View Poll Results: What do we do about the two open QB spots?

Voters
9. You may not vote on this poll
  • Nothing, we keep Mitch and get a rookie free agent

    2 22.22%
  • Use the draft for Qb in rounds 1 and 2

    0 0%
  • Pick up a cheap veteran Qb ( under 4 Million ) in free agency.

    4 44.44%
  • Use the draft in round 3 and 4

    1 11.11%
  • Use the draft in round 7 or pick up a rookie free agent

    2 22.22%
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 69

Thread: What do we do about the open QB spots?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
  1. #1
    Legend

    User Info Menu

    What do we do about the open QB spots?

    What do we do about the open QB spots? Trubisky will likely be cut to save 8,000,000.00 on the salary cap. Rudolph is as good as gone.
    Tomlin hasn't won a playoff game in seven years and counting. The earliest will be eight years. Art Rooney II, get a new head coach.

    Current mock draft as of 3-18-24

    1. QB Nix
    2. C Fraizer
    3. OT Fisher
    3B. DL Smith
    4. S Bullock
    6. WR Pickney
    6. CB Newton

  2. #2
    Legend

    User Info Menu

    Dobbs at #2 and an UDFA.
    Help me find my post proving I am a Yinzer!

    My early 2024 draft:

    1.) OC - Jackson Powers-Johnson, C - Oregon
    2.) DL -Ruke Orhorhoro, DL, Clemson
    3.) WR - Nathaniel Dell, WR - Houston
    4a.) OT - Matt Goncalves, ROT - Pitt
    4b.) S -Tykee Smith - S - Georgia
    6A.) CB - Shon Stephensl - D - Ferris State
    6B..) DT - Jamree Kromah DT James Madison

    UDFA: P, WR, QB, TE



    We don't apologize for winning!

  3. #3
    Legend

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by Chucktownsteeler View Post
    Dobbs at #2 and an UDFA.
    He is not coming back. We let him go. By the way there is slim chances that Jones will go this year in round two of the draft. If you want him, we need to spend a first round pick one him.
    Tomlin hasn't won a playoff game in seven years and counting. The earliest will be eight years. Art Rooney II, get a new head coach.

    Current mock draft as of 3-18-24

    1. QB Nix
    2. C Fraizer
    3. OT Fisher
    3B. DL Smith
    4. S Bullock
    6. WR Pickney
    6. CB Newton

  4. #4
    Legend

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by Joel Buchsbaum View Post
    He is not coming back. We let him go. By the way there is slim chances that Jones will go this year in round two of the draft. If you want him, we need to spend a first round pick one him.
    Joel, why do you consistently want to replace our 1st round picks when they are in year 1 or 2 of their contract.

    I think that's the kind of thing that really bad teams do. Good teams let their guys develop before giving up on them I think.

    We made our beds...first with Najee and then with KP.

    Edited to add: I think it would have been different with a top 3 pick. With those picks, I think you always have to consider drafting a QB. But, I'd rather have KP playing better at the end of the year and getting wins than picking top 3 and wondering if I need to replace him.

  5. #5
    Legend

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by Northern_Blitz View Post
    Joel, why do you consistently want to replace our 1st round picks when they are in year 1 or 2 of their contract.

    I think that's the kind of thing that really bad teams do. Good teams let their guys develop before giving up on them I think.

    We made our beds...first with Najee and then with KP.

    Edited to add: I think it would have been different with a top 3 pick. With those picks, I think you always have to consider drafting a QB. But, I'd rather have KP playing better at the end of the year and getting wins than picking top 3 and wondering if I need to replace him.
    this is his “James Pierre will start on the outside” for 2023.

    Going to be a bunch of QB draft post simply because dude is too stubborn to admit we aren’t going QB this year.
    I lost a bet about Najee gaining 1300 yards.

    "Our head coach has failed to win a playoff game for seven years in a row. His game day strategy, culture of divas, in game decisions, clock management, player evaluation, hires, and affinity with sub par starters at RB, P, and OL are holding the Steelers back. That standard remains the standard"



  6. #6
    Legend

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by Joel Buchsbaum View Post
    He is not coming back. We let him go. By the way there is slim chances that Jones will go this year in round two of the draft. If you want him, we need to spend a first round pick one him.
    Who is Jones and why would chuck want him in the first when he just said Dobbs would come back?

    You are acting like a wife who asked her husband what he wants for Dinner and totally ignores his answer and tells him what he should want because its what she wants
    I lost a bet about Najee gaining 1300 yards.

    "Our head coach has failed to win a playoff game for seven years in a row. His game day strategy, culture of divas, in game decisions, clock management, player evaluation, hires, and affinity with sub par starters at RB, P, and OL are holding the Steelers back. That standard remains the standard"



  7. #7
    Legend

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by feltdizz View Post
    Who is Jones and why would chuck want him in the first when he just said Dobbs would come back?

    You are acting like a wife who asked her husband what he wants for Dinner and totally ignores his answer and tells him what he should want because its what she wants
    See his mock draft signature as the who Jones is. Follow along please. Hopefully I do not have to explain that we traded Dobbs away. Quick name me a player a team traded away the re-signed with his original team later. Can you?
    Tomlin hasn't won a playoff game in seven years and counting. The earliest will be eight years. Art Rooney II, get a new head coach.

    Current mock draft as of 3-18-24

    1. QB Nix
    2. C Fraizer
    3. OT Fisher
    3B. DL Smith
    4. S Bullock
    6. WR Pickney
    6. CB Newton

  8. #8
    Legend

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by Joel Buchsbaum View Post
    See his mock draft signature as the who Jones is. Follow along please. Hopefully I do not have to explain that we traded Dobbs away. Quick name me a player a team traded away the re-signed with his original team later. Can you?
    Got it. I thought we were talking about QB’s so I wasn’t sure what QB was available with that name.

    Not sure why trading Dobbs away would mean we couldn’t retain him. Is there a rule in place? If we brought back guys who left so I don’t see any reason we couldn’t bring Dobbs back in.
    I lost a bet about Najee gaining 1300 yards.

    "Our head coach has failed to win a playoff game for seven years in a row. His game day strategy, culture of divas, in game decisions, clock management, player evaluation, hires, and affinity with sub par starters at RB, P, and OL are holding the Steelers back. That standard remains the standard"



  9. #9
    Legend

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by Joel Buchsbaum View Post
    See his mock draft signature as the who Jones is. Follow along please. Hopefully I do not have to explain that we traded Dobbs away. Quick name me a player a team traded away the re-signed with his original team later. Can you?
    I think one correct answer is:

    Josh Dobbs.

    Happened once already, right?
    https://www.steelers.com/news/steele...bbs-to-jaguars

    Traded to Jax, where he was for the 2019 season. Resigned with the Steelers in 2020?
    Last edited by Northern_Blitz; 01-19-2023 at 11:22 AM.

  10. #10
    Pro Bowler

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by Joel Buchsbaum View Post
    See his mock draft signature as the who Jones is. Follow along please. Hopefully I do not have to explain that we traded Dobbs away. Quick name me a player a team traded away the re-signed with his original team later. Can you?
    Yay pronouns.... Steeler fans DO follow along... They just don't pay attention to "just football" fans....

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •