Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
Results 31 to 40 of 48

Thread: QB Has "Zero Interest" In Steelers

  1. #31
    Pro Bowler

    User Info Menu

    I can't say that I blame Rudolph for feeling this way. He did get screwed in his time here. Between Roethlisberger undermining him, Tomlin lying to him, management surrounding him with a talentless o-line and having an OC with the intelligence of a Lamar Jackson and Dwayne Haskins, he had no chance. I wish him all the best and I hope he gets an opportunity somewhere.









  2. #32
    Legend

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by NorthCoast View Post
    Guess you missed this just this week; https://steelersnow.com/taylor-lewan...s-mike-tomlin/
    Steel Maniac's Time-Based Prediction: Lamar Jackson will be a bust and total flop in the NFL.

    What Actually Happened: Lamar Jackson became the youngest two-time NFL MVP winner ever.

    Gloat gloat gloat


    Boom........Knuckle up. Punk.

    My IT guy...
    Hahahahahahaha

  3. #33
    Hall of Famer

    User Info Menu

    not sure what the story is here. Mason had his chances here and the Steelers made it very clear he's not part of their future. Sucks for him, but at least there was no confusion about where he stands with the front office and the coaches. It will be interesting to see what they do with Mitch now. He's a heavy cap hit next year for a #2 - and with Mason leaving, they need a viable backup. Maybe Josh Dobbs to the rescue?

    But I'd say the lead pipe lock pick of the year was that Rudolph wouldn't be a Steeler this Sept......
    2014 MNF EXEC CHAMPION!!!

  4. #34
    Legend

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by Prowler View Post
    Like I said earlier, I don't doubt there are players who want to play for Tomlin. I don't dispute this fact, but I also believe that some players avoid signing with the Steelers based on MT's history of false promises. I really don't have much else to add to this debate because the points can't be proven one way or another.
    And I don't doubt there are some players that don't want to play in a 'small town' like Pittsburgh but would prefer LA or NY. Every FA makes a choice based on his personal preferences and financial situation. Didn't the Steelers have a player that decided to leave after his contract to go back to his hometown (New Orleans?)?

    So, what you say may be true. But there is no public evidence of it.

  5. #35
    Legend

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by NorthCoast View Post
    And I don't doubt there are some players that don't want to play in a 'small town' like Pittsburgh but would prefer LA or NY. Every FA makes a choice based on his personal preferences and financial situation. Didn't the Steelers have a player that decided to leave after his contract to go back to his hometown (New Orleans?)?

    So, what you say may be true. But there is no public evidence of it.
    Nothing is promised in the NFL. Depth charts and playing time can change based on a variety of factors.
    I lost a bet about Najee gaining 1300 yards.

    "Our head coach has failed to win a playoff game for seven years in a row. His game day strategy, culture of divas, in game decisions, clock management, player evaluation, hires, and affinity with sub par starters at RB, P, and OL are holding the Steelers back. That standard remains the standard"



  6. #36
    Pro Bowler

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by Prowler View Post
    I can't say that I blame Rudolph for feeling this way. He did get screwed in his time here. Between Roethlisberger undermining him, Tomlin lying to him, management surrounding him with a talentless o-line and having an OC with the intelligence of a Lamar Jackson and Dwayne Haskins, he had no chance. I wish him all the best and I hope he gets an opportunity somewhere.
    MR had a legit chance to prove himself in 2019 when Ben was out for the season. Between MR and Duck Hodges at QB the Steelers finished 8-8 so I have no sympathy the guy.
    Obviously the standard is the standard.

  7. #37
    Legend

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by The Man of Steel View Post
    MR had a legit chance to prove himself in 2019 when Ben was out for the season. Between MR and Duck Hodges at QB the Steelers finished 8-8 so I have no sympathy the guy.
    yeah.. that was his shot. Feel bad for him because I thought he was starting to play well before he was concussed.

    I think he rushed back too quickly from that concussion because he knew this was his shot.

    But I really don’t feel too bad for players who can’t crack the lineup. I also have no issue with players who want to be released to try and get PT on another team. Its a business.
    I lost a bet about Najee gaining 1300 yards.

    "Our head coach has failed to win a playoff game for seven years in a row. His game day strategy, culture of divas, in game decisions, clock management, player evaluation, hires, and affinity with sub par starters at RB, P, and OL are holding the Steelers back. That standard remains the standard"



  8. #38
    Legend

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by Prowler View Post
    I can't say that I blame Rudolph for feeling this way. He did get screwed in his time here. Between Roethlisberger undermining him, Tomlin lying to him, management surrounding him with a talentless o-line and having an OC with the intelligence of a Lamar Jackson and Dwayne Haskins, he had no chance. I wish him all the best and I hope he gets an opportunity somewhere.

    "Tomlin Lying to him?" More hearsay...got any proof or just another false anti-tomlin lie?

    More lying about Tomlin on this board than he has ever done to players
    Last edited by Oviedo; 02-06-2023 at 10:45 AM.
    "My team, may they always be right, but right or wrong...MY TEAM!"

  9. #39
    Legend

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by Oviedo View Post
    "Tomlin Lying to him?" More hearsay...got any proof or just another false anti-tomlin lie?

    More lying about Tomlin on this board than he has ever done to players
    I highly doubt Tomlin is telling players they have a starting position that can’t be lost to competition if they sign with us.
    I lost a bet about Najee gaining 1300 yards.

    "Our head coach has failed to win a playoff game for seven years in a row. His game day strategy, culture of divas, in game decisions, clock management, player evaluation, hires, and affinity with sub par starters at RB, P, and OL are holding the Steelers back. That standard remains the standard"



  10. #40
    Banned

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by The Man of Steel View Post
    MR had a legit chance to prove himself in 2019 when Ben was out for the season. Between MR and Duck Hodges at QB the Steelers finished 8-8 so I have no sympathy the guy.
    I've got a bit of sympathy for him. Here's why...

    Let's be truthful, ....we don't know if we had (or have) the right guys to develop a starting QB in this league. Most teams in this league don't. Which is another reason why all these highly rated QB's come out of college and bust; they just don't bust because of there doing; they bust also because there is maybe 15 entities in this league who know how to develop QB's. Maybe.

    So If he can get with one of those entities, that would be the best thing for his career at this point. So I wish him well and hope he can hook up with someone who really knows that their doing.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •