Page 17 of 20 FirstFirst ... 71516171819 ... LastLast

Thread: Why are you even here?

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Shawn View Post
    Here as in this forum? Well, personally I post much less than I used to for various reasons. Between the trolls and those who flame members for disagreeing with them…it’s just not that entertaining anymore. Here as in a fan? Well, I’ve been a fan since 1982. Whether the team does well or poorly that won’t change. Complaining is part of being a fan. Celebrating is part of being a fan. I don’t see the team through rose colored glasses nor do I hate everything the team does. I think discussion here has gotten to the point of hostile more times than not.
    Complaining is fine, but voice your complaints and move on, these guys turn every thread into a Mike Tomlin hate fest.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.wizard View Post
    Complaining is fine, but voice your complaints and move on, these guys turn every thread into a Mike Tomlin hate fest.

And therein lies the problem. They know Tomlin isn't going anywhere but yet they cut and paste the same pejorative staementsover and over...no matter what the thread topic. No one would have issues, and others may enjoy them on the board and valued members, if they actually discussed football, but they are so invested in their hatred of Tomlin they can't.

Lent is coming up...how about eliminating the hate for Lent?
    "My team, may they always be right, but right or wrong...MY TEAM!"

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Steel Maniac View Post
    I totally agree with you.

Shawn, for what it's worth, I do enjoy your post and I particularly enjoy your draft thoughts before the draft. I'm not saying I agree with you on everything but I've never made you out to be a villian if (when) I don't agree with your opinion on something. I thought that's what a posting room was about. Different opinions. But this one isn't. If you don't agree with a segment of the room that Tomlin is the greatest thing since French toast then you are called names and when you call them names back, you are banned by mods who are part of that segment.

Shawn, I look forward to your draft insight. Thanks.
    Names?
    You call my side names all the time.
    What "name" do I call you Maniac?

You cannot handle spirited debate and you know it.
    From the day you showed up you block people who disagree with you (Including Shawn).

So stop with pretending to be open to other views.
    You are not.
    Last edited by Captain Lemming; 02-03-2023 at 06:37 PM.

In view of the fact that Mike Tomlin has matched Cowhers record I give him the designation:

TCFCLTC-
    The Coach Formerly Considered Less Than Cowher

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Oviedo View Post
    And therein lies the problem. They know Tomlin isn't going anywhere but yet they cut and paste the same pejorative staementsover and over...no matter what the thread topic. No one would have issues, and others may enjoy them on the board and valued members, if they actually discussed football, but they are so invested in their hatred of Tomlin they can't.

As a recovering Catholic, I endorse this idea. Do we all put hypocycloid ashes on our foreheads on Ash Wednesday?

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Oviedo View Post

Quote Originally Posted by WindyCitySteel View Post
    As a recovering Catholic, I endorse this idea. Do we all put hypocycloid ashes on our foreheads on Ash Wednesday?
    We rage on brothers.
    We call it "Vio-Lent"
    Last edited by Captain Lemming; 02-03-2023 at 06:52 PM.

In view of the fact that Mike Tomlin has matched Cowhers record I give him the designation:

TCFCLTC-
    The Coach Formerly Considered Less Than Cowher

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by WindyCitySteel View Post
    I read that as Cathaholic. lol
    I lost a bet about Najee gaining 1300 yards.

"Our head coach has failed to win a playoff game for seven years in a row. His game day strategy, culture of divas, in game decisions, clock management, player evaluation, hires, and affinity with sub par starters at RB, P, and OL are holding the Steelers back. That standard remains the standard"

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Lemming View Post
    Names?
    You call my side names all the time.
    What "name" do I call you Maniac?

You cannot handle spirited debate and you know it.
    From the day you showed up you block people who disagree with you (Including Shawn).

So stop with pretending to be open to other views.
    You are not.
    he calls people TTT’s whatever that means and ballwashers and has the nerve to claim he is called names.

You know this dude was a snitch as a kid.. lol.
    I lost a bet about Najee gaining 1300 yards.

"Our head coach has failed to win a playoff game for seven years in a row. His game day strategy, culture of divas, in game decisions, clock management, player evaluation, hires, and affinity with sub par starters at RB, P, and OL are holding the Steelers back. That standard remains the standard"

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Lemming View Post
    Actually very few fans don't like Cowher. People like me point his limitations only to show what Tomlin has done.

I did the same thing comparing Cowher to Noll before Tomlin showed up.

Dont forget, I was rooting for Cowher at a time when you wanted him fired.

no. There were plenty of people in the message boards that didn’t like him at the time he was coaching.

I liked both cowher and tomlin when they first took over.

I had enough seeing the same thing over and over.

just like how sone people don’t like lebeau.
    Or ones that didnt like Ben.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

well, in the larger picture - in the mid 60's the sexual revolution was just hitting it's stride while my parents were in college. They never told me why they went to Maryland to get hitched - but I suspect my impending birth was my first excursion towards being an 'influencer'. That's why I'm here.

As for this board? I'm here because the Trib board turned into a dumpster fire and I was extended a PM inviting me over here. While I've agreed with some, disagreed with others - I hope I was never some Dbag who was more concerned about always being right, always having the last word and treating other posters like crap. I believe that's why I was invited. For the majority of the time here, this board has been fairly civil and entertaining. That's why I keep coming back.

But I will also point out over the last year or two - it has been dominated by a few childish posters that would have fit in quite nicely at the Trib, and are the examples of why most of us left there to come here.

as to why I'm here with respect to the Steelers?

I'm hopeful the Steelers continue the rebuild and have a great year next year.
    I'm hopeful Canada exceeds my expectations (the bar is set very low sadly)
    I'm hopeful Tomlin wins 3 more SB's to prove me wrong.
    I'm hopeful this board becomes a bit more civil and a bit more entertaining as opposed to fatiguing.

Time will tell on all counts......
    2014 MNF EXEC CHAMPION!!!

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Starlifter View Post
    well, in the larger picture - in the mid 60's the sexual revolution was just hitting it's stride while my parents were in college. They never told me why they went to Maryland to get hitched - but I suspect my impending birth was my first excursion towards being an 'influencer'. That's why I'm here.

As for this board? I'm here because the Trib board turned into a dumpster fire and I was extended a PM inviting me over here. While I've agreed with some, disagreed with others - I hope I was never some Dbag who was more concerned about always being right, always having the last word and treating other posters like crap. I believe that's why I was invited. For the majority of the time here, this board has been fairly civil and entertaining. That's why I keep coming back.

But I will also point out over the last year or two - it has been dominated by a few childish posters that would have fit in quite nicely at the Trib, and are the examples of why most of us left there to come here.

as to why I'm here with respect to the Steelers?

I'm hopeful the Steelers continue the rebuild and have a great year next year.
    I'm hopeful Canada exceeds my expectations (the bar is set very low sadly)
    I'm hopeful Tomlin wins 3 more SB's to prove me wrong.
    I'm hopeful this board becomes a bit more civil and a bit more entertaining as opposed to fatiguing.

Time will tell on all counts......
    100% agree on all counts. Our journey to get here is the same.

It is sad that some "message board ANTIFA" members are allowed to contribute nothing but chaos and discord like a few did on the Trib board. They are a cancer that needs to be cut out but no one seems to want to do that.
    "My team, may they always be right, but right or wrong...MY TEAM!"