Page 39 of 53 FirstFirst ... 29373839404149 ... LastLast

Thread: The difference between Purdy and Pickett

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Steel Maniac View Post
    Yeah!!...but let's finish the story...then after those players (and coaches) left, when Tomlin drafted and coached his own players for the next 13 years, he couldn't sniff a Super Bowl!!

Don't just tell the part of the story that you want; tell the WHOLE STORY!!
    What do you consider "sniffing a superbowl"? Because:

2014 wild card round
    2015 divisional round
    2016 afc championship game
    2017 divisional round
    2020 wild card round
    2021 wild card round

And technically Ben retired last year so this would have been Tomlins first year without "Cowhers players"

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by NorthCoast View Post
    The roster that Cowher coached to an 8-8 season his last year? The one that Tomlin coached to #2 defense in the NFL (from 11th) in his first season? The Cowher offense where Roethlisberger threw at an almost 5% INT rate, then Tomlin coached him to half that the next season?
    Troy P had 5 INT’s COMBINED in 2005 and 2006.

In Troy’s first 4 years with Cowher he had 10 INT’s.

In Troys first 4 years with Tomlin he had 17.

No one can argue we didn’t have good players on our team from the Cowher years BUT you can’t give Cowher all the credit for their production once he retired.

But they damn sure try.. lol.

We won.. THANKS COWHER
    We lost.. THANKS TOMLIN
    Last edited by feltdizz; 02-03-2023 at 04:47 PM.
    I lost a bet about Najee gaining 1300 yards.

"Our head coach has failed to win a playoff game for seven years in a row. His game day strategy, culture of divas, in game decisions, clock management, player evaluation, hires, and affinity with sub par starters at RB, P, and OL are holding the Steelers back. That standard remains the standard"

Legend

User Info Menu

You guys are absolutely ****ting yourselves saying Tomlin inherited bums. Troll territory, because I know you don't believe a word of what you're typing.

The 2006 team had a rough year for a lot of reasons, lack of talent wasn't one of them. Just stop. It's embarrassing watching you belittle those players.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by WindyCitySteel View Post
    You guys are absolutely ****ting yourselves saying Tomlin inherited bums. Troll territory, because I know you don't believe a word of what you're typing.

The 2006 team had a rough year for a lot of reasons, lack of talent wasn't one of them. Just stop. It's embarrassing watching you belittle those players.
    See, the problem is you see things in Black and white.

No shades of gray.

Where did anyone say we had bums?
    I lost a bet about Najee gaining 1300 yards.

"Our head coach has failed to win a playoff game for seven years in a row. His game day strategy, culture of divas, in game decisions, clock management, player evaluation, hires, and affinity with sub par starters at RB, P, and OL are holding the Steelers back. That standard remains the standard"

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

LOL, Ben goes through a windshield almost ending his life, then has an appendectomy before the start of 2006.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

There is no comparison between Pickett and Purdy. Pickett is 1000% better.

Banned

User Info Menu

They will do anything...absolutely anything to deflect the truth about Tomlin. They will even belittle Terry Bradshaw. THAT'S why we call them TTT'ers.

Legend

User Info Menu

Nobody made that argument

Legend

User Info Menu

"bums" was hyperbole, but still, way too much stock put into 8-8 (which again, gets parades now), Troy's INT numbers, Ben's off year, etc.

Sorry, that roster and coaching staff was fantastic for whoever took over.

Legend

User Info Menu

@ Feltdizz.

Tomlin inserted a super bowl roster and fine staff of coaching. And I think a hall of fame GM. The 2008 Pittsburgh Steelers. Consider the following.

Offense: Bruce Arians and QB coach Ken Anderson. Defense. Dick Lebeau

GM Kevin Colbert

HOF nominated players, Ben, Troy, Harrison and Ward.

Other very good players: Parker , Miller, Hampton, Smith, Farrior, Timmons, and Taylor .

He inherited four men nominated for the pro football hall of fame. Ben, Troy, Harrison, and Ward.

Even you could take this team to the superbowl letting Bruce and Dick run the show. Tomlin did not change one thing! Even his old 4-3 defense with cover two wasn't implemented over our 3-4 defense.
    Last edited by Joel Buchsbaum; 02-03-2023 at 06:55 PM.
    Tomlin hasn't won a playoff game in seven years and counting. The earliest will be eight years. I guess that in Art Rooney's II, opinion is worth a 3 year extension.

Our 2024 draft looks to be grade A. Our 2023 draft is an A. The roster is talented, but Mike Tomlin is still the head coach.

*** Mike Tomlin is the best coach since the AFL- NFL merger that has not won a playoff game in 8 seasons or more. It's either him or Lewis. ***