View Poll Results: Is Purdy a top ten QB already?

Voters
8. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

    1 12.50%
  • No

    6 75.00%
  • Almost

    1 12.50%
  • Need to see 2 more games

    0 0%
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 28

Thread: Is Rookie Purdy a top ten QB now?

  1. #1
    Legend

    User Info Menu

    Is Rookie Purdy a top ten QB now?

    I think he is. He is 4-0 as a starter, adding to the skill players and playing winning football. He not being carried by the team, he can pass and play. And is in the running for rookie of the year.


    https://www.espn.com/nfl/player/_/id...41/brock-purdy
    Last edited by Joel Buchsbaum; 12-25-2022 at 05:29 PM.
    Tomlin hasn't won a playoff game in seven years and counting. The earliest will be eight years. I guess that in Art Rooney's II, opinion is worth a 3 year extension.

    Our 2024 draft looks to be grade A. Our 2023 draft is an A. The roster is talented, but Mike Tomlin is still the head coach.

    *** Mike Tomlin is the best coach since the AFL- NFL merger that has not won a playoff game in 8 seasons or more. It's either him or Lewis. ***

  2. #2
    Legend

    User Info Menu

    I see three votes. Anyone else? Take it for me, this guy can play. I say he a top 10 QB right now or a top 14 QB to lower the standard. The top QB's are in the playoffs. The top 14 playoff teams that is.
    Last edited by Joel Buchsbaum; 01-03-2023 at 09:11 AM.
    Tomlin hasn't won a playoff game in seven years and counting. The earliest will be eight years. I guess that in Art Rooney's II, opinion is worth a 3 year extension.

    Our 2024 draft looks to be grade A. Our 2023 draft is an A. The roster is talented, but Mike Tomlin is still the head coach.

    *** Mike Tomlin is the best coach since the AFL- NFL merger that has not won a playoff game in 8 seasons or more. It's either him or Lewis. ***

  3. #3
    Legend

    User Info Menu

    Did anyone see him in the playoffs? He looks like a good veteran qb, 6-0 as a starter, high QB rating. A winner, I wish we drafted him and heck yes he is a top 10 qb now!
    Tomlin hasn't won a playoff game in seven years and counting. The earliest will be eight years. I guess that in Art Rooney's II, opinion is worth a 3 year extension.

    Our 2024 draft looks to be grade A. Our 2023 draft is an A. The roster is talented, but Mike Tomlin is still the head coach.

    *** Mike Tomlin is the best coach since the AFL- NFL merger that has not won a playoff game in 8 seasons or more. It's either him or Lewis. ***

  4. #4
    Banned

    User Info Menu

    He’s looking like a stud but we have to give him the entire next season before officially grading him out. But I’m super impressed with his intelligence / football I.Q. So far.

  5. #5
    Legend

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by Steel Maniac View Post
    He’s looking like a stud but we have to give him the entire next season before officially grading him out. But I’m super impressed with his intelligence / football I.Q. So far.
    He is going to win the NFL rookie of the year. I am impressed with his over all game. He is 6 - 0 with a very high QN rating. Always throws 2 TD's in a game. He has 13 td's and only 4 int's.

    https://www.nfl.com/players/brock-purdy/stats/
    Last edited by Joel Buchsbaum; 01-16-2023 at 07:49 AM.
    Tomlin hasn't won a playoff game in seven years and counting. The earliest will be eight years. I guess that in Art Rooney's II, opinion is worth a 3 year extension.

    Our 2024 draft looks to be grade A. Our 2023 draft is an A. The roster is talented, but Mike Tomlin is still the head coach.

    *** Mike Tomlin is the best coach since the AFL- NFL merger that has not won a playoff game in 8 seasons or more. It's either him or Lewis. ***

  6. #6
    Banned

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by Joel Buchsbaum View Post
    He is going to win the NFL rookie of the year. I am impressed with his over all game. He is 6 - 0 with a very high QN rating. Always throws 2 TD's in a game. He has 13 td's and only 4 int's.

    https://www.nfl.com/players/brock-purdy/stats/
    Oh yeah. 75-80 percent of being a good QB is above the neck. I'd take a guy who's (cerebral) but is accurate in a 20-25 yard radius over a guy who can't read defenses but runs like the wind any day.

  7. #7
    Legend

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by Steel Maniac View Post
    Oh yeah. 75-80 percent of being a good QB is above the neck. I'd take a guy who's (cerebral) but is accurate in a 20-25 yard radius over a guy who can't read defenses but runs like the wind any day.
    There is still time to vote and you can change you vote if already voted. IMO this young QB who has won TWO PLAYOFF games is for real.
    Tomlin hasn't won a playoff game in seven years and counting. The earliest will be eight years. I guess that in Art Rooney's II, opinion is worth a 3 year extension.

    Our 2024 draft looks to be grade A. Our 2023 draft is an A. The roster is talented, but Mike Tomlin is still the head coach.

    *** Mike Tomlin is the best coach since the AFL- NFL merger that has not won a playoff game in 8 seasons or more. It's either him or Lewis. ***

  8. #8
    Banned

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by Joel Buchsbaum View Post
    There is still time to vote and you can change you vote if already voted. IMO this young QB who has won TWO PLAYOFF games is for real.
    With every game, he's making a stronger and stronger case. If he can handle the Eagles defense, then I may change my stance.

  9. #9
    Legend

    User Info Menu

    We may have seen the last of Brock.
    Help me find my post proving I am a Yinzer!

    Find the post Ovi labeled me a troll!

    We want to roll people!

  10. #10
    Banned

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by Joel Buchsbaum View Post
    I think he is. He is 4-0 as a starter, adding to the skill players and playing winning football. He not being carried by the team, he can pass and play. And is in the running for rookie of the year.


    https://www.espn.com/nfl/player/_/id...41/brock-purdy
    49ers QB Brock Purdy scored in the mid-90s on the S2 Cognition test.

    The test, which is administered to nearly 800 draft prospects each year, is designed to test an athlete's cognitive processing abilities. It aims to measure how quickly and accurately an athlete can process information and top quarterbacks have historically performed in the upper echelon. For comparison, Purdy's results mirror that of former Chargers and Saints quarterback Drew Brees. Head coach Kyle Shanahan continues to insist that Purdy is the team's starting quarterback when healthy, a position seemingly rationalized through the newly revealed test results.

    SOURCE: Mike Jurecki on Twitter
    May 29, 2023, 7:40 PM ET

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •