Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Steelers Management Honing in on Players at Combine. Who do you want?

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Steelers Management Honing in on Players at Combine. Who do you want?

https://steelersnow.com/pittsburgh-s...4RjUO2fQnkD8nE

Which players on this list are you interested in. Myself, I have my eyes on Overshown.

Legend

User Info Menu

If they’re looking at edge guys in the 2nd /3rd round. I guess they’re thinking of not signing highsmith to big money

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by NJ-STEELER View Post
    If they’re looking at edge guys in the 2nd /3rd round. I guess they’re thinking of not signing highsmith to big money
    or the Steelers are tired of being 1-10 when TJ Watt doesn't play.
    Steel Maniac's Time-Based Prediction: Lamar Jackson will be a bust and total flop in the NFL.

What Actually Happened: Lamar Jackson became the youngest two-time NFL MVP winner ever.

Gloat gloat gloat

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by NJ-STEELER View Post
    There is no way they can justify spending the amount of money they'll have to throw at Highsmith to sign him. Nor should they invest a crazy amount for that one position.. I see two options here, trade Watt and get a crazy amount of assets in the form of draft picks or select a player in this draft and develop him behind Highsmith in 2023. Obviously, I see a 0% chance that they'll get rid of a superstar like Watt.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by hawaiiansteel View Post
    It just goes to show us how valuable Watt really is and how much of an impact he has in games when he is healthy.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Prowler View Post
    There is no way they can justify spending the amount of money they'll have to throw at Highsmith to sign him. Nor should they invest a crazy amount for that one position.. I see two options here, trade Watt and get a crazy amount of assets in the form of draft picks or select a player in this draft and develop him behind Highsmith in 2023. Obviously, I see a 0% chance that they'll get rid of a superstar like Watt.
    agreed …..

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by hawaiiansteel View Post

By that logic
    what was the record with Mitch starting. 3-6 ??

should we draft another QB with 32 or 49th pick in the draft ?

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Prowler View Post
    Seems to me they're looking for the next Highsmith (like when they had Bud). It really depends on Highsmith's contract demands when he's a FA... Either way, they do need depth.
    2013 MNF Executive Champion!

DeVille's 2024 offseason motto: Throw KP into the deep end and let him sink or swim. If he sinks, draft a 1st round QB in 2025

Legend

User Info Menu

No clue which way they’ll go but I’m glad they’re looking at Breese. I think he could be a George Pickens type pick that goes way lower than his talent warrants because of injury.

That kid is a freak.

Banned

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by SteelerOfDeVille View Post
    Seems to me they're looking for the next Highsmith (like when they had Bud). It really depends on Highsmith's contract demands when he's a FA... Either way, they do need depth.
    They may want to keep Highsmith; But if Highsmith is out of the price range (most likely) then boom..we got our next guy up locked and loaded.