X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Steel Maniac
    Banned
    • Apr 2017

Originally posted by Oviedo
    I don't understand the single minded focus on the off LIne. Does anyone really think the Off Line is in worse shape than our ILB position of the middle of of DL? Compared to those two positions, the OL is well stocked and a fine tuned machine. The OL got better as the season went on in 2022. Both ILB and our NT situation got worse.
    I think you point is valid .... but everyone wants to see KP succeed and the thing that can really help him take the next step (and help Najee too) is the O-line upgrade. But again, your not wrong. that linebacker corps right now is super red alert. No doubt.

Comment

• SteelerOfDeVille
      Legend
      • May 2008

Originally posted by Steel Maniac
      Nice to see Torrance in the mix.
      interestingly enough, I think he's a real possibility at 1.17. I was just eyeballing guys that I like in the 1st and my gut says most (if not all) will be gone.
      OT - Paris Johnson, Skoronski, Broderick Jones,
      CB - Gonzalez, Devon Witherspoon, Joey Porter

It means if you're looking at O-Line in the 1st, you're looking at the Darnell Wrights and Dawand Jones at OT or Torrence at OG. You can best believe that Chuks moves to LT if Jones or Wright is selected.

Otherwise, you may have to consider Addison or trade down.
      2013 MNF Executive Champion!

DeVille's final Mock
      1.20 - Tailiese Fuaga, OT, Oregon St
      2.51 - Zach Frazier, C, WVU
      3.84 - Luke Mccaffery, WR, Rice
      3.98 - Andru Phillips, CB, Kentucky
      4.117 - Maason Smith, DT, LSU
      6.178 - Travis Glover, OT, Ga State
      6.195 - Dillon Johnson, RB, Washington

Comment

• Steel Maniac
        Banned
        • Apr 2017

Originally posted by SteelerOfDeVille
        interestingly enough, I think he's a real possibility at 1.17. I was just eyeballing guys that I like in the 1st and my gut says most (if not all) will be gone.

It means if you're looking at O-Line in the 1st, you're looking at the Darnell Wrights and Dawand Jones at OT or Torrence at OG. You can best believe that Chuks moves to LT if Jones or Wright is selected.

You are painting a bleak picture..........

I"ve no doubt the top 3 CB's are going to be gone (Commanders have all but said they are taking Porter) but depending on 4 QB's & two WR's going before us, I think we've got a real shot at Broderick Jones.

Comment

• hawaiiansteel
          Legend
          • May 2008

I don't understand the single minded focus on the off LIne. Does anyone really think the Off Line is in worse shape than our ILB position of the middle of of DL? Compared to those two positions, the OL is well stocked and a fine tuned machine. The OL got better as the season went on in 2022. Both ILB and our NT situation got worse.
          we need an ILB, CB, S, DL, OL and a WR.

I'm hoping we sign a few more FAs because we won't be able to fill all our needs via the draft.
          Steel Maniac's Time-Based Prediction: Lamar Jackson will be a bust and total flop in the NFL.

What Actually Happened: Lamar Jackson became the youngest two-time NFL MVP winner ever.

Gloat gloat gloat

Boom........Knuckle up. Punk.

My IT guy...
          Hahahahahahaha

Comment

• NJ-STEELER
            Legend
            • May 2008

are you criticizing the Steeler FO? Some fan you are
            2 of the first confirmed visits are OL.
            The OL player meetings at the combined more then doubled the 2nd place unit (DBs)

you have to be blind if you don’t think they’re looking to upgrade the OL

iF they think they got their franchise QB last year.
            Maybe they want to protect him with a franchise LT.
            it sure could help the run game as well
            Last edited by NJ-STEELER; 03-14-2023, 01:47 PM.

Comment

• NJ-STEELER
              Legend
              • May 2008

Pro day dinner with Clemson LB Trent Simpson

I’ll add that to a separate list on the original post

Comment

• feltdizz
                Legend
                • May 2008

Sounds good to me!!!
                Giants 10
                Steelers 31

Comment

• SteelerOfDeVille
                  Legend
                  • May 2008

You are painting a bleak picture..........

I"ve no doubt the top 3 CB's are going to be gone (Commanders have all but said they are taking Porter) but depending on 4 QB's & two WR's going before us, I think we've got a real shot at Broderick Jones.
                  I tend to prepare myself for worst case so I'm not all excited for Paris and end up with one of the less desirable 1st round options.

So, I see 3 CB and 3 OT that I'd love to get in the 1st. Say the draft is at pick 14 and only 1 of them is left on the board? I wouldn't be shocked by a trade up scenario. I would trade up for Witherspoon, Gonzalez, Paris, Broderick, Skoronski (not Porter).

If all 6 are gone, I think I'd rather see a trade down

Seems all the other OT are strictly RT and I don't think it's worth a first round selection from the Dawand Jones, Darnell Wright, Anton Harrison, Jaelyn Duncan bunch.

DeVille's final Mock

Comment

• SteelerOfDeVille
                    Legend
                    • May 2008

Originally posted by NJ-STEELER
                    Pro day dinner with Clemson LB Trent Simpson

I’ll add that to a separate list on the original post
                    Gawd, I hope he's not the selection. Feels like Bush all over again. If you're going to get a speed guy, get one who makes all the tackles in the box like Drew Sanders. Although, my fav is Jack Campbell...

DeVille's final Mock

Comment

• NJ-STEELER
                      Legend
                      • May 2008

Gawd, I hope he's not the selection. Feels like Bush all over again. If you're going to get a speed guy, get one who makes all the tackles in the box like Drew Sanders. Although, my fav is Jack Campbell...
                      yeah, certainly not in the first round

Comment

• NorthCoast
                        Legend
                        • Sep 2008

Campbell ....

Comment

• Steel Maniac
                          Banned
                          • Apr 2017

I tend to prepare myself for worst case so I'm not all excited for Paris and end up with one of the less desirable 1st round options.

So, I see 3 CB and 3 OT that I'd love to get in the 1st. Say the draft is at pick 14 and only 1 of them is left on the board? I wouldn't be shocked by a trade up scenario. I would trade up for Witherspoon, Gonzalez, Paris, Broderick, Skoronski (not Porter).

If all 6 are gone, I think I'd rather see a trade down

Seems all the other OT are strictly RT and I don't think it's worth a first round selection from the Dawand Jones, Darnell Wright, Anton Harrison, Jaelyn Duncan bunch.
                          Sadly, I have to agree with you; If those specific guys are not there, I'd prefer a trade down. But I did see on another Steelers website that Khan said he's prepared to trade up if a specific guy is there. Didn't say exactly who that player was thou.

Comment

• Steel Maniac
                            Banned
                            • Apr 2017

I want a ILB with the weight and the speed. I'm being greedy but after Bush, I've lost my taste for " the little engine who thinks he can" type of ILB's. Give me a guy with the measurables.

Comment

• Northern_Blitz
                              Legend
                              • Dec 2008

I want a ILB with the weight and the speed. I'm being greedy but after Bush, I've lost my taste for " the little engine who thinks he can" type of ILB's. Give me a guy with the measurables.
                              My guess is that it's really hard to find guys that excel in both run stuffing and pass coverage. That's a tough physics problem.

Comment

• hawaiiansteel
                                Legend
                                • May 2008

add CB Kelee Ringo to the list.

As we do every year, we’ll keep tabs on the 2023 NFL Draft prospects that we know have pre-draft visits, otherwise known as “Top 30” meetings, with the Pittsburgh Steelers. History has shown a strong correlation between the players the team brings in and the names they draft next month. We will keep this post […]
                                Steel Maniac's Time-Based Prediction: Lamar Jackson will be a bust and total flop in the NFL.

What Actually Happened: Lamar Jackson became the youngest two-time NFL MVP winner ever.

Gloat gloat gloat

Boom........Knuckle up. Punk.

My IT guy...
                                Hahahahahahaha

Comment

Working...