Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: OT: Brady Retires Again

Legend

User Info Menu

OT: Brady Retires Again

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Feels just like yesterday that I was screaming at my TV when the Steelers picked Tee Martin instead of Brady. They really should have listened to me.
    Obviously the standard is the standard.

Legend

User Info Menu

Business decision. He'll likely make more sitting in a studio than any team would offer him to play QB.

(And to think he wrecked his marriage for an 8-9 season. Talk about going out on a low)

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by The Man of Steel View Post
    Feels just like yesterday that I was screaming at my TV when the Steelers picked Tee Martin instead of Brady. They really should have listened to me.
    Brings up an interesting question -- do you think Brady would have had anywhere near the career he's had if he'd been drafted by the Steelers, and had to play under the system the Steelers ran?

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by NorthCoast View Post
    Business decision. He'll likely make more sitting in a studio than any team would offer him to play QB.

(And to think he wrecked his marriage for an 8-9 season. Talk about going out on a low)
    His marriage was likely already going under, and wouldn't have lasted much longer.

For a competitor like Brady, I think he had to find out, for himself, on the field, that it was time to hang it up. I mean, otherwise, he would've always had this nagging questioning in the back of his head, "Did I quit too soon? Could I have gotten back to football glory?" He came back, gave it his best shot -- and fell short. And not just barely. He had a losing season. I don't think he wants to go through that again. I think now he's settled in his mind that it's time, and he can now move on to his post-playing life.

Legend

User Info Menu

Came back to get Lefty fired.. smh.

Thanks Booty
    I lost a bet about Najee gaining 1300 yards.

"Our head coach has failed to win a playoff game for seven years in a row. His game day strategy, culture of divas, in game decisions, clock management, player evaluation, hires, and affinity with sub par starters at RB, P, and OL are holding the Steelers back. That standard remains the standard"

Banned

User Info Menu

yeah...he really f*cked up. He should have never went to the Bucs in the first place. Should have quit right there. Didn't take his wife long to move on; she had a new guy in 3 weeks....obviously he was waiting in the wings or.....

Legend

User Info Menu

We have no idea what wrecked his marriage, it could be a thousand things. And if was him wanting to pay and her wanting him to quit, that could have been a microcosm of a larger problem.

Banned

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by whisper View Post
    We have no idea what wrecked his marriage, it could be a thousand things. And if was him wanting to pay and her wanting him to quit, that could have been a microcosm of a larger problem.
    Good point...... all I know is the new guy was there before we could blink.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Buzz View Post
    His marriage was likely already going under, and wouldn't have lasted much longer.

For a competitor like Brady, I think he had to find out, for himself, on the field, that it was time to hang it up. I mean, otherwise, he would've always had this nagging questioning in the back of his head, "Did I quit too soon? Could I have gotten back to football glory?" He came back, gave it his best shot -- and fell short. And not just barely. He had a losing season. I don't think he wants to go through that again. I think now he's settled in his mind that it's time, and he can now move on to his post-playing life.
    It's not like he quit at 32, nor 42. He quit at 45. He played longer at a higher level than anyone in the history of the sport. Who else came close to winning a Super Bowl at 43? Rarified air.