Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Do we really need to spend a high draft pick on receiver?

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by steeler_fan_in_t.o. View Post
    First round WR makes one receiver better.

First round LT makes every receiver and the QB better
    I dunno, 1 WR can make the other WRs better if they command double coverage. One WR can make the OL better if their routes are crisp and they can get open and catch. One WR can make the run game better with good blocking down field and also getting 8 or 8 out of the box.

It all depends on who shines at the combine and who is available when we select.
    Help me find my post proving I am a Yinzer!

Find the post Ovi labeled me a troll!

We want to roll people!

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Chucktownsteeler View Post
    I dunno, 1 WR can make the other WRs better if they command double coverage. One WR can make the OL better if their routes are crisp and they can get open and catch. One WR can make the run game better with good blocking down field and also getting 8 or 8 out of the box.

It all depends on who shines at the combine and who is available when we select.
    It's the old chicken or egg question. My belief is that it starts with the grunts up front. I think an exceptional line and average skill players is better than exceptional skill players and average line. If a QB has to make a decision in two seconds and the receiver has to get open in the same time then you need perfect execution on every play. Given time, even the most mediocre of players has the skill to execute.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by steeler_fan_in_t.o. View Post
    It's the old chicken or egg question. My belief is that it starts with the grunts up front. I think an exceptional line and average skill players is better than exceptional skill players and average line. If a QB has to make a decision in two seconds and the receiver has to get open in the same time then you need perfect execution on every play. Given time, even the most mediocre of players has the skill to execute.
    I agree that DJ can get open. Even in Ben's article today he states he can't be covered. But that doesn't mean squat if he can't catch or is afraid to get hit.

He was targeted 10 times against the Rats, catching 2. Now, 2 were batted down at the LOS so he was 2 of 8, 25%. That doesn't cut it, especially when he's raking in a cool 20 mil a year.
    Help me find my post proving I am a Yinzer!

Find the post Ovi labeled me a troll!

We want to roll people!

Legend

User Info Menu

I agree that DJ can get open. Even in Ben's article today he states he can't be covered. But that doesn't mean squat if he can't catch or is afraid to get hit.

He was targeted 10 times against the Rats, catching 2. Now, 2 were batted down at the LOS so he was 2 of 8, 25%. That doesn't cut it, especially when he's raking in a cool 20 mil a year.
    My issue is once he catches it. He rarely does anything exciting once he has the ball in his hands.
    I lost a bet about Najee gaining 1300 yards.

"Our head coach has failed to win a playoff game for seven years in a row. His game day strategy, culture of divas, in game decisions, clock management, player evaluation, hires, and affinity with sub par starters at RB, P, and OL are holding the Steelers back. That standard remains the standard"

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by feltdizz View Post
    you are annoying as hell.

either accept that WE.. say WE, or stfu.

yinzer can also be used a variety of ways.

back to ignore you go.
    Such an idiot. Like he's telling people something they don't already know.

Hey Tazz, as long as THE ROONEY PAID ANNOUNCER tells the fans that they are YOUR STEELERS, we will call them OUR Steelers.

In view of the fact that Mike Tomlin has matched Cowhers record I give him the designation:

TCFCLTC-
    The Coach Formerly Considered Less Than Cowher

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by feltdizz View Post
    My issue is once he catches it. He rarely does anything exciting once he has the ball in his hands.
    This was not true before this season. Something happened here.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Northern_Blitz View Post
    This was not true before this season. Something happened here.
    He has forgotten which way to run

In view of the fact that Mike Tomlin has matched Cowhers record I give him the designation:

TCFCLTC-
    The Coach Formerly Considered Less Than Cowher

Legend

User Info Menu

I'm hoping that he can figure this out because his game is falling off in other areas as he continues to struggle. I don't know if he needs a coach or a psychologist, but he needs to come to terms with this soon.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Lemming View Post
    He has forgotten which way to run
    Bad coaching.

Just like every play Tomlin should have been reminding (1) Pouncey that he's supposed to snap it TO the QB and (2) Ben what color jersey our team was wearing (can't expect a hall of famer to look at his own wardrobe); he should also be reminding DJ that the end zone we're trying to score on is the one that's in front of him when he lines up at the beginning of the play.

Tomlin just doesn't focus on the fundamentals enough. Terrible coach. FIRE HIM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Legend

User Info Menu

If Addison or Njigba are on the board at 17 we NEED to select them.

If not, we don’t need to do it and will draft one in the second round. Not the 32nd pick but the latter pick.
    Last edited by feltdizz; 01-20-2023 at 09:09 AM.
    I lost a bet about Najee gaining 1300 yards.

"Our head coach has failed to win a playoff game for seven years in a row. His game day strategy, culture of divas, in game decisions, clock management, player evaluation, hires, and affinity with sub par starters at RB, P, and OL are holding the Steelers back. That standard remains the standard"