Page 6 of 34 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast

Thread: OT: New QB contracts

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Oviedo View Post
    I understand the "man crush" you have on Robinson, but there is ZERO chance that we would consider a RB in the first three rounds given we have Harris...and ZERO chance we are trading Harris

I like your Round 2 but I think you will need to take Campbell before Jones. ILB is thin in this draft so Campbell will be in demand starting in Round 2
    The " man crush " is party due for a broken heart not because Harris doesn't try. He's just not a top 15 back in the NFL! B Robinson is an explosive type that can run outside and can hit plays beyond 15 yards vs the run or pass. Things Harris can't do well at all.

By our initial pick in round two pick #49 overall all the good tackles will go GONE. We might have to gamble that captain Jack is still on the board then.
    Tomlin hasn't won a playoff game in seven years and counting. The earliest will be eight years. Art Rooney II, get a new head coach.

Our 2024 draft is grade A.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

And as predicted, the non-exclusive tag has been placed on LJ

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by crushedspirit View Post
    Watson himself is now offering to restructure according to beat writers in Cleveland. Even he knows that contract has made Cleveland's ability to improve elsewhere much more complicated.
    And restructuring usually doesn't mean that the player takes less money. So, why wouldn't they be willing? It's not like they're doing this huge favor to the team.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Eich View Post
    And restructuring usually doesn't mean that the player takes less money. So, why wouldn't they be willing? It's not like they're doing this huge favor to the team.
    It just means kick the can down the road of course. Pain now or later.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by crushedspirit View Post
    And as predicted, the non-exclusive tag has been placed on LJ
    let the market decide.. its the smartest play.

Jay Will and Keyshawn were debating it this morning.

Exclusive tag would leave LJ extremely bitter.
    I lost a bet about Najee gaining 1300 yards.

"Our head coach has failed to win a playoff game for seven years in a row. His game day strategy, culture of divas, in game decisions, clock management, player evaluation, hires, and affinity with sub par starters at RB, P, and OL are holding the Steelers back. That standard remains the standard"

Legend

User Info Menu

usually means they get more money now.. lol.

When I first learned this I was shocked.. lol.

"Our head coach has failed to win a playoff game for seven years in a row. His game day strategy, culture of divas, in game decisions, clock management, player evaluation, hires, and affinity with sub par starters at RB, P, and OL are holding the Steelers back. That standard remains the standard"

Banned

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by feltdizz View Post
    let the market decide.. its the smartest play.

Jay Will and Keyshawn were debating it this morning.

Exclusive tag would leave LJ extremely bitter.
    He’s just going to be bitter then. He’s not getting a fully guaranteed contract for a non- passing QB.

Banned

User Info Menu

Nope.. just means they re-categorize the money for salary cap reasons.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Steel Maniac View Post
    He’s just going to be bitter then. He’s not getting a fully guaranteed contract for a non- passing QB.
    He won’t be bitter if another team gives him a crazy contract.

Banned

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by feltdizz View Post
    He won’t be bitter if another team gives him a crazy contract.
    I don't think any team is giving him a mammoth, fully guranteed contract. No team. Now he could get a very nice contract from someone, that's true. But fully guaranteed? I doubt it.