Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: Burrowhead

Starter

User Info Menu

Actually, I didn't realize how big Mahomes' cap hit was this year. I just kind of assumed they had restructured him. Almost $36MM... Another good test for the 13% threshold.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by SteelerOfDeVille View Post
    Honestly, I think it'll be below $40 and closer to $30...
    No way.. now he may structure it so the cap hit is under $40 mill the first few hears but no freaking way is Joe taking a haircut like that on his first contract.

If he did, you best believe he will have a Joe Breezy shop in the stadium
    somewhere.
    I lost a bet about Najee gaining 1300 yards.

"Our head coach has failed to win a playoff game for seven years in a row. His game day strategy, culture of divas, in game decisions, clock management, player evaluation, hires, and affinity with sub par starters at RB, P, and OL are holding the Steelers back. That standard remains the standard"

Banned

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by hackjam View Post
    Actually, I didn't realize how big Mahomes' cap hit was this year. I just kind of assumed they had restructured him. Almost $36MM... Another good test for the 13% threshold.
    Yeah.. that 13% threshold thing has been consistent. And being down two wide receivers as well? Could be a long day for him.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Steel Maniac View Post
    That's it!!! And can you imagine if Mahomes comes to that same epiphany as well? And Josh Allen?
    Mahomes is in the Superbowl and getting paid.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by papillon View Post
    Won't the NFLPA will have something to say about that steep of a discount? I don't think they're going to allow a 20 million dollar discount.

Pappy
    Exactly, no way NFLPA lets that happen.

Legend

User Info Menu

I think it will be right around that 40 mark. Mahomes is at 50 and the cap just went up. So 40 is breathable for a franchise to keep the cupboard stocked with good players around the QB.
    People are acting like the % of a QB salary to the team cap is all-powerful, all-telling stat, it's not, not even close. The far bigger part of the total picture is how well the team does at drafting and re-stocking the team with 1st contract talent. If KC is being so drained by Mahomes' contract, why is it they are the more talented team compared to almost all others? Want to compare their OL to ours? Who's is better? Who has better DBs? Better TEs? Better skill players? But how can that be possible, since Mahomes contract is so big? Who has the better DL?

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by whisper View Post
    People are acting like the % of a QB salary to the team cap is all-powerful, all-telling stat, it's not, not even close. The far bigger part of the total picture is how well the team does at drafting and re-stocking the team with 1st contract talent. If KC is being so drained by Mahomes' contract, why is it they are the more talented team compared to almost all others? Want to compare their OL to ours? Who's is better? Who has better DBs? Better TEs? Better skill players? But how can that be possible, since Mahomes contract is so big? Who has the better DL?
    Compared to all others? What?

KC has the best QB in the game and a great TE. The end.

"Our head coach has failed to win a playoff game for seven years in a row. His game day strategy, culture of divas, in game decisions, clock management, player evaluation, hires, and affinity with sub par starters at RB, P, and OL are holding the Steelers back. That standard remains the standard"

Legend

User Info Menu

The percent of the cap is used to debunk the idea that paying a QB destroys the roster and sets the team back. It shows that the important part of the contract is not the amount but the structure.

Banned

User Info Menu

Well, I believe no QB has won a Super Bowl since 1994 (Steve Young..and that's just because the salary cap started that year) with 12% threshold. I believe that's a fact. That could change with a Mahomes victory. But it is what it is until it happens. I'd like to see Mahomes win it.
    Last edited by Steel Maniac; 02-06-2023 at 03:43 PM.

Legend

User Info Menu

Well, I believe no QB has win a Super Bowl since 1994 (Steve Young..and that's just because the salary cap started that year) with 12% threshold. I believe that's a fact. That could change with a Mahomes victory. But it is what it is until it happens. I'd like to see Mahomes win it.
    If KC wins the storyline will be how Mahommes willed a team to victory on one leg with a bunch of nobodies at WR.

That was the story in the second half of the championship game.

but if the Iggles treat KC the way they treated SF the storyline will be because the Iggles have Hurts on a rookie deal and can afford more playmakers.