Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 91011
Results 101 to 110 of 110

Thread: No to Porter Jr. in the 1st

  1. #101
    Legend

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by Chucktownsteeler View Post
    After the K. Greene fiasco I'd be a little shy drafting from Illinois.
    So you would avoid an entire school because a project pick you tried - drafting a player in the third round to play a different position and start right away - did not work out?

    Seems a little heavy handed. Should we avoid players from Georgia because a highly touted, first round edge rusher fell on his face in Pittsburgh?

  2. #102
    Banned

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by steeler_fan_in_t.o. View Post
    So you would avoid an entire school because a project pick you tried - drafting a player in the third round to play a different position and start right away - did not work out?

    Seems a little heavy handed. Should we avoid players from Georgia because a highly touted, first round edge rusher fell on his face in Pittsburgh?
    hahahahahahahaha. Solid point made.

  3. #103
    Legend

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by steeler_fan_in_t.o. View Post
    So you would avoid an entire school because a project pick you tried - drafting a player in the third round to play a different position and start right away - did not work out?

    Seems a little heavy handed. Should we avoid players from Georgia because a highly touted, first round edge rusher fell on his face in Pittsburgh?
    we should just stick to drafting players only from Maryland and Virginia like we always do
    Steel Maniac's Time-Based Prediction: Lamar Jackson will be a bust and total flop in the NFL.

    What Actually Happened: Lamar Jackson became the youngest two-time NFL MVP winner ever.

    Gloat gloat gloat

  4. #104
    Banned

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by whisper View Post
    https://www.nfldraftbuzz.com/Player/...r-CB-PennState

    Nothing special, other than the idea of nepotism. Not especially fast, barely had any picks at PSU. What makes him a worthy 1st round draft pick? We've already had plenty of CBs who couldn't make ints. No thanks. We need turnovers desperately with this offense.
    I saw this mock draft and I thought of you. hahahahahahaha. Sorry.

    https://walterfootball.com/draft2023charlie.php

  5. #105
    Legend

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by hawaiiansteel View Post
    we should just stick to drafting players only from Maryland and Virginia like we always do
    Those are for after round 3 when they just guess on those picks any way; they don't really try in those rounds, can't you tell? It's just all "loosey goosey" and Cool Shades house of mirrors act. Those are the rounds where we select obese punters and QBs that are so bad they don't make it in for a single snap in PRESEASON.

    Not like the Cowher days, where such players like Chris Kemoeatu, Ike Taylor, Brett Keisel, Larry Foote, Clark Haggans, Aaron Smith, Kris Brown, Deshea Townsend, Chris Fuamatu-Ma'afala, Mike Vrabel, Earl Holmes, Israel Raybon, Orpheus Roye, Carlos Emmons, Oliver Gibson, Lee Flowers, Myron Bell, Kevin Henry, Willie Williams, Darren Perry, et el. were selected in later rounds.

  6. #106
    Legend

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by whisper View Post
    Those are for after round 3 when they just guess on those picks any way; they don't really try in those rounds, can't you tell? It's just all "loosey goosey" and Cool Shades house of mirrors act. Those are the rounds where we select obese punters and QBs that are so bad they don't make it in for a single snap in PRESEASON.

    Not like the Cowher days, where such players like Chris Kemoeatu, Ike Taylor, Brett Keisel, Larry Foote, Clark Haggans, Aaron Smith, Kris Brown, Deshea Townsend, Chris Fuamatu-Ma'afala, Mike Vrabel, Earl Holmes, Israel Raybon, Orpheus Roye, Carlos Emmons, Oliver Gibson, Lee Flowers, Myron Bell, Kevin Henry, Willie Williams, Darren Perry, et el. were selected in later rounds.
    A question for you; if the Steelers hit home runs in the draft this year will you be giving Tomlin the credit, or will you decide it was Weidl and Khan?

  7. #107
    Legend

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by NorthCoast View Post
    A question for you; if the Steelers hit home runs in the draft this year will you be giving Tomlin the credit, or will you decide it was Weidl and Khan?
    We aren't allowed to know, and it's by design, the Rooneys make sure it stays that way. No one is accountable for anything in the Steeler organization. This keeps it so no one is responsible. That's how they like it.

  8. #108
    Legend

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by whisper View Post
    We aren't allowed to know, and it's by design, the Rooneys make sure it stays that way. No one is accountable for anything in the Steeler organization. This keeps it so no one is responsible. That's how they like it.
    But, you have multiple posts blaming Tomlin for failed draft picks. How would you know?

  9. #109
    Legend

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by Steel Maniac View Post
    I saw this mock draft and I thought of you. hahahahahahaha. Sorry.

    https://walterfootball.com/draft2023charlie.php
    Yea, nepotism, let freedom ring.

  10. #110
    Legend

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by NorthCoast View Post
    But, you have multiple posts blaming Tomlin for failed draft picks. How would you know?
    We aren't allowed to know, and it's by design, the Rooneys make sure it stays that way. No one is accountable for anything in the Steeler organization. This keeps it so no one is responsible. That's how they like it.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •