Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: NFLPA Team Report Cards

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

NFLPA Team Report Cards

So, the NFLPA came up with this idea to help Free Agents before making any decision on where to play. Apparently questions were sent to every player across the league and 1300 responded to grade their team and compare with others.

For many years, players have brought up the idea of creating a “Free Agency Guide,” which would contain information that can help illuminate what that daily experience is like for players and their families from team to team. If knowledge is really power, then providing players with information about each club would not only help them make important career decisions, but it would also help raise the standards across each club.
    https://nflpa.com/nfl-player-team-report-cards

I think this is probably the best representation of showing which owners are willing to invest in more than what we see on the surface. You can see who is cheap, and some are very obvious which we already knew including Brown, Bidwell, and of course, Snyder. As for the Steelers, we get this,

https://nflpa.com/pittsburgh-steelers-report-card

Finishing 22nd out of 32 is not what I wanted to see, but I'm not really surprised. Either way, it's not a good look on the franchise beneath the surface. There's money that can be invested, so why not? It's time Rooney opened up the pocket book a little.

The Pittsburgh Steelers ranked 22nd in the team guide. The common theme that arose through player respondents’ feedback was a feeling that there is a lack of resources and investment into the facility. Player respondents believe that the team is understaffed in both the weight room and the training room; and, unlike the majority of the league, they do not offer a family room or daycare for the players’ families on gameday.
    Only 44% of players who responded feel like Steelers owner Art Rooney II is willing to invest money into upgrading their facilities, ranking him tied for 29th in this category.

Banned

User Info Menu

Thanks Crush..

Pretty cut and dry.

Banned

User Info Menu

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...raining-staff/

Seems the chiefs have been put on the super hot seat in regards to player injuries and staff.

Legend

User Info Menu

The treatment of families is messed up given how many players say the org feels like a family.

then again, families can be funny style so
    maybe it shouldn’t be surprising to hear.
    I lost a bet about Najee gaining 1300 yards.

"Our head coach has failed to win a playoff game for seven years in a row. His game day strategy, culture of divas, in game decisions, clock management, player evaluation, hires, and affinity with sub par starters at RB, P, and OL are holding the Steelers back. That standard remains the standard"

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Well winning cures much of the negative feedback. Some of the top scores are from bad teams who invest in these types of things yet the way they run things at the top is a complete failure.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by crushedspirit View Post
    Well winning cures much of the negative feedback. Some of the top scores are from bad teams who invest in these types of things yet the way they run things at the top is a complete failure.
    They need cushy facilities to make players feel better about getting their tails whipped every week.

"Our head coach has failed to win a playoff game for seven years in a row. His game day strategy, culture of divas, in game decisions, clock management, player evaluation, hires, and affinity with sub par starters at RB, P, and OL are holding the Steelers back. That standard remains the standard"

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by crushedspirit View Post
    Seems to me if they are trying to control their budget and spend wisely then they got the priorities right. I don't know what the 'treatment of families' even refers to so can't comment on that.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by NorthCoast View Post
    Seems to me if they are trying to control their budget and spend wisely then they got the priorities right. I don't know what the 'treatment of families' even refers to so can't comment on that.
    Daycare and family facilities on game day I believe.

I was curious what that meant to but I guess in 2023 a billion dollar org should have that available.

Especially if you are a single father with young kids or you live in a different state and want your kids to visit while you have to workout.

Legend

User Info Menu

No excuse for the weight room/training room getting such bad grades.
    whats do bad about the locker room?
    everything else?
    who gives a $hit

Legend

User Info Menu

Sure "Bad Grades" but compared to what? What is a D+ locker room for the NFL? Havent upgraded to the PS5?