Page 31 of 53 FirstFirst ... 21293031323341 ... LastLast
Results 301 to 310 of 522

Thread: The difference between Purdy and Pickett

  1. #301
    Backup

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by feltdizz View Post
    lmao.. now that is funny. Lets take away every coaches and players best 4 years and see how they stack up.
    The problem is that his best 4 seasons were his first 4. You admitted as much. The trend in troubling.

  2. #302
    Legend

    User Info Menu

    Let’s be real here.

    there’s a reason he was forced to keep cowher’s coordinators

    Maybe it something Rooney shoukd have kept in place with hires like fitchner and Canada.

  3. #303
    Legend

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by Joel Buchsbaum View Post
    A roster that has only four player nominated for the Hall of fame and several other players that made the pro bowl. Tomlin inherited this and hall of fame QB in his prime. Yeah buddy, it was stacked as I said. Tomlin only drafted one starter on offense or defense in his one super bowl win. Remember?
    That same team went 8-8 in 2006 and missed the playoffs. It wasnt some stacked roster that was dominating the league. We had good players mainly on defense, but if you look at the offensive side of the ball we were pretty mediocre.

    QB Ben
    RB Parker
    FB Davis
    TE Miller
    WR Holmes
    WR ward
    OL Smith, Faneca, Mahan, Simmons, Colon.

  4. #304
    Legend

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by ROLROC View Post
    The problem is that his best 4 seasons were his first 4. You admitted as much. The trend in troubling.
    Only if your using playoff wins as your sole criteria, the rest of his career was just as good except we didnt reach the SB in the other 7 times we made the playoffs.

  5. #305
    Legend

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by Mr.wizard View Post
    Only if your using playoff wins as your sole criteria, the rest of his career was just as good except we didnt reach the SB in the other 7 times we made the playoffs.
    3-7 playoff record, 10 of 12 years w/o a playoff win.

    It's not the sole criteria, but it's the most important. He's had a very Schottenheimer-esque career the last 12 years.

  6. #306
    Legend

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by NJ-STEELER View Post
    Let’s be real here.

    there’s a reason he was forced to keep cowher’s coordinators

    Maybe it something Rooney shoukd have kept in place with hires like fitchner and Canada.
    The reason is Cowher wasn’t fired for being a bad head coach. Why would we get rid of our whole staff when the only one’s who wanted to move on were Cowher and Whiz (if he didn’t get the job).

    Blow up the whole coaching staff because Cowher left after a .500 season?
    I lost a bet about Najee gaining 1300 yards.

    "Our head coach has failed to win a playoff game for seven years in a row. His game day strategy, culture of divas, in game decisions, clock management, player evaluation, hires, and affinity with sub par starters at RB, P, and OL are holding the Steelers back. That standard remains the standard"



  7. #307
    Legend

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by WindyCitySteel View Post
    3-7 playoff record, 10 of 12 years w/o a playoff win.

    It's not the sole criteria, but it's the most important. He's had a very Schottenheimer-esque career the last 12 years.
    I think most teams would take that level of success when you add in the SB appearances in 2 of those other 3 years.
    I lost a bet about Najee gaining 1300 yards.

    "Our head coach has failed to win a playoff game for seven years in a row. His game day strategy, culture of divas, in game decisions, clock management, player evaluation, hires, and affinity with sub par starters at RB, P, and OL are holding the Steelers back. That standard remains the standard"



  8. #308
    Banned

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by NJ-STEELER View Post
    Let’s be real here.

    there’s a reason he was forced to keep cowher’s coordinators

    Maybe it something Rooney should have kept in place with hires like fitchner and Canada.
    Your hitting on a point that is going to open up a whole new can of worms. Just saying............

  9. #309
    Legend

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by feltdizz View Post
    I think most teams would take that level of success when you add in the SB appearances in 2 of those other 3 years.
    the Lions, Jaguars, Texans and of course our beloved Cleveland Browns have never even played in a Super Bowl, much less won the game.
    Steel Maniac's Time-Based Prediction: Lamar Jackson will be a bust and total flop in the NFL.

    What Actually Happened: Lamar Jackson became the youngest two-time NFL MVP winner ever.

    Gloat gloat gloat

  10. #310
    Legend

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by Mr.wizard View Post
    That same team went 8-8 in 2006 and missed the playoffs. It wasnt some stacked roster that was dominating the league. We had good players mainly on defense, but if you look at the offensive side of the ball we were pretty mediocre.

    QB Ben
    RB Parker
    FB Davis
    TE Miller
    WR Holmes
    WR ward
    OL Smith, Faneca, Mahan, Simmons, Colon.
    You are really using the year ( 2006 ) Ben was likely concussed and slammed his head through a windshield three years before we won his second super bowl with Bill Cowher' s 21 of 22 players to make your point in 2009 to say we didn't have a healthy and loaded roster when Tomlin took over and won his super bowl? Really? Come on Mr. Wizard.
    The Steelers had a great draft in 2023. However better play calling / coaching is badly needed. Tomlin is hasn't won a playoff game in seven years and counting. Nor has hired anyone good to his coaching staff. Think about that. Mike Tomlin says, " hell yeah we've got to make some changes. " We are waiting. But Khan and Weidl appear to have better management on the salary cap and draft needs. How much we sign player for in 2nd and 3rd contracts need some major work.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •