Wild Card Weekend - Who Are You Rooting For And Why?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • flippy
    Legend
    • Dec 2008

Wild Card Weekend - Who Are You Rooting For And Why?

1. SF vs Seattle

SF. Would love to see a forgotten rookie QB win the SB or at least represent the NFC. Plus I like CMC who I think it the real league MVP. Just look how good this O has been since they added him.

2. Chargers vs Jags

Jags. I'll root for anyone in our division or who has been in our division. I doubt they win here, but I've always enjoyed the fight they put up when they play us.

3. Miami vs Buffalo

Miami. I like the city better. Wouldn't mind another no name QB having success.

4. NYG vs Minny

Minny. This looks like one of the least interesting games to me. Not sure why I prefer Minny. I just have a hard time rooting for NY teams I guess. Not sure why?

5. Baltimore vs Cincy

Baltimore. I don't like that both of these teams are in and we aren't. I think I generally respect the Baltimore franchise more and if we can't win, let our biggest rival have it.

6. Dallas vs TB

Tampa. Old guys everywhere are rooting for Tommy B to keep hope alive for us geezers. Plus Dallas is the worst. They could have Jesus at QB and I'd probably dislike them.
    sigpic
  • Eich
    Legend
    • Jul 2010

Originally posted by flippy
    5. Baltimore vs Cincy

Baltimore. I don't like that both of these teams are in and we aren't. I think I generally respect the Baltimore franchise more and if we can't win, let our biggest rival have it.
    Let them have it??!!! NEVER, EVER!! LOL

I hate the rats. I hope they get beaten 41-3 and Hairball leaves the field in tears.

I'd like to see Kirk Cousins do well. So, I'm rooting for the Vikings in that game.

I also like Allen, so I'm rooting for the Bills.

I'm tired of Tom Brady, so I'm reluctantly rooting for the Cowgirls, though it pains me to admit that. But if I was forced to bet $1000, I'd bet on Brady in this one.

Comment

• Djfan
      Legend
      • May 2008

Not watching. Don't care. The nfl cured me of being an nfl fan, and now I am just a Steelers fan. When they are done, I am done.

If I had to choose, I'm hoping for the Bills.
      Steel City Mafia
      So Cal Boss (Ret)
      [URL]http://www.anewsong.com[/URL]

Comment

• T.Ferguson
        Pro Bowler
        • Sep 2021

Sort of don't care, NFL kinda sucks now and so does the new playoff format. Seattle vs San Fran?? Hawks have no chance. Same for Miami against Buffalo. The only games that are interesting to me is Chargers/Jags because of the young QB duel and maybe Ravens/Bengals because of the rivalry but they just played and I don't think Ravens have much of chance.

Comment

• Steel Maniac
          Banned
          • Apr 2017

I'm pulling for Tampa Bay. Because I love it when Cowboys and their fans go down crying and whimpering like they deserve for everyone to just give them a chip. It's also great fun to see Stephen A go at Michael Irving and Irving come up with a million more excuses why the Cowboys face planted again.

Comment

• hawaiiansteel
            Legend
            • May 2008

I'll be rooting for a SF 49ers - Buffalo Bills Super Bowl.
            Steel Maniac's Time-Based Prediction: Lamar Jackson will be a bust and total flop in the NFL.

What Actually Happened: Lamar Jackson became the youngest two-time NFL MVP winner ever.

Gloat gloat gloat

Boom........Knuckle up. Punk.

My IT guy...
            Hahahahahahaha

Comment

• Northern_Blitz
              Legend
              • Dec 2008

I'll watch, but I'm just hoping for good games.

I want the Bills to win. I have some empathy for the long suffering Bills fans (really fans of any Buffalo sports franchise).

Comment

• feltdizz
                Legend
                • May 2008

While I’m still bitter and will watch the Bills game with hateful eyes.. lol.

Seriously though, I love the playoffs and when we aren’t in it its like watching the NFL during our bye week. No real emotions involved just hoping for a few close games or upsets.

Now to the picks.

Seahags. Not sure why but I feel like the 49ers been on a serious run. One of those runs where you should probably lose a game to “reset” or fix a flaw but I believe its been 10 games. I also like underdogs.

Jags. This team is hard to trust. They blew the doors off of the Chargers earlier this year. Chargers coach got their WR injured in a meaningless game but that’s football. May come back to bite them. Will be fun watching the next gen of QB’s battle it out. Someone is leaving with a W and someone leaves with an L. The loser proves they can’t play ball in the playoffs right? I kid, I kid.

Bills. Phins have no QB. The end.

Giants. I don’t trust Minnesota. They could make a run to the NFCCG or they could lose by 20 on Sunday. No idea who that team is bbt this Giant team is different. Game will be shockingly low scoring

Bmore. Only picking Baltimore because I don’t want this Bungle team thinking they are hot schitt. Bungles probably win but I would like to see them crash and burn this week. Then Bmore gets totally embarrassed next week. Yeah.. prolly not happening but this is a wish, not reality. Can both of them lose? I wish.

and I really wish both these next teams could lose. I’m picking the Bucs. Cowboys haven’t won a road playoff game since 1992. That is insane. Why start now?
                Giants 10
                Steelers 31

Comment

• flippy
                  Legend
                  • Dec 2008

Originally posted by Northern_Blitz
                  I'll watch, but I'm just hoping for good games.

I want the Bills to win. I have some empathy for the long suffering Bills fans (really fans of any Buffalo sports franchise).
                  I was a huge fan of Jim Kelly back in the day and loved watching them play.

I think that unit could be one of the best teams ever but just never won the big game.

I enjoy watching Josh almost as much. I’ve always though Ben was the improved version of Jim Kelly and Josh is the new and improved Big Ben so there is a bit of a tie in here in my mind.
                  sigpic

Comment

• feltdizz
                    Legend
                    • May 2008

Originally posted by Eich
                    Let them have it??!!! NEVER, EVER!! LOL

I hate the rats. I hope they get beaten 41-3 and Hairball leaves the field in tears.

I'd like to see Kirk Cousins do well. So, I'm rooting for the Vikings in that game.

I also like Allen, so I'm rooting for the Bills.

I'm tired of Tom Brady, so I'm reluctantly rooting for the Cowgirls, though it pains me to admit that. But if I was forced to bet $1000, I'd bet on Brady in this one.
                    I don’t want to see Cincy win either. I would prefer Baltimore win and humble these Bengals. They are getting too comfortable.
                    Giants 10
                    Steelers 31

Comment

• Steeler Mafia
                      Starter
                      • May 2008

No one. The NFL season officially ended last Sunday at 4:00 pm EST.
                      sigpic
                      ~Props to AS, my sig Consigliere~

"Even the strongest man needs friends.... Politics is knowing when to pull the trigger."
                      ~ Don Lucchesi to Vincent

Comment

• Steel Maniac
                        Banned
                        • Apr 2017

Brandon Staley of the Chargers stupidly played his starters in a meaningless game last week and it cost them Mike Williams. With that said, coupled with a loss to the Jags, I think that will be the end of Staley and Sean Peyton takes the Chargers job over the Cowboys job.
                        Last edited by Steel Maniac; 01-13-2023, 06:39 PM.

Comment

• Captain Lemming
                          Legend
                          • Jun 2008

Originally posted by flippy
                          I was a huge fan of Jim Kelly back in the day and loved watching them play.

I think that unit could be one of the best teams ever but just never won the big game.

I enjoy watching Josh almost as much. I’ve always though Ben was the improved version of Jim Kelly and Josh is the new and improved Big Ben so there is a bit of a tie in here in my mind.
                          Also want the Bills. Really feel for their awesome.fans.
                          sigpic

In view of the fact that Mike Tomlin has matched Cowhers record I give him the designation:

TCFCLTC-
                          The Coach Formerly Considered Less Than Cowher

Comment

• NJ-STEELER
                            Legend
                            • May 2008

Originally posted by T.Ferguson
                            Sort of don't care, NFL kinda sucks now and so does the new playoff format. Seattle vs San Fran?? Hawks have no chance. Same for Miami against Buffalo. The only games that are interesting to me is Chargers/Jags because of the young QB duel and maybe Ravens/Bengals because of the rivalry but they just played and I don't think Ravens have much of chance.

I’ve heard the playoff format brought up on nfl radio this week.
                            some lopsided match ups because of it.
                            2 double digits gages and cincy at 9.

last 13 WC weekend double digit faves have covered the spread.

what used to be 3 vs 6 is now 7 vs team that used to get a bye.
                            Some bad football

Comment

• Buzz
                              Legend
                              • Dec 2017

Pulling for Minnesota vs. Buffalo in the Super Bowl

that way, one of them would win their first Lombardi after a number of blown opportunities

Comment

Working...