Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Blitzer
    Pro Bowler
    • Nov 2022

I am glad that he is known as former Bucs receiver vrs former Steeler receiver.

Comment

• Northern_Blitz
      Legend
      • Dec 2008

Originally posted by WindyCitySteel
      CTE isn't triggered by one hit. Dorin Dickerson on the Fan Morning Show said he's known AB for a long time and he's always been like this, he just behaved until he got the bag. Ryan Clark apparently said things similar a few years ago.
      He took more than one hit.

I don't think what Clark said was about this legal stuff that he keeps getting himself into. Things have clearly been getting worse at an accelerated pace for ab.

Comment

• kindlecatsb'ng
        Pro Bowler
        • Sep 2008

CTE isn't triggered by one hit. Dorin Dickerson on the Fan Morning Show said he's known AB for a long time and he's always been like this, he just behaved until he got the bag. Ryan Clark apparently said things similar a few years ago.
        Yes, I heard this yesterday on the AM show. It is difficult to get mental health help for an individual who resists it. He's been given many chances and seems to have a penchant for his destructive behavior.
        sigpic

Comment

• WindyCitySteel
          Legend
          • Nov 2011

Originally posted by Northern_Blitz
          He took more than one hit.

I don't think what Clark said was about this legal stuff that he keeps getting himself into. Things have clearly been getting worse at an accelerated pace for ab.
          Everyone wants to link it to the Burfict hit, though.

Comment

• Northern_Blitz
            Legend
            • Dec 2008

Everyone wants to link it to the Burfict hit, though.
            Because of the timeline. And I think every NFL player who's brain they've looked at has CTE. So they're likely all above the threshold for hits. So maybe one big event could be a big deal for any of them. I think we know so little about the brain that it's hard to be sure about anything.

So I agree you're right that doesn't mean that it's the reason (which I also said in the post you replied to).

It could be something different. Where basically getting kicked off the Steelers, Raiders, and Pats in a very short period of time damaged his mental health. Or even earlier than that when he wasn't voted MVP and / or when Ben said he should have thrown it to Juju every play. A guy like AB probably made it by ruthlessly squashing any doubts about himself. Because that's what every pro athlete has to do.

So someone who finds insane success that way probably isn't going to turn around and say "now I'm looking for help to fix this thing that everyone else says is wrong about me".

Shawn probably has better insight into stuff like this. Doesn't he work with addicts or something? I'd imagine that would make him very familiar with mental health issues.

Comment

• WindyCitySteel
              Legend
              • Nov 2011

Originally posted by Northern_Blitz
              Because of the timeline. And I think every NFL player who's brain they've looked at has CTE.
              They only looked at ones with CTE symptoms. There was no control group, one of the many, many flaws with the "science". We never hear about the thousands and thousands of NFL retirees living normal lives.

Comment

• whisper
                Legend
                • Mar 2020

He threw a shoe at a gf....and that causes people to lose their sh-t? Give me a break. He has done lots of of sh-t in the past that warrants disdain, but throwing a shoe? I'm not sure this is one of them.
                Last edited by whisper; 12-03-2022, 12:44 PM.

Comment

• Buzz
                  Legend
                  • Dec 2017

Originally posted by whisper
                  He threw a show at a gf....and that causes people to lose their sh-t? Give me a break. He has done lots of of sh-t in the past that warrants disdain, but throwing a shoe? I'm not sure this is one of them.
                  probably more about him pi$$ing off the police by refusing to cooperate with them
                  he thinks his celebrity entitles him to special treatment
                  would love to see him get a rude awakening

Comment

• Ghost
                    Legend
                    • May 2008

I remember reading an interview w/ AB’s step-father where he said nothing AB does surprises him because he’d been this way his whole life.

Maybe the hits made it worse but at the end of the day the guy is just a d!ck.
                    sigpic

Comment

• whisper
                      Legend
                      • Mar 2020

Originally posted by Ghost
                      I remember reading an interview w/ AB’s step-father where he said nothing AB does surprises him because he’d been this way his whole life.

Maybe the hits made it worse but at the end of the day the guy is just a d!ck.
                      I doubt the "hits" made it worse; I'm thinking the $ did though.

Comment

• hawaiiansteel
                        Legend
                        • May 2008

Celebrity jeweler sues Antonio Brown for $1.1 million

Posted by Mike Florio on April 11, 2023

He’s gone from the NFL, but it’s impossible to forget him. Because he periodically does something that serves as a reminder.

Via TMZ.com, Brown allegedly failed to pay nearly $1.095 million for jewelry received from celebrity jeweler Shuki International. He has been sued for the money.

The items include two diamond fingers, like the one Brown is wearing in the attached photo.

It allegedly happened in 2022. And if the allegations are true, here’s the question. Why would anyone at this point give Brown anything for other than cash on delivery? He has a history of not paying for things, and of getting sued for not paying.

Not that it makes it right for Brown to buy things and not pay for him. But, at a certain point, it’s just bad business to do business with him.

Steel Maniac's Time-Based Prediction: Lamar Jackson will be a bust and total flop in the NFL.

What Actually Happened: Lamar Jackson became the youngest two-time NFL MVP winner ever.

Gloat gloat gloat

Boom........Knuckle up. Punk.

My IT guy...
                        Hahahahahahaha

Comment

• feltdizz
                          Legend
                          • May 2008

They only looked at ones with CTE symptoms. There was no control group, one of the many, many flaws with the "science". We never hear about the thousands and thousands of NFL retirees living normal lives.
                          we see and hear a lot of former players with podcast and TV gigs daily so we know every player doesn’t end up lost on the streets once they retire.
                          Giants 10
                          Steelers 31

Comment

• Buzz
                            Legend
                            • Dec 2017

Originally posted by whisper
                            I doubt the "hits" made it worse; I'm thinking the $ did though.
                            $$$$$$$$$$
                            As time goes on, we see that AB's pattern of behavior is not that of someone suffering from brain injuries ... it's that of an extreme and evil narcissist

best for everyone if this dirtbag could be locked away somewhere and forgotten, no more of the media attention he craves

Comment

• whisper
                              Legend
                              • Mar 2020

Originally posted by Buzz
                              $$$$$$$$$$
                              As time goes on, we see that AB's pattern of behavior is not that of someone suffering from brain injuries ... it's that of an extreme and evil narcissist

best for everyone if this dirtbag could be locked away somewhere and forgotten, no more of the media attention he craves
                              It seems inevitable. Doubt he's gonna wake up.

Comment

• hawaiiansteel
                                Legend
                                • May 2008

Antonio Brown's National Arena League team 'in chaos': nonpayment for players, coaching changes, team bus incident

TIM BENZ | Wednesday, May 3, 2023

Not long ago, we told you that former Steeler Antonio Brown was being sued by a celebrity jeweler over issues of non-payment. A former live-in chef once made a similar claim. He’s also allegedly failed to pay doctors, trainers and artists. So should we be surprised that the players on
                                Steel Maniac's Time-Based Prediction: Lamar Jackson will be a bust and total flop in the NFL.

What Actually Happened: Lamar Jackson became the youngest two-time NFL MVP winner ever.

Gloat gloat gloat

Boom........Knuckle up. Punk.

My IT guy...
                                Hahahahahahaha

Comment

Working...