Page 5 of 17 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Thread: Mock draft simulator

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Shawn View Post
    I don't have to recite his Rose Bowl stats those speak for themselves. The first time he was on the field without Olave and Wilson (both first round picks) he blew up for 3 TDs and 347 yards but I don't need to speak of them lol. I digress let me quote Wilson. Garrett Wilson on saying he thinks Jaxon Smith-Njigba might be the best receiver in Ohio State history: “I stand by that.”Olave, Wilson and Smith-Njigba all agreed that Smith-Njigba was the most athletic of the trio.

He has size, speed, explosion, elite hands, feel for coverage, knows how to get open, has smooth fluid hips, elite route runner and as the third option on the Buckeyes beat two first rounders in yardage. When he did get the spotlight as stated above he made the most of the opportunity Utah had no solution. He is a freak of nature. He changes the face of the passing game for any team. Why not give Kenny that kind of weapon?
    2nd round I'm all for it, but he doesn't have elite size or speed. Or wait a year for the best receiver in the land, Marvin Harrison Jr.

Since you didn't give yours, I'll tell you the comps I'm seeing online: Roddy White, Robert Woods, Jarvis Landry.

Not a generational guy. Seriously, were you that high on him prior to the Rose Bowl?

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by WindyCitySteel View Post
    2nd round I'm all for it, but he doesn't have elite size or speed. Or wait a year for the best receiver in the land, Marvin Harrison Jr.

Since you didn't give yours, I'll tell you the comps I'm seeing online: Roddy White, Robert Woods, Jarvis Landry.

Not a generational guy. Seriously, were you that high on him prior to the Rose Bowl?
    Just because you try to make the rules doesn't mean I have to play by them. I do not think there is a good comparison. And yes, I loved Njigba before the Rose Bowl. But, I suppose Wilson knows less than you about his talent huh. As for Harrison Jr....he is indeed very nasty.
    Trolls are people too.

Backup

User Info Menu

Paris Johnson Jr.
    OT Ohio State
    PIT

O'Cyrus Torrence
    OG Florida
    PIT

Jalin Hyatt
    WR Tennessee
    PIT

DeMarvion Overshown
    LB Texas
    PIT

Ricky Stromberg
    OC Arkansas
    PIT

Cameron Mitchell
    CB Northwestern
    PIT

Byron Young
    EDGE Tennessee
    2020 MNF Exec Champion

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by passhappy View Post

Paris Johnson Jr.
    OT Ohio State
    PIT

O'Cyrus Torrence
    OG Florida
    PIT

Jalin Hyatt
    WR Tennessee
    PIT

DeMarvion Overshown
    LB Texas
    PIT

Ricky Stromberg
    OC Arkansas
    PIT

Cameron Mitchell
    CB Northwestern
    PIT

Byron Young
    EDGE Tennessee
    Not bad at all!
    Help me find my post proving I am a Yinzer!

My early 2024 draft:

1.) OC - Jackson Powers-Johnson, C - Oregon
    2.) DL - D'Vondre Sweat, NT, Texas
    3.) ILB - Payton Wilson, ILB - NC State
    4a.) OT - Matt Goncalves, ROT - Pitt
    4b.) S -Tykee Smith - S - Georgia
    6.) CB - Marcellus Dial - CB - South Carolina
    7.) DT - Jamree Kromah DT James Madison

UDFA: P, WR, QB, TE

We don't apologize for winning!

Legend

User Info Menu

PFF agrees with me on JSN's non-elite speed. He'll be best working from the slot, and in fact would have at OSU again in 2022 if his shredded hamstring ever recovered.

He'll be a good NFL player, but IMO closer to JuJu than AB.

2. WR JAXON SMITH-NJIGBA, OHIO STATE (https://www.pff.com/college/preview-magazine)

While Smith-Njigba outproduced the 10th and 11th overall picks in this past year’s draft, that doesn’t necessarily make him a shoo-in to be a top-10 pick. He won’t be running in the 4.3s anytime soon like both Chris Olave (https://www.pff.com/nfl/players/chris-olave/84355) and Garrett Wilson (https://www.pff.com/nfl/players/garrett-wilson/97405) did at the combine. Operating primarily from the slot, JSN showed some of the best route-running savvy, ball skills and after-the-catch ability of any receiver in the country last season. He also could get chased down by linebackers in the open field. The worry is that, without that deep speed element to his game, he’ll be pigeonholed to the slot where he spent all his time last season.
    Last edited by WindyCitySteel; 12-13-2022 at 09:16 AM.

Legend

User Info Menu

Re: all the mock drafts, are you guys just guessing in the later rounds at positions of need? Do you really think 5th/6th/7th round corners and linebackers and centers are going to be part of the rebuild? Have you even heard of the players you're selecting or are you just snagging a position?

The most bang for the buck will come with the first 4 picks in 2023 (all in the top 75, possibly) AND whatever impact free agents they hopefully sign.

Legend

User Info Menu

Re: all the mock drafts, are you guys just guessing in the later rounds at positions of need? Do you really think 5th/6th/7th round corners and linebackers and centers are going to be part of the rebuild? Have you even heard of the players you're selecting or are you just snagging a position?

The most bang for the buck will come with the first 4 picks in 2023 (all in the top 75, possibly) AND whatever impact free agents they hopefully sign.
    You didn't like this thread. One never know what pick or position brings the best bang for you buck.

Trading down is the way to go! I like this one!

PIT

Bijan Robinson - A weapon is added to the offense in the running department and passing department.
    RB Texas
    trade icon
    PIT

Henry To'oTo'o - The best three down MLB in the draft, we need it!
    LB Alabama
    PIT

John Michael Schmitz - Strong and technical interior OL player.
    OC Minnesota
    trade icon
    PIT

Mazi Smith - A real DT/NT. The run defense needs it!
    DT Michigan
    trade icon
    PIT

Andrew Vorhees. Dotson is replaced
    OG USC
    PIT

Tyler Van Dyke - A Qb prospect.
    QB Miami (FL)
    PIT

Michael Turk - A real punter

AND I get :

2024 GB 1st
    2024 TEN 6th

More draft capital for the future.
    https://www.profootballnetwork.com/mockdraft/nfl-team-logos/Steelers.gif

Now get Sean Peyton as the head coach, Do it! We've got a lot of cap space to fill out in free agency. 1st on this list is a new tackle.
    Last edited by Joel Buchsbaum; 12-13-2022 at 10:03 AM.
    The Steelers had a great draft in 2023. However better play calling / coaching is badly needed. Tomlin is hasn't won a playoff game in seven years and counting. Nor has hired anyone good to his coaching staff. Think about that. Mike Tomlin says, " hell yeah we've got to make some changes. " We are waiting. But Khan and Weidl appear to have better management on the salary cap and draft needs. How much we sign player for in 2nd and 3rd contracts need some major work.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

PIT

Bijan Robinson
    RB Texas
    PIT

Sean Tucker
    RB Syracuse
    PIT

Tank Bigsby
    RB Auburn
    PIT

Devon Achane
    RB Texas A&M
    PIT

Kenny McIntosh
    RB Georgia
    PIT

Michael Turk
    P Oklahoma
    PIT

Ronnie Bell
    WR Michigan

Joel did this one for you. we need a 6 headed rb attack.

Starter

User Info Menu

The probability of hitting in the later rounds is low, sure, but there's certainly value to be had in those rounds.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Blitzer View Post
    PIT

Bijan Robinson
    RB Texas
    PIT

Sean Tucker
    RB Syracuse
    PIT

Tank Bigsby
    RB Auburn
    PIT

Devon Achane
    RB Texas A&M
    PIT

Kenny McIntosh
    RB Georgia
    PIT

Michael Turk
    P Oklahoma
    PIT

Ronnie Bell
    WR Michigan

Joel did this one for you. we need a 6 headed rb attack.
    One is fine. How do you like the draft and my offseason plans? If only it works out that way.

We need to upgrade OL, RB, ILB, DT/NT and punter. I nailed that and picked a good developmental QB.
    The Steelers had a great draft in 2023. However better play calling / coaching is badly needed. Tomlin is hasn't won a playoff game in seven years and counting. Nor has hired anyone good to his coaching staff. Think about that. Mike Tomlin says, " hell yeah we've got to make some changes. " We are waiting. But Khan and Weidl appear to have better management on the salary cap and draft needs. How much we sign player for in 2nd and 3rd contracts need some major work.