Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Too old school, crusty

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by NorthCoast View Post
    Haahaahaa. Reminds me of a conversation I had with a school official while visiting colleges with my son. I was in awe at the student facilities compared to what I had when I went to school. Now they have full on food courts with national chains, student unions that rival exclusive country clubs, gymnasiums with fully state of the art equipment, and meandering floating pools! When I asked about all this infrastructure the school official said "we have to build these facilities or the students will go somewhere else". I guess I was in school for the wrong reasons (ya know, like getting a good degree).

OT: how come no names listed of 'top FA' that decided not to sign with the Steelers because of the locker rooms?
    It comes down to playing time and the chance to maximize their exposure.

I seriously doubt FA’s are making decisions based on locker room carpet thread count.
    I lost a bet about Najee gaining 1300 yards.

"Our head coach has failed to win a playoff game for seven years in a row. His game day strategy, culture of divas, in game decisions, clock management, player evaluation, hires, and affinity with sub par starters at RB, P, and OL are holding the Steelers back. That standard remains the standard"

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by whisper View Post
    What player is gonna come out and say that? Bingo, bango, play that on your banjo.
    Sure, but I think you forgot that it's more likely the FA won't sign here because Tomlin won't allow music during practices.....

Legend

User Info Menu

I want the Steelers to have adequate facilities and equipment

however

when it comes to reasons why free agents might decide to not sign with the team, it's hard for me to believe this would be anywhere near the top of the list

money is undoubtedly the biggest factor, followed by the likelihood of competing for a championship, suitability for family (housing available, schools, etc.), and other things

Legend

User Info Menu

Sure, but I think you forgot that it's more likely the FA won't sign here because Tomlin won't allow music during practices.....
    Wait, I thought players LOVED Tomlin because he was the homie and like a second Daddy?

"Our head coach has failed to win a playoff game for seven years in a row. His game day strategy, culture of divas, in game decisions, clock management, player evaluation, hires, and affinity with sub par starters at RB, P, and OL are holding the Steelers back. That standard remains the standard"

Legend

User Info Menu

Yeah, but he lets them dance on the opponent's logo so it's all good

Banned

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Buzz View Post
    Yeah, but he lets them dance on the opponent's logo so it's all good

It balances itself out.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by feltdizz View Post
    nah, this is a great article according to some.

This is great journalism. Look at all the success these other teams have had since they updated their facilities.
    yup, and just look at how many Super Bowls the Packers have won since they fired McCarthy
    Steel Maniac's Time-Based Prediction: Lamar Jackson will be a bust and total flop in the NFL.

What Actually Happened: Lamar Jackson became the youngest two-time NFL MVP winner ever.

Gloat gloat gloat

Boom........Knuckle up. Punk.

My IT guy...
    Hahahahahahaha

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by hawaiiansteel View Post
    yup, and just look at how many Super Bowls the Packers have won since they fired McCarthy
    at least show locker rooms of recent SB winners.. lol.

Most of those teams need all that flashy stuff because their franchises have been trash. Jags were once on the NFLPA list for FA’s to avoid due to the way they were treating players.

Legend

User Info Menu

Conspiracy theory - Chase Claypool was the only player to respond Re: the Steelers.

But that’s just a guess. Word is one person responded and their main gripe was the team should play more music during practice.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by flippy View Post
    Conspiracy theory - Chase Claypool was the only player to respond Re: the Steelers.

But that’s just a guess. Word is one person responded and their main gripe was the team should play more music during practice.
    Wouldn't be shocked by this if turned out to be true.

Writer: "hmmm, who did the Steelers jilt recently? I'll give him a call so I can get some dirt on the team".

CC: "don't use my name, but I wanted the coach to play more music during practices..... oh, and their locker rooms suck too"

Writer: "ooh, explosive stuff, thanks CC"