Page 1 of 53 1231151 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 522

Thread: The difference between Purdy and Pickett

  1. #1
    Legend

    User Info Menu

    The difference between Purdy and Pickett

    https://www.si.com/nfl/steelers/gm-r...-kenny-pickett

    Well, some media people are truthful, case in point.

    Pgh is too damn scared to let Pickett throw to the middle of the field unless it's late in the 4th. 9 out of the top 10 highest scoring teams made the playoffs. And the 4 remaining teams all were.

    KC - 1st
    Philly - 2nd
    SF - 4th
    Cinci - 7th

    But we're supposed to believe we are actually gonna contend with the 26th scoring offense? Oh, you say we are going to improve there? By how much? From 18 ppg to 20? 21? That still won't get us there. If we coach as we have been, we aren't even gonna come close to contending. Not even close. Cool Shades way is FAIL, bottom line.

  2. #2
    Banned

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by whisper View Post
    https://www.si.com/nfl/steelers/gm-r...-kenny-pickett

    Well, some media people are truthful, case in point.

    Pgh is too damn scared to let Pickett throw to the middle of the field unless it's late in the 4th. 9 out of the top 10 highest scoring teams made the playoffs. And the 4 remaining teams all were.

    KC - 1st
    Philly - 2nd
    SF - 4th
    Cinci - 7th

    But we're supposed to believe we are actually gonna contend with the 26th scoring offense? Oh, you say we are going to improve there? By how much? From 18 ppg to 20? 21? That still won't get us there. If we coach as we have been, we aren't even gonna come close to contending. Not even close. Cool Shades way is FAIL, bottom line.
    Whisper, we are stuck with Canada. So we've got to just sit back and let it happen. Let's see if we add a real weapon to go along with Pickens and then upgrade the O-line. THEN...it will be time to revisit this again. But there's no need to keep debating it. If Canada is a bum, he'll show his bumness even more this coming season. There will be no debating it then.

  3. #3
    Legend

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by Steel Maniac View Post
    Whisper, we are stuck with Canada. So we've got to just sit back and let it happen. Let's see if we add a real weapon to go along with Pickens and then upgrade the O-line. THEN...it will be time to revisit this again. But there's no need to keep debating it. If Canada is a bum, he'll show his bumness even more this coming season. There will be no debating it then.
    C'mon...if he isn't complaining he has nothing to post
    "My team, may they always be right, but right or wrong...MY TEAM!"

  4. #4
    Legend

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by Steel Maniac View Post
    Whisper, we are stuck with Canada. So we've got to just sit back and let it happen. Let's see if we add a real weapon to go along with Pickens and then upgrade the O-line. THEN...it will be time to revisit this again. But there's no need to keep debating it. If Canada is a bum, he'll show his bumness even more this coming season. There will be no debating it then.
    Well, not entirely. If it is as we suspect (and confirmed by Shades' comments) it is Tomlin who is making the O more "piss your pants" scared, making Canada's play calling even more adverse to risk, as ordained by Shades himself. If that is true, and Shades is able to keep influencing the O play calling, then Canada's plays will stay similar. Oh sure, Cool Shades claimed he influenced the play calling to be extra "conservative" because Pickett was a rookie. But we shall see if that's really true, but not because of Canada's decisions, but because of Tomlins. If he remains ultra scared and conservative, it will make the OC seem so, and then, of course, he will have Canada serve as the scape goat following the 2023 season. All by Cool Shades' plan. If the Steelers remain 26th in points scored, or jump to say 20th, it's not going to matter, they will contend for nothing. But Cool Shades will be lauded for his 9-8 finish, another lackey will be restored as OC and things will remain the same. But no "losing" season for Cool Shades. And the TTTs will remain claiming Shades is on his way to "building" a team. Fools gold.

  5. #5
    Banned

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by whisper View Post
    Well, not entirely. If it is as we suspect (and confirmed by Shades' comments) it is Tomlin who is making the O more "piss your pants" scared, making Canada's play calling even more adverse to risk, as ordained by Shades himself. If that is true, and Shades is able to keep influencing the O play calling, then Canada's plays will stay similar. Oh sure, Cool Shades claimed he influenced the play calling to be extra "conservative" because Pickett was a rookie. But we shall see if that's really true, but not because of Canada's decisions, but because of Tomlins. If he remains ultra scared and conservative, it will make the OC seem so, and then, of course, he will have Canada serve as the scape goat following the 2023 season. All by Cool Shades' plan. If the Steelers remain 26th in points scored, or jump to say 20th, it's not going to matter, they will contend for nothing. But Cool Shades will be lauded for his 9-8 finish, another lackey will be restored as OC and things will remain the same. But no "losing" season for Cool Shades. And the TTTs will remain claiming Shades is on his way to "building" a team. Fools gold.
    If your suspicions are correct, it will all come out next season. I'm not ready to say Tomlin is running the offense. I would have to see more proof of it; but if that be the case, the TTTers will still support him even thou the offense remains one of the worse. Let's hope the offense gets better. We'll have a strong indication by seeing what they add (and don't add) player wise to the offense.

  6. #6
    Legend

    User Info Menu

    I’m amazed.. (no, not really)

    but I’m entertained at every playoff game, pass and loss being a shining example of why the Steelers suck.

    Pretty sure some of you blame Tomlin for traffic on your way to work.

    Do you guys watch sportcenter and scream “BUT NOT THE STEELERS BECAUSE OF TOMLIN” every time they discuss football?
    I lost a bet about Najee gaining 1300 yards.

    "Our head coach has failed to win a playoff game for seven years in a row. His game day strategy, culture of divas, in game decisions, clock management, player evaluation, hires, and affinity with sub par starters at RB, P, and OL are holding the Steelers back. That standard remains the standard"



  7. #7
    Legend

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by Oviedo View Post
    C'mon...if he isn't complaining he has nothing to post
    A TTT response if there has ever been one. LMAO

  8. #8
    Pro Bowler

    User Info Menu

    Canada isn't an NFL OC, Tomlin is super risk averse at this point and Pickett had some INTs early on in the season. Combine all 3 and there you go. I don't think the Steelers under Tomlin have any plans or even know how to develop KP into a franchise type QB, they want a total game manager, 150-180 yards a game type guy.

    Best case scenario which obviously won't happen is after next season Tomlin decides to step down to take a TV gig and Steelers hire an X's and O's coach who hires a good OC for KP and the offense before it's too late.

  9. #9
    Legend

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by T.Ferguson View Post
    Canada isn't an NFL OC, Tomlin is super risk averse at this point and Pickett had some INTs early on in the season. Combine all 3 and there you go. I don't think the Steelers under Tomlin have any plans or even know how to develop KP into a franchise type QB, they want a total game manager, 150-180 yards a game type guy.

    Best case scenario which obviously won't happen is after next season Tomlin decides to step down to take a TV gig and Steelers hire an X's and O's coach who hires a good OC for KP and the offense before it's too late.
    that’s a silly assessment based on KP’s first year. I think this would make sense if it was Kenny’s 3rd or 4th year.

    Declaring all is lost after his rookie year is just plain old goofy.

    and I know, look at Ben’s last year.. because a 40 year old QB who could only generate 3 first down with his feet and had a whopping 5 yards before contact on the year is totally the same as a rookie with young legs.
    I lost a bet about Najee gaining 1300 yards.

    "Our head coach has failed to win a playoff game for seven years in a row. His game day strategy, culture of divas, in game decisions, clock management, player evaluation, hires, and affinity with sub par starters at RB, P, and OL are holding the Steelers back. That standard remains the standard"



  10. #10
    Pro Bowler

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by feltdizz View Post
    that’s a silly assessment based on KP’s first year. I think this would make sense if it was Kenny’s 3rd or 4th year.

    Declaring all is lost after his rookie year is just plain old goofy.

    and I know, look at Ben’s last year.. because a 40 year old QB who could only generate 3 first down with his feet and had a whopping 5 yards before contact on the year is totally the same as a rookie with young legs.
    Look into your heart, feltdizz, you know it to be true!!!

    I don't think all is lost with KP at all but he needs better coaching, we both know it, hell, Canada probably knows it too but is too shellshocked knowing he's coming back for a third season! Has he coached anywhere longer than 2 years?

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •