X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Sword
    Pro Bowler
    • Sep 2011

NFL Refs are so bad or the fix is in.

The last play tonight Giants at Redskins..
    PI by the giants that was not called…was all over the receiver before the ball got there…There has to be special flag to challenge penalty at least in the last quarter or some time frame before end of the game….Either NFL refs suck or the fix is in with Vegas and the NFL…
  • TheRealTazz864
    Pro Bowler
    • Jun 2022

Originally posted by Sword
    PI by the giants that was not called…was all over the receiver before the ball got there…There has to be special flag to challenge penalty at least in the last quarter or some time frame before end of the game….Either NFL refs suck or the fix is in with Vegas and the NFL…
    The call on the TD challenge in the game between the Pats and the Raiders was clearly wrong. Even the announcer saw it and circled it on replay; so it was that clear... Fortunately, the Christmas Eve game is in Pittsburgh, so the Raiders' "home cooking" fix won't be in as far as venue... Something to be aware of... Pittsburgh needs to avoid even the APPEARENCE of contention...
    Last edited by TheRealTazz864; 12-19-2022, 01:23 AM.

Comment

• feltdizz
      Legend
      • May 2008

That missed call cost a friend of mine $400 dollars. He is pissed and said the same thing.
      Giants 10
      Steelers 31

Comment

• WindyCitySteel
        Legend
        • Nov 2011

Originally posted by feltdizz
        That missed call cost a friend of mine $400 dollars. He is pissed and said the same thing.
        Your friend's addiction to gambling cost him $400. And therein lies the real problem behind suspicious calls and the appearance of impropriety, it's just too easy for anyone with a phone to bet on live sporting events.

Including men and women in black and white striped shirts.

Comment

• feltdizz
          Legend
          • May 2008

Originally posted by WindyCitySteel
          Your friend's addiction to gambling cost him $400. And therein lies the real problem behind suspicious calls and the appearance of impropriety, it's just too easy for anyone with a phone to bet on live sporting events.

Including men and women in black and white striped shirts.
          Not my place or yours to make diagnosis on addiction.
          Giants 10
          Steelers 31

Comment

• Buzz
            Legend
            • Dec 2017

They didn't want Washington winning that game

League punishing Dan Snyder when they get the chance

Comment

• crushedspirit
              Pro Bowler
              • Feb 2021

I could have swore the WR was wearing a backpack that looked like a DB

It's almost every game now, and expected that refs will make a game changing call. It started with the Vikings getting ripped off on Saturday. Let's see what's they have up their sleeve for Monday night.

Comment

• Northern_Blitz
                Legend
                • Dec 2008

Challenging PIs was an experiment that the league already ran. And it was a horrible decision.

I hope they never go back to it.

Comment

• Northern_Blitz
                  Legend
                  • Dec 2008

I don't the the addiction part is the point he's making.

When you lose any amount of money on one play, it's easy to think the fix is in.

Heck, you don't even have to have money on the game. Look at the Jesse James play.

Refs are human and miss calls.

But it's really easy for us to put a narrative on that when the calls they miss impact our wallets (or our hearts )

Comment

• WindyCitySteel
                    Legend
                    • Nov 2011

It was tongue-in-cheek, but bets don't place themselves. It's called "gambling", not "winning", and the odds of doing it well over an extended period are not good.

Comment

• whisper
                      Legend
                      • Mar 2020

The fix has been in long before gambling got legalized. Who remembers that Pgh win over SD where Troy Polamalu scored the final TD with time expiring, that covered the spread for Pgh???? Magically, the score was waved off, for no apparent, logical or legal reason, but since most $ was on Pgh to cover, it was waved off, no score, Pgh doesn't cover the spread. And they got away with it, barely any media mentioned it. But they did here:

For the second time in a Chargers game this season, the NFL has admitted that officials blew a call near the end of the game. Except this time, the mistake affected only angry gamblers and fantasy …

Comment

• "BuzzNuter"
                        Pro Bowler
                        • Mar 2019

The NFL is fixed. I believe the fix was in for the Rams last year.

The main problem with gambling is , it's addictive. Some people can't watch a football game without betting. Back in the day a good friend of mine was so addicted that he would bet minor league baseball in South Dakota. He needed that fix every day. My father was a poker player and a pony enthusiast. I can remember going to the track at age 11 and being a gopher for my dad and my uncle's.

My dad wasn't an addict and he said, if you break even that's all you can ask for.

Comment

• NorthCoast
                          Legend
                          • Sep 2008

Originally posted by "BuzzNuter"
                          The NFL is fixed. I believe the fix was in for the Rams last year.

The main problem with gambling is , it's addictive. Some people can't watch a football game without betting. Back in the day a good friend of mine was so addicted that he would bet minor league baseball in South Dakota. He needed that fix every day. My father was a poker player and a pony enthusiast. I can remember going to the track at age 11 and being a gopher for my dad and my uncle's.

My dad wasn't an addict and he said, if you break even that's all you can ask for.
                          The really scary part? Just read a few days ago about a startup tech company that will enable 'micro-betting', i.e in-game, short duration bets as the game progresses. There will be people that end up in over their heads once this hits the market. The NFL is all about player health these days. What about fan financial health??

Comment

• feltdizz
                            Legend
                            • May 2008

Originally posted by whisper
                            The fix has been in long before gambling got legalized. Who remembers that Pgh win over SD where Troy Polamalu scored the final TD with time expiring, that covered the spread for Pgh???? Magically, the score was waved off, for no apparent, logical or legal reason, but since most $ was on Pgh to cover, it was waved off, no score, Pgh doesn't cover the spread. And they got away with it, barely any media mentioned it. But they did here:

https://www.nydailynews.com/sports/f...ticle-1.337157
                            that was the day it was confirmed some games are fixed. I don’t believe all games are fixed but that ending was blatant as hell. I told my wife they were going to wave off the score and sure enough they did. No explanation given.

First game I really thought sports was fixed? NBA Game 6, Sacramento vs Los Angeles series. That game was cooked so bad it was damn near a crime.
                            Last edited by feltdizz; 12-19-2022, 10:48 PM.
                            Giants 10
                            Steelers 31

Comment

• Djfan
                              Legend
                              • May 2008

This is why my passion went from "off the charts" to "meh." The nfl is just not what it could be. Sad.
                              Steel City Mafia
                              So Cal Boss (Ret)
                              [URL]http://www.anewsong.com[/URL]

Comment

Working...