Page 31 of 34 FirstFirst ... 212930313233 ... LastLast

Thread: OT: New QB contracts

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by hawaiiansteel View Post
    well, that's what Steel Maniac predicted when Lamar Jackson was drafted.

instead of just admitting he was wrong about that, he turns just about every thread he posts into a bashing LJ one trying to convince others that he was right.

he wasn't, but Steel Maniac simply cannot ever admit he was wrong so we have to endure his never ending posts trying to move the goalposts.
    Lamar has a unique talent and he's not a traditional QB so he's controversial to most fans. Unfortunately people will either hate Lamar or love him. It's tough to evaluate QBs too. More often than not it's the one position evaluators get wrong most often. To your credit, he's done well to be on the verge of receiving a massive contract.

I think SM will come around eventually. He's a good man as you are. One way or another, I keep hoping that your differences will be resolved. I'm not sure how but it will happen, I believe.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Prowler View Post
    I think SM will come around eventually. He's a good man as you are.
    no, he's not.

I can pull up lots of posts to prove that if you like.
    Steel Maniac's Time-Based Prediction: Lamar Jackson will be a bust and total flop in the NFL.

What Actually Happened: Lamar Jackson became the youngest two-time NFL MVP winner ever.

Gloat gloat gloat

Boom........Knuckle up. Punk.

My IT guy...
    Hahahahahahaha

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by hawaiiansteel View Post
    no, he's not.

I can pull up lots of posts to prove that if you like.
    Maybe you're right. Sometimes things can't be fixed. I'm just trying to be optimistic and hopeful.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Prowler View Post
    I think SM will come around eventually. He's a good man as you are.
    this is my personal favorite of his. not sure how anyone can think Steel Maniac is a good man after this lovely post:

Quote Originally Posted by Steel Maniac View Post
    Shut up you trick.

** Why didn't you take my bet that I'd beat your @ss on your next visit to Southern California that I offered you 3 years ago??????????? I offered for you on your next trip to Southern California , to come to the city of Monrovia where there's a boxing ring. Come to the ring where I can beat the snot out of you and video tape it for all to see??

WHY DIDN'T YOU TAKE THAT OFFER?? Because your a sissy ..just like you've always been and I'd beat the snot out of you with no hesitation. As my boys take you back to the airport. Your a fake computer tough guy..you hide behind the keyboard.

You keep sneaking into Southern California like you've been doing..cause you know if we meet, it's lights OUT for you turd. Believe that.

We could have settle this all a looong time ago if you'd stop hiding when you came to Calif. You keep being that computer tough guy.

Cause we know you can't knuckle up. Punk.
    Steel Maniac's Time-Based Prediction: Lamar Jackson will be a bust and total flop in the NFL.

What Actually Happened: Lamar Jackson became the youngest two-time NFL MVP winner ever.

Gloat gloat gloat

Boom........Knuckle up. Punk.

My IT guy...
    Hahahahahahaha

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by SteelerOfDeVille View Post
    I think he doesn't want to bet on himself 3 years from now because while he knows that he has a cannon for an arm, his superpower is his speed. Honestly, it's smart move to not sign that contract that expires as he turns 30 and begins to lose that superpower.

Where he messed up, IMO is not having an agent work that deal... I can't imagine him to be as good a negotiator as an agent would be - that's what they get paid to do. They'll earn that additional 10% that you didn't want to pay an agent. He'd already have 5 years, if ya ask me.

Now if the *ravens* were smart, they would have offer him the same deal and tack on 2 years... $225 with $133 guaranteed. You can still cut him in the last 2 years and you've manage to spread that SB cap hit across 5 (ya cut him in year 4 as a post june 1 cut). Shoot make it look bigger and throw a $25mil roster bonus at year 4.
    I agree on the non-agent thing with LJ. And it's not necessarily the money thing where he is failing as his own agent. A big part of an agent's job is to create leverage. This means you are contacting other teams and working their GMs and ownership in order to get a competing bid. I read nothing about LJ doing this (maybe he has but teams are not answering the phone?). With virtually every potential team already signing QBs or preparing to draft one LJ is left with little or no options but to sit and wait on the Ravens. Very poor strategy by him.

Banned

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by NorthCoast View Post
    I agree on the non-agent thing with LJ. And it's not necessarily the money thing where he is failing as his own agent. A big part of an agent's job is to create leverage. This means you are contacting other teams and working their GMs and ownership in order to get a competing bid. I read nothing about LJ doing this (maybe he has but teams are not answering the phone?). With virtually every potential team already signing QBs or preparing to draft one LJ is left with little or no options but to sit and wait on the Ravens. Very poor strategy by him.
    When you don't know much...you can't do much.

Banned

User Info Menu

Why are the Packers playing this game? Rodgers is too old to be asking for a first round pick.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...omment-8324185

Legend

User Info Menu

For the first time in 20 years NE is predicted to finish last in their division. Don't need any more evidence than this on the effect of losing an elite QB.

More than anything, it takes elite talent at QB to win championships in the NFL. And the 17 game season has shown that roster depth is critical to get to and advance in the postseason.

Let's see if the GOAT HC can coach his way back to a championship with his current cast.

AFC East Winner 2023-24

• Buffalo Bills +125
    • New York Jets +230
    • Miami Dolphins +370
    • New England Patriots +700

That’s a poor reflection on the Patriots, who finished just a win above the Jets in the division last season.

The numbers become even more lopsided when assessing the odds of New England capturing a conference title against a crowded field of contenders.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by NorthCoast View Post
    For the first time in 20 years NE is predicted to finish last in their division. Don't need any more evidence than this on the effect of losing an elite QB.

More than anything, it takes elite talent at QB to win championships in the NFL. And the 17 game season has shown that roster depth is critical to get to and advance in the postseason.

Let's see if the GOAT HC can coach his way back to a championship with his current cast.

AFC East Winner 2023-24

• Buffalo Bills +125
    • New York Jets +230
    • Miami Dolphins +370
    • New England Patriots +700

That’s a poor reflection on the Patriots, who finished just a win above the Jets in the division last season.

The numbers become even more lopsided when assessing the odds of New England capturing a conference title against a crowded field of contenders.

And so are the Steelers. Vegas understands that barely scratching by bad teams in low-scoring games is not "finishing strong".

https://www.sportsbettingdime.com/nf...odds/#AFCNorth

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by WindyCitySteel View Post
    And so are the Steelers. Vegas understands that barely scratching by bad teams in low-scoring games is not "finishing strong".

https://www.sportsbettingdime.com/nf...odds/#AFCNorth
    The difference is the Steelers odds are improving (+900 in 2022). Still all comes down to the QB. If KP is the guy, then the Steelers have a shot. If he isn't, then we are looking at high draft picks in 2024.