Page 3 of 21 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Moderation & Board Behavior

Banned

User Info Menu

Classic. Love it.

Backup

User Info Menu

are these rules ever going to be enforced ? asking for a friend

so many threads FULL of hostility , name calling and worse ...

this place is barely readable most days and its a shame because other boards are sinking and it would give this place a chance at some resurgence of new blood but I have had a dozen people come here and say naaa not for me ill go elsewhere to post all because every single thread is full of pissing contests and NOBODY seems willing to make a stand and bring order to the place ....

the rules are only ever going to be as good as the enforcement , if you are not willing to enforce the rules essentially that means you do not have any ... /endrant
    @dwinsgames on twitter .... Kenny Pickett is who I thought he was ....

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Dwinsgames View Post

this place is barely readable most days and its a shame because other boards are sinking and it would give this place a chance at some resurgence of new blood but I have had a dozen people come here and say naaa not for me ill go elsewhere to post all because every single thread is full of pissing contests and NOBODY seems willing to make a stand and bring order to the place ....

the rules are only ever going to be as good as the enforcement , if you are not willing to enforce the rules essentially that means you do not have any ... /endrant
    What would you have us do? Ban every user that calls someone a name? Shut down threads because it turns into a pissing match? Do I get to judge when its sarcasm and when its malicious? Really? That's what you want? There would be 3 or 4 users posting on a daily basis while the rest of the board waits for their bail to be posted and get out of jail. If the users can't act like adults, I'm not going to try and force you to be an adult. 80% of the crap said on here would never be said directly to someone in a conversation for fear of getting curb stomped. Vile personal attacks are down, petty nonsense is still strong and alive and well, that is on each and every user to stop. When you make a post, read it a second time and ask yourself, would I say this to his or her face? If not, fix it, if you would, post it. The pettiness of who's right and who's wrong can only be handled by the users of this site, not the mods.

If you'd like to give me an example of someone who should be banned for behavior on this board (recently) please by all means send me the link privately and I'll take a look. I don't have time to babysit you all.

Pappy
    Last edited by papillon; 09-04-2023 at 07:03 PM.

The 2024 Pittsburgh Steeler draft

1.20 - Troy Fautanu, T, Washington
    2.51 - Zach Frazier, C, West Virginia
    3.84 - Roman Wilson, WR, Michigan
    3.98 - Payton Wilson, LB, UNC
    4.119 - Mason McCprmick, OG, S. Dakota St
    7.178 - Logan Lee, DT, Iowa
    7.195 -

"Football is a physical game, well, it used to be anyways" - Mel Blount

Backup

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by papillon View Post
    What would you have us do? Ban every user that calls someone a name? Shut down threads because it turns into a pissing match? Do I get to judge when its sarcasm and when its malicious? Really? That's what you want? There would be 3 or 4 users posting on a daily basis while the rest of the board waits for their bail to be posted and get out of jail. If the users can't act like adults, I'm not going to try and force you to be an adult. 80% of the crap said on here would never be said directly to someone in a conversation for fear of getting curb stomped. Vile personal attacks are down, petty nonsense is still strong and alive and well, that is on each and every user to stop. When you make a post, read it a second time and ask yourself, would I say this to his or her face? If not, fix it, if you would, post it. The pettiness of who's right and who's wrong can only be handled by the users of this site, not the mods.

If you'd like to give me an example of someone who should be banned for behavior on this board (recently) please by all means send me the link privately and I'll take a look. I don't have time to babysit you all.

Pappy
    what can I say , I mean you took the time to write rules and type them out , I took the time to read them ...

but its like a parent full of idle threats the child just becomes more and more unruly when they see those threats are idle ...

in the meantime this place is a disaster as I stated a dozen people from Steelers Universe came over here to check it out and I think every last one of them left in less than a week because the inmates are running the asylum ...

no worries its your asylum I can also go elsewhere its not the only game in town but you have dropped the ball on gaining many quality knowledgeable posters and I am sure you are missing out on many others as well because of some of the ones you are afraid to put in line ...

good luck

Legend

User Info Menu

Moderators - I just added the NFL TV weekly distribution map. Can we get it stuck to the top?
    Help me find my post proving I am a Yinzer!

Find the post Ovi labeled me a troll!

We want to roll people!

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Dwinsgames View Post

The banning’s have begun, are you not entertained?

Molon labe

People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf. George Orwell

?We're not going to apologize for winning.?
    Mike Tomlin

American metal pimped by asiansteel
    Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you 1. Jesus Christ, 2.The American G.I., One died for your soul, the other for your freedom.

Backup

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by fordfixer View Post
    it will in time be for the betterment of the board , you can thank me later ...when people carry on the way they had been doing here you will not attract a good base of new member but you will attract a ton of keyboard warriors and internet tough guys ... I don't know about you , never see ya around here but me personally I come to these boards to talk Steelers football not to tell everybody how tough I think I am from 900 or more miles away

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by fordfixer View Post
    Thank you, sir!

Go Steelers.
    Help me find my post proving I am a Yinzer!

Find the post Ovi labeled me a troll!

We want to roll people!

Backup

User Info Menu

Great news if this is the case!
    Quote Originally Posted by Steel Maniac View Post

Mason Rudolph and Baker Mayfield will be going at it for the next decade or so.

Backup

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Polamalubeast View Post
    Great news if this is the case!
    amen brother amen