Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Trade down with our fist pick in round two, getting back a mid second 2nd, 3rd and 6t

Legend

User Info Menu

Trade down with our fist pick in round two, getting back a mid second 2nd, 3rd and 6t

Trade down with our second round pick ( Pick #32 ), getting back a mid second 2nd, 3rd and 6th round pick? Hmmm... because we have so may needs I say yes to this.

This would give the following draft picks"

A 1st round pick
    Two 2nd round picks
    two 3rd round picks
    A 4th round pick
    A six round pick
    Two 7th rounds picks.
    Last edited by Joel Buchsbaum; 01-27-2023 at 03:53 PM.
    Tomlin hasn't won a playoff game in seven years and counting. The earliest will be eight years. I guess that in Art Rooney's II, opinion is worth a 3 year extension.

Our 2024 draft looks to be grade A. Our 2023 draft is an A. The roster is talented, but Mike Tomlin is still the head coach.

*** Mike Tomlin is the best coach since the AFL- NFL merger that has not won a playoff game in 8 seasons or more. It's either him or Lewis. ***

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Joel Buchsbaum View Post
    Trade down with our second round pick ( Pick #32 ), getting back a mid second 2nd, 3rd and 6th round pick? Hmmm... because we have so may needs I say yes to this.

This would give the following draft picks"

A 1st round pick
    Three 2nd round picks
    Two 3rd round picks
    A 4th round pick
    A six round pick
    Two 7th rounds picks.
    It all depends if there is a special player there with our pick or not.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by whisper View Post
    It all depends if there is a special player there with our pick or not.
    There will be no special player that 25+ teams pass on. This is pick #32. Would you trade down and pick up a mid 2nd, 3rd and 6th or not?
    Tomlin hasn't won a playoff game in seven years and counting. The earliest will be eight years. I guess that in Art Rooney's II, opinion is worth a 3 year extension.

Our 2024 draft looks to be grade A. Our 2023 draft is an A. The roster is talented, but Mike Tomlin is still the head coach.

*** Mike Tomlin is the best coach since the AFL- NFL merger that has not won a playoff game in 8 seasons or more. It's either him or Lewis. ***

Legend

User Info Menu

I would probably do that regardless of who available at 32

but we would not have three 2nd rounders.
    Just 2 in the 40s

and two 3rd rnders

Legend

User Info Menu

Let's see...

Per this trade chart, our 32nd pick (590) is worth about the same as Det's 48 (420) + 81 (185).

But they're already slightly overpaying at that point, so it would probably be use giving up the later round pick.

Unfortunately, we don't currently have a pick between 119 (56) and 235 (1). We also have 242 (1).

It's pretty close to even with just our 32 for their two picks. Maybe they'd want both our 7ths?

Not sure where you got this information from, but this was one option where I could get something close to that.

I think it depends on who's on the board. My guess is that there's still an appreciable difference between 32 and 48. But maybe it's worth having the extra lottery ticket in the 3rd.

But having 3 picks in the top 50 sounds good to me.

Legend

User Info Menu

There will be no special player that 25+ teams pass on. This is pick #32. Would you trade down and pick up a mid 2nd, 3rd and 6th or not?
    Najee Harris was the 24th pick...errrrrrrrr, wait a minute, better example. TJ Watt was the 30th pick of his draft. He's a little bit "special." Cam was 31st in his draft. Pretty special too. Hood was 32nd and was absolute garbage, but still, TJ and Cam were special.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

If there will be no special players there why would anyone trade up?

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Iron City Inc. View Post
    If there will be no special players there why would anyone trade up?
    haha.. right? There are plenty of special players left on the board.

Wasn’t Tee Higgins picked #33?

That 32 pick is a premium because everyone is going to go home and salivate over players that are left and a few teams will beg us to move up for that player.

Just depends on what WE are focused on at 32 and if we feel we can get him at 40ish.

Personally tho, I think what we want will be riiiight there at 32. Should be a busy night for the phone companies.
    I lost a bet about Najee gaining 1300 yards.

"Our head coach has failed to win a playoff game for seven years in a row. His game day strategy, culture of divas, in game decisions, clock management, player evaluation, hires, and affinity with sub par starters at RB, P, and OL are holding the Steelers back. That standard remains the standard"

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by feltdizz View Post
    haha.. right? There are plenty of special players left on the board.

Wasn’t Tee Higgins picked #33?

That 32 pick is a premium because everyone is going to go home and salivate over players that are left and a few teams will beg us to move up for that player.

Just depends on what WE are focused on at 32 and if we feel we can get him at 40ish.

Personally tho, I think what we want will be riiiight there at 32. Should be a busy night for the phone companies.
    If I could "like"this I would. perfect place to wait and see what is offered

Legend

User Info Menu

The biggest thing is teams will have more then 15 minutes (the wait time for the true 32nd pick) to try and make a deal.

This pick bring the 1st pick in the 2nd round. Teams will have 12 hours to make a deal