Page 22 of 34 FirstFirst ... 12202122232432 ... LastLast
Results 211 to 220 of 336

Thread: OT: New QB contracts

  1. #211
    Banned

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by crushedspirit View Post
    That comes at the cost of future years costing more. I'm not a fan of it since nobody has a crystal ball. They could essentially take 30 mil off this year and spread it to 10 added each of the next 3 years, but other teams that have gone that route in recent memory, like the Saints, have eventually had to give up players and get worse in the meantime. Browns have backed themselves in a corner with that contract.
    I'm not a fan of it either. But that is done a lot. The Saints ARE a team that has done it quite often in the Sean Peyton years. Your exactly right.

    Browns were desperate to get a legit QB and be possibly viable in the NFL again. I get it . What's funny is that before that contract was offered, Watson wanted no parts of the Browns. He told them initially no. But the fully guaranteed part changed everything for the Browns. But that is the anomaly; can't expect for the Ravens to do that for him. Not fully guaranteed. They officially offered him 133 mil guaranteed. Anything is just rumors.

  2. #212
    Legend

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by crushedspirit View Post
    That comes at the cost of future years costing more. I'm not a fan of it since nobody has a crystal ball. They could essentially take 30 mil off this year and spread it to 10 added each of the next 3 years, but other teams that have gone that route in recent memory, like the Saints, have eventually had to give up players and get worse in the meantime. Browns have backed themselves in a corner with that contract.
    Have the Saints really got worse due to these contracts? I think they got worse since Brees retired but they are the one team that no one can really understand bow the hell they can keep signing players to these contracts given how they are always in “cap hell”
    I lost a bet about Najee gaining 1300 yards.

    "Our head coach has failed to win a playoff game for seven years in a row. His game day strategy, culture of divas, in game decisions, clock management, player evaluation, hires, and affinity with sub par starters at RB, P, and OL are holding the Steelers back. That standard remains the standard"



  3. #213
    Banned

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by feltdizz View Post
    Have the Saints really got worse due to these contracts? I think they got worse since Brees retired but they are the one team that no one can really understand bow the hell they can keep signing players to these contracts given how they are always in “cap hell”
    they keep kicking the can down the street. LOL. Look at what they are doing today! They are restructuring Michael Thomas contract now. Trying to make sure to give Carr two good targets on the outside. After all the injuries, I'm not sure how good Michael Thomas is right now. But that's what their doing.

  4. #214
    Legend

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by crushedspirit View Post
    He gets payed 100% no matter what happens to him.
    kudos to Watson's agent.

    I don't blame the NFL owners for not wanting this contract to be a precedent.
    Steel Maniac's Time-Based Prediction: Lamar Jackson will be a bust and total flop in the NFL.

    What Actually Happened: Lamar Jackson became the youngest two-time NFL MVP winner ever.

    Gloat gloat gloat


    Boom........Knuckle up. Punk.

    My IT guy...
    Hahahahahahaha

  5. #215
    Pro Bowler

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by feltdizz View Post
    Have the Saints really got worse due to these contracts? I think they got worse since Brees retired but they are the one team that no one can really understand bow the hell they can keep signing players to these contracts given how they are always in “cap hell”
    They lost 13 players before the 2021 season started, including Trey Hendrickson. Then before this year they lost Gardner-Johnson, Williams, and Armstead, (who was huge for them for years). It was always known they were kicking the can down the road so that Brees and Payton could make some runs up to the 2020 season. The window was closed after that season, with or without Brees. They had no money left to keep all those guys.

  6. #216
    Legend

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by Steel Maniac View Post
    they keep kicking the can down the street. LOL. Look at what they are doing today! They are restructuring Michael Thomas contract now. Trying to make sure to give Carr two good targets on the outside. After all the injuries, I'm not sure how good Michael Thomas is right now. But that's what their doing.
    and restructuring Watson.. but they used the word “amend” which sounds like a pay cut.

    Kamara has legal problems and I’m sure his money is getting funny too.

    I live in Charlotte and its a running joke on sports radio that the Saints are the only team in the NFL without a cap.
    I lost a bet about Najee gaining 1300 yards.

    "Our head coach has failed to win a playoff game for seven years in a row. His game day strategy, culture of divas, in game decisions, clock management, player evaluation, hires, and affinity with sub par starters at RB, P, and OL are holding the Steelers back. That standard remains the standard"



  7. #217
    Legend

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by crushedspirit View Post
    They lost 13 players before the 2021 season started, including Trey Hendrickson. Then before this year they lost Gardner-Johnson, Williams, and Armstead, (who was huge for them for years). It was always known they were kicking the can down the road so that Brees and Payton could make some runs up to the 2020 season. The window was closed after that season, with or without Brees. They had no money left to keep all those guys.
    I wonder how many players teams lose year to year?

    I know Brees, Thomas and Kamara probably caught up to them but they also signed Hill to a weird contract (probably
    incentive based) but the headline made it seem loke they gave him a nice chunk of change considering how good he isn’t and how seldom he plays.
    I lost a bet about Najee gaining 1300 yards.

    "Our head coach has failed to win a playoff game for seven years in a row. His game day strategy, culture of divas, in game decisions, clock management, player evaluation, hires, and affinity with sub par starters at RB, P, and OL are holding the Steelers back. That standard remains the standard"



  8. #218
    Banned

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by feltdizz View Post
    and restructuring Watson.. but they used the word “amend” which sounds like a pay cut.

    Kamara has legal problems and I’m sure his money is getting funny too.

    I live in Charlotte and its a running joke on sports radio that the Saints are the only team in the NFL without a cap.
    I think they might be moving on from Kamara. His old in RB years with a lot of mileage. They could save money by drafting a new guy and trading/cutting him.

  9. #219
    Pro Bowler

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by feltdizz View Post
    I wonder how many players teams lose year to year?

    I know Brees, Thomas and Kamara probably caught up to them but they also signed Hill to a weird contract (probably
    incentive based) but the headline made it seem loke they gave him a nice chunk of change considering how good he isn’t and how seldom he plays.
    That Hill contract was weird to say the least. Depending on what position he plays, it could be 40 mil to 95 mil. Now they just offered Winston some take it or leave it amendment to his contract, and they could move on from Thomas with a post June 01 cut, but who knows. It's obvious their GM Loomis likes to operate year-to-year, but it will interesting to see what he does going forward with Brees off the books.

  10. #220
    Banned

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by feltdizz View Post
    I wonder how many players teams lose year to year?

    I know Brees, Thomas and Kamara probably caught up to them but they also signed Hill to a weird contract (probably
    incentive based) but the headline made it seem loke they gave him a nice chunk of change considering how good he isn’t and how seldom he plays.
    That Hill contract was weird. They should really move on from him now. They have a legit QB, Dalton as the backup. No need to have Hill on the roster making that type of cash.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •