Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 34

Thread: KP8 had 3rd fewest turnover worthy plays

  1. #21
    Legend

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by whisper View Post
    So, some are exited about the last 6 games of the season and the offense by Pickett during those games. So, let's look at it.

    Pgh STILL didn't set the world on fire by putting many points up either. The last 6 games: 19, 14, 24, 13, 16, 28. That's a whopping 19 PPG, 1 point over their season avg. of 18.1 PPG. So forgive me if I'm not bouncing off the walls about their offense the last 6 weeks; it was still CRAP, 19 PPG will get you out of the playoffs and certainly not to winning in the playoffs, just like the last three X we made it.

    So 19 PPG, let the celebration begin; we were really ON FIRE. All we need is a perfect defense and we can go on a real serious run putting up all those points, right?
    you just have to score more points than your opponent to win a game.

    A W isn’t worth more or less depending on the final score.
    I lost a bet about Najee gaining 1300 yards.

    "Our head coach has failed to win a playoff game for seven years in a row. His game day strategy, culture of divas, in game decisions, clock management, player evaluation, hires, and affinity with sub par starters at RB, P, and OL are holding the Steelers back. That standard remains the standard"



  2. #22
    Legend

    User Info Menu

    It'll be interesting to see where the two careers end up. Kinda like the two Devins after the 2019 draft.

    https://steelerswire.usatoday.com/20...ce=parsely-api

    ESPN disrespects Steelers QB Kenny Pickett in 2022 redraft

    Curt Popejoy
    February 7, 2023 8:45 pm ET
    ESPN undertook the project of redrafting the first two rounds of the 2022 NFL draft now that the 2022 regular season is wrapped up. We will dig more into what went right and wrong with the Pittsburgh Steelers in this redraft but there was nothing more surprising than how ESPN treated quarterback Kenny Pickett.

    Despite having a very strong rookie campaign, Pickett could do no better than move up to No. 16 from No. 20 to the New Orleans Saints. Meanwhile Mr. Irrelevant, San Francisco 49ers quarterback Brock Purdy shot all the way up to be the No. 4 overall pick.

    Was Purdy a better quarterback than Pickett last season? This is highly debatable but personally, I’d have loved to have seen what would have happened if their teams had been reversed and Pickett was coached by the 49ers and Purdy was under the guidance of Matt Canada. But hey, you let us know in the comments if you are OK with where Pickett ended up.

  3. #23
    Legend

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by NorthCoast View Post
    It'll be interesting to see where the two careers end up. Kinda like the two Devins after the 2019 draft.

    https://steelerswire.usatoday.com/20...ce=parsely-api

    ESPN disrespects Steelers QB Kenny Pickett in 2022 redraft

    Curt Popejoy
    February 7, 2023 8:45 pm ET
    ESPN undertook the project of redrafting the first two rounds of the 2022 NFL draft now that the 2022 regular season is wrapped up. We will dig more into what went right and wrong with the Pittsburgh Steelers in this redraft but there was nothing more surprising than how ESPN treated quarterback Kenny Pickett.

    Despite having a very strong rookie campaign, Pickett could do no better than move up to No. 16 from No. 20 to the New Orleans Saints. Meanwhile Mr. Irrelevant, San Francisco 49ers quarterback Brock Purdy shot all the way up to be the No. 4 overall pick.

    Was Purdy a better quarterback than Pickett last season? This is highly debatable but personally, I’d have loved to have seen what would have happened if their teams had been reversed and Pickett was coached by the 49ers and Purdy was under the guidance of Matt Canada. But hey, you let us know in the comments if you are OK with where Pickett ended up.
    Purdy is probably going to be a back up for most of his career. Unfortunate injury but unless he is ready week 1 I don’t see he him getting his job back from whoever is the 49ers QB.
    I lost a bet about Najee gaining 1300 yards.

    "Our head coach has failed to win a playoff game for seven years in a row. His game day strategy, culture of divas, in game decisions, clock management, player evaluation, hires, and affinity with sub par starters at RB, P, and OL are holding the Steelers back. That standard remains the standard"



  4. #24
    Legend

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by Chucktownsteeler View Post
    Some hate it when the facts come into play.

    He has just 12 plays that were turnover worthy, just behind Dalton and Hurts.

    This is a good article to read and learn a little on a new NFL metric.

    Enjoy!


    https://steelersdepot.com/2023/01/ke...ording-to-pff/
    And this mean what? Turnover plays often happen with down the field passes or lot of attempts which Pickett throws fewer than his peers. Check down passing and short passing is not conducive to many points, or yards per pass.

    Pickett needs major improvement here. Some fans need to wake up. Pickett did not play a full season either, he did not start / missed several games, which is a reason why he has only 12 " turnover " worthy plays. He had 9 interception and 3 fumbles in 12 full games played. He completed only 63 % of his passes with mostly short passing play and average a measly 6.2 yards per attempt. When Pickett throws it 31 times or more , we are 1-3, with the 1 game we won being +2 on the turnovers as a team.

    It we want a QB with a passer rating of 76.7 at the helm of a low scoring offense, we have found our man.
    Tomlin hasn't won a playoff game in seven years and counting. The earliest will be eight years. Art Rooney II, get a new head coach.

    Our 2024 draft is grade A.

  5. #25
    Legend

    User Info Menu

    If Purdy went to the Jets and played significant snaps, people would be calling him a bust and ridiculing the Jets organization for taking a guy rated as a priority free agent at 4th overall.

    Kenny probably would have done better on the Saints, who don't hide on offense.

  6. #26
    Pro Bowler

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by Joel Buchsbaum View Post
    And this mean what? Turnover plays often happen with down the field passes or lot of attempts which Pickett throws fewer than his peers. Check down passing and short passing is not conducive to many points, or yards per pass.

    Pickett needs major improvement here. Some fans need to wake up. Pickett did not play a full season either, he did not start / missed several games, which is a reason why he has only 12 " turnover " worthy plays. He had 9 interception and 3 fumbles in 12 full games played. He completed only 63 % of his passes with mostly short passing play and average a measly 6.2 yards per attempt. When Pickett throws it 31 times or more , we are 1-3, with the 1 game we won being +2 on the turnovers as a team.

    It we want a QB with a passer rating of 76.7 at the helm of a low scoring offense, we have found our man.
    How many of those INTs were tipped balls? A lot were not his fault. some were. he was not a grizzled vet last year. he was a rookie.

    Give the guy a chance.

  7. #27
    Pro Bowler

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by feltdizz View Post
    that’s because you are talking to someone who hates Tomlin, Rooney and most of the Steeler fans.. lol.

    Then you have some on here who didn’t want KP in the draft or are upset because they missed on their prediction of Tomlin being “in love” with Willis.

    Lastly, Pickett played well enougj to keep us from a losing season and guys like Whisper had us at 5 or 6 wins last year. Kenny is ahead of schedule and they fear his play will keep Tomlin and Canada around.
    to be honest, I didnt want KP. But the minute he was drafted, I wanted him to succeed. because I am a fan of the team.

    some people on here are almost wanting him to be a bust. it seems

  8. #28
    Legend

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by Blitzer View Post
    to be honest, I didnt want KP. But the minute he was drafted, I wanted him to succeed. because I am a fan of the team.

    some people on here are almost wanting him to be a bust. it seems
    My thoughts exactly. I have about one foot out of this site. Just found a relatively new Steeler site and joined yesterday.

    There are 4 or 5 posters here that are hell-bent on negativity and bringing the site down. They must lead a boring, pathetic life in their parent's basement.

    Have at it boys, I will stop and read from time to time but I'm out. Bash KP8, Tomlin, Najee at your heart's content. Guess what, they will all be back next season.

    C-town out.
    Help me find my post proving I am a Yinzer!

    Find the post Ovi labeled me a troll!

    We want to roll people!

  9. #29
    Legend

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by feltdizz View Post
    Lastly, Pickett played well enougj to keep us from a losing season and guys like Whisper had us at 5 or 6 wins last year. Kenny is ahead of schedule and they fear his play will keep Tomlin and Canada around.
    Oh wait. Tell everyone what you predicted: 11 wins. Wrongo Bucko. FAIL. I can't wait for your prediction this year. 13 wins? TTTers, you got to love them.

  10. #30
    Legend

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by whisper View Post
    Oh wait. Tell everyone what you predicted: 11 wins. Wrongo Bucko. FAIL. I can't wait for your prediction this year. 13 wins? TTTers, you got to love them.
    Somehow you believe a team winning 3 or 4 more games than you predicted makes you more right than being off by 2 games?

    Weird flex but okay.. lol
    I lost a bet about Najee gaining 1300 yards.

    "Our head coach has failed to win a playoff game for seven years in a row. His game day strategy, culture of divas, in game decisions, clock management, player evaluation, hires, and affinity with sub par starters at RB, P, and OL are holding the Steelers back. That standard remains the standard"



Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •