Page 8 of 27 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast
Results 71 to 80 of 261

Thread: Why Tomlin can't win playoff games

  1. #71
    Legend

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by Northern_Blitz View Post
    Or maybe they were shell shocked after Pouncey made the biggest mistake of his life? Probably something he never screwed up so bad even in peewee?

    I don't think that we can say they weren't "mentally prepared to play". DTDs shake teams. I'd imagine that it's worse when it's the first play of the game. And when the horrendous mistake is a guy who is a big leader on the team.

    They did come back strong in the second half...which some might credit to the coach (because Tomlin's teams have generally not given up on games or seasons). But I think we could argue that Ben played a huge part in that too. Because he always had the heart of a lion and that part didn't decline with age.

    It was nice to see that the team didn't fold this year despite the putrid start.
    You didn't know that all coaches have joy sticks to control all their player's actions out on the field?

  2. #72
    Legend

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by Joel Buchsbaum View Post
    Look we have problems. Why can't all fans admit it that Tomlin hasn't won a playoff games with a franchise QB for five years and this year with Pickett for one year? Six years and running. It could be 7 years, and 8. Then what? Do you still want to keep him? Asking his die hard fans, you know who your are and so do we.

    Why do some fans need to move goal posts and act the we aren't all Steeler fans? That is not how fans act in live settings.
    I wanted Canada gone. He is staying. I will root for him to succeed and hope I was wrong. And I am not so arrogant to think I can't be wrong.

    That is supporting your team EVEN WHEN you disagree.

    When people do nothing but bash the team, you bet your Fandom will be questioned.




    In view of the fact that Mike Tomlin has matched Cowhers record I give him the designation:

    TCFCLTC-
    The Coach Formerly Considered Less Than Cowher

  3. #73
    Legend

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by BURGH86STEEL View Post
    You didn't know that all coaches have joy sticks to control all their player's actions out on the field?
    Mock the truth all you want.

    But I saw a documentary that clearly shows how our team does that very thing.

    The name of the documentary leaves no doubt it is talking about the Steelers.

    Last edited by Captain Lemming; 01-19-2023 at 06:54 PM.




    In view of the fact that Mike Tomlin has matched Cowhers record I give him the designation:

    TCFCLTC-
    The Coach Formerly Considered Less Than Cowher

  4. #74
    Legend

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by BURGH86STEEL View Post
    You didn't know that all coaches have joy sticks to control all their player's actions out on the field?
    Honestly, why didn't he just turn it off and restart after that first quarter?

    Terrible coach.

  5. #75
    Legend

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by Steel Maniac View Post
    Still won’t answer the question .. sad.
    Because the premise of the question is false.

    You clearly watch too much political coverage. Maybe that's why your particular response here is patterned after Trump? I'd imagine you've got to be careful doing that in CA.

  6. #76
    Legend

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by T.Ferguson View Post
    NB just won't let it go lol. We get it dude, you think Ben was the reason Steelers have lost in the playoffs, poor Tomlin, I hope he finds a truly elite QB next time lol. Maybe we can clone Joe Montana, is that allowed? We'd probably still lose in the first round lol oh man.
    And the biggest reason that we won the SBs (and got to another).

    Not sure how you can say that he wasn't the biggest reason for the loss in the Browns game though. Easily the worst game of his career, right?

    Although maybe Pouncey is a fair choice as well.

  7. #77
    Legend

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by Steel Maniac View Post
    I didn't know it was Ben who allowed Mayfield to just hit that 40 yard TD pass. Ben played defense too? Wow. Mayfield looked like a stud that day. And Chubbs and Hunt too. Guess Ben is responsible for that too. It was a total team loss. All phases of the game were ill prepared to play.
    As I said.

    I think we got outcoached. Particularly re: run defense.

    But you didn't see that part through your hate.

    But if you're a QB of a team and a hall of famer who is the cornerstone of the franchise and you throw 4 picks. You're a HUGE part of the reason the team lost.

    I can understand why some people think that he's not the biggest reason for the loss to Jax. I don't agree, but I understand. But he was absolute garbage in the first half of the Browns game. And the great second half he played just wasn't enough to save the day (although I certainly respect the heart he showed by not just hanging it up).

    Ben was always a double edged sword. Particularly in the playoffs. He's the biggest reason for our best playoff wins. And the biggest reason for our worst playoff losses. I don't get how people can argue with that. When you sign the massive contract, you have to wear the responsibility.
    Last edited by Northern_Blitz; 01-19-2023 at 07:15 PM.

  8. #78
    Legend

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by Captain Lemming View Post
    I wanted Canada gone. He is staying. I will root for him to succeed and hope I was wrong. And I am not so arrogant to think I can't be wrong.

    That is supporting your team EVEN WHEN you disagree.

    When people do nothing but bash the team, you bet your Fandom will be questioned.
    NO ONE gives a rat's @ss who questions what fandom, just so you are aware.

  9. #79
    Legend

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by Northern_Blitz View Post
    As I said.

    I think we got outcoached. Particularly re: run defense.

    But you didn't see that part through your hate.

    But if you're a QB of a team and a hall of famer who is the cornerstone of the franchise and you throw 4 picks. You're a HUGE part of the reason the team lost.

    I can understand why some people think that he's not the biggest reason for the loss to Jax. I don't agree, but I understand. But he was absolute garbage in the first half of the Browns game. And the great second half he played just wasn't enough to save the day (although I certainly respect the heart he showed by not just hanging it up).

    Ben was always a double edged sword. Particularly in the playoffs. He's the biggest reason for our best playoff wins. And the biggest reason for our worst playoff losses. I don't get how people can argue with that. When you sign the massive contract, you have to wear the responsibility.
    Then how does that apply to Cool Shades? He signed his massive contract (top 5 paid coach in the world) where has he worn the responsibility? Ah, I see, double standards apply. So with Ben, he is responsible for producing after he signed his big deal, but with Cool Shades, he gets a pass. No playoff win in 6 years and counting. I see how that work. The old double standards. How nice for the TFW.

  10. #80
    Pro Bowler

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by Steel Maniac View Post
    Wow..there going to use all their alternate user names today huh? Oh well. Such is life.
    They Are???

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •