwise, you may have to consider Addison or trade down.
    2013 MNF Executive Champion!

    DeVille's final Mock
    1.20 - Tailiese Fuaga, OT, Oregon St
    2.51 - Zach Frazier, C, WVU
    3.84 - Luke Mccaffery, WR, Rice
    3.98 - Andru Phillips, CB, Kentucky
    4.117 - Maason Smith, DT, LSU
    6.178 - Travis Glover, OT, Ga State
    6.195 - Dillon Johnson, RB, Washington


  8. #18
    Banned

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by SteelerOfDeVille View Post
    interestingly enough, I think he's a real possibility at 1.17. I was just eyeballing guys that I like in the 1st and my gut says most (if not all) will be gone.
    OT - Paris Johnson, Skoronski, Broderick Jones,
    CB - Gonzalez, Devon Witherspoon, Joey Porter

    It means if you're looking at O-Line in the 1st, you're looking at the Darnell Wrights and Dawand Jones at OT or Torrence at OG. You can best believe that Chuks moves to LT if Jones or Wright is selected.

    Otherwise, you may have to consider Addison or trade down.
    You are painting a bleak picture..........

    I"ve no doubt the top 3 CB's are going to be gone (Commanders have all but said they are taking Porter) but depending on 4 QB's & two WR's going before us, I think we've got a real shot at Broderick Jones.

  9. #19
    Legend

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by Oviedo View Post
    I don't understand the single minded focus on the off LIne. Does anyone really think the Off Line is in worse shape than our ILB position of the middle of of DL? Compared to those two positions, the OL is well stocked and a fine tuned machine. The OL got better as the season went on in 2022. Both ILB and our NT situation got worse.
    we need an ILB, CB, S, DL, OL and a WR.

    I'm hoping we sign a few more FAs because we won't be able to fill all our needs via the draft.
    Steel Maniac's Time-Based Prediction: Lamar Jackson will be a bust and total flop in the NFL.

    What Actually Happened: Lamar Jackson became the youngest two-time NFL MVP winner ever.

    Gloat gloat gloat


    Boom........Knuckle up. Punk.

    My IT guy...
    Hahahahahahaha

  10. #20
    Legend

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by Oviedo View Post
    I don't understand the single minded focus on the off LIne. Does anyone really think the Off Line is in worse shape than our ILB position of the middle of of DL? Compared to those two positions, the OL is well stocked and a fine tuned machine. The OL got better as the season went on in 2022. Both ILB and our NT situation got worse.

    are you criticizing the Steeler FO? Some fan you are
    2 of the first confirmed visits are OL.
    The OL player meetings at the combined more then doubled the 2nd place unit (DBs)

    you have to be blind if you don’t think they’re looking to upgrade the OL

    iF they think they got their franchise QB last year.
    Maybe they want to protect him with a franchise LT.
    it sure could help the run game as well
    Last edited by NJ-STEELER; 03-14-2023 at 01:47 PM.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •