X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • whisper
    Legend
    • Mar 2020

Originally posted by Steel Maniac
    I think it will be right around that 40 mark. Mahomes is at 50 and the cap just went up. So 40 is breathable for a franchise to keep the cupboard stocked with good players around the QB.
    People are acting like the % of a QB salary to the team cap is all-powerful, all-telling stat, it's not, not even close. The far bigger part of the total picture is how well the team does at drafting and re-stocking the team with 1st contract talent. If KC is being so drained by Mahomes' contract, why is it they are the more talented team compared to almost all others? Want to compare their OL to ours? Who's is better? Who has better DBs? Better TEs? Better skill players? But how can that be possible, since Mahomes contract is so big? Who has the better DL?

Comment

• feltdizz
      Legend
      • May 2008

Originally posted by whisper
      People are acting like the % of a QB salary to the team cap is all-powerful, all-telling stat, it's not, not even close. The far bigger part of the total picture is how well the team does at drafting and re-stocking the team with 1st contract talent. If KC is being so drained by Mahomes' contract, why is it they are the more talented team compared to almost all others? Want to compare their OL to ours? Who's is better? Who has better DBs? Better TEs? Better skill players? But how can that be possible, since Mahomes contract is so big? Who has the better DL?
      Compared to all others? What?

KC has the best QB in the game and a great TE. The end.
      Giants 10
      Steelers 31

Comment

• Mr.wizard
        Legend
        • May 2014

The percent of the cap is used to debunk the idea that paying a QB destroys the roster and sets the team back. It shows that the important part of the contract is not the amount but the structure.

Comment

• Steel Maniac
          Banned
          • Apr 2017

Well, I believe no QB has won a Super Bowl since 1994 (Steve Young..and that's just because the salary cap started that year) with 12% threshold. I believe that's a fact. That could change with a Mahomes victory. But it is what it is until it happens. I'd like to see Mahomes win it.
          Last edited by Steel Maniac; 02-06-2023, 03:43 PM.

Comment

• feltdizz
            Legend
            • May 2008

Originally posted by Steel Maniac
            Well, I believe no QB has win a Super Bowl since 1994 (Steve Young..and that's just because the salary cap started that year) with 12% threshold. I believe that's a fact. That could change with a Mahomes victory. But it is what it is until it happens. I'd like to see Mahomes win it.
            If KC wins the storyline will be how Mahommes willed a team to victory on one leg with a bunch of nobodies at WR.

That was the story in the second half of the championship game.

but if the Iggles treat KC the way they treated SF the storyline will be because the Iggles have Hurts on a rookie deal and can afford more playmakers.
            Giants 10
            Steelers 31

Comment

• NorthCoast
              Legend
              • Sep 2008

Originally posted by feltdizz
              If KC wins the storyline will be how Mahommes willed a team to victory on one leg with a bunch of nobodies at WR.

That was the story in the second half of the championship game.

but if the Iggles treat KC the way they treated SF the storyline will be because the Iggles have Hurts on a rookie deal and can afford more playmakers.
              There's Mahomes and Burrows, then everyone else;

Comment

• hawaiiansteel
                Legend
                • May 2008

Originally posted by NorthCoast
                Baker Mayfield
                Steel Maniac's Time-Based Prediction: Lamar Jackson will be a bust and total flop in the NFL.

What Actually Happened: Lamar Jackson became the youngest two-time NFL MVP winner ever.

Gloat gloat gloat

Boom........Knuckle up. Punk.

My IT guy...
                Hahahahahahaha

Comment

• feltdizz
                  Legend
                  • May 2008

I’m having a hard time seeing KC win this game.
                  Giants 10
                  Steelers 31

Comment

• Northern_Blitz
                    Legend
                    • Dec 2008

Looks like Philly maybe had a pretty easy schedule (at least re: playing top-half defenses).

I'd bet that KP looks OK vs. what rookies typically do. Would be nice if he can get into the top right quadrant next season.

Comment

• feltdizz
                      Legend
                      • May 2008

Originally posted by Northern_Blitz
                      Looks like Philly maybe had a pretty easy schedule (at least re: playing top-half defenses).

I'd bet that KP looks OK vs. what rookies typically do. Would be nice if he can get into the top right quadrant next season.
                      I believe Giants and Philly had pretty easy schedules. I think KC had one of the hardest which may be why Philly looks healthy and KC looks beat up.
                      Giants 10
                      Steelers 31

Comment

Working...